The Big Bang Theory

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 In Season

karlmeszaros

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews page 8 of 22

• 2 Dimensional

Been watching and loving TBBT but it's becoming too Sheldon Centric. It was much better when his humor was derived from the collective (the ensemble group). Also they've flattened the strong Amy Farrah Fowler character into a mere backdrop of Sheldon, it was much more fun when she held her own and even got to Sheldon. I love all the characters including Stuart and liked that they made them all important to the story line. I've said all along this show has been "Friends"- of the Nerds, it's unfortunate that it's just becoming too 2 dimensional with it centering on Sheldon. Hope the writers get a clue and fix it before they lose their audience.
  • Great TV show overall, even with a decline over tme

TBBT is a very good comedy, even if it's declining a bit over time. Starting around season 6 maybe, or mid-5. But it's still one of the best you can find.
  • Two Thumbs Up

This show gets a lot of unwarranted hate on sites like Reddit, but I think it's hilarious. I'll watch it any time it's on, regardless how many times I've seen that episode.
  • I Love This Show!!!!!

I cannot say enough good things about this show. I love all the characters and how they bounce off each other to make an amazing it coming!!!!
  • Awsome show!

Great show by all means. We love all the characters especially Sheldon! Many of our subscribers look forward to it week in week out!
  • Hey Australopithecus!

I love The Big Bang Theory!! The whole family looks forward to every week.
  • Where to begin...

The Big Bang Theory is a show that had an amazing kickoff. It was hilarious, quirky, and memorable in its own unique way and the cast of characters and the ways they used all the science as accurate as they did really sealed the deal. But that all changed in the last couple of years. What we have now is nothing more than a pretentious, overrated love fest. The show has lost all of its appeal and I have not even smiled at it these last two years. It disgusts me that the audience decides to cheer at the most unnecessary things that may go on in a particular episode and it's never anything that remotely deserves that kind of attention.

Besides that though all the romantic interaction and such that is such a big part of the show is flat out terrible. I can definitely tell it's not the kind of show that has any sort of grasp on how to properly portray it and there's absolutely no value to be found there at all, with the exception of Sheldon and Amy to some extent. I have no idea why more people care more for this show than Two and a Half Men.

With all of that said though I'm not trying to insult this show or anybody who's a fan of it because I know a lot of you are and I don't have anything against that whatsoever. All I'm doing here is giving my own personal opinion about it because that's what all reviews are and I believe it is okay to express what you really feel about something. This will be my final opinion on the show however so I won't be editing this anymore, but I just thought I would share how I really feel about what has happened to this show and how I feel about it all.
  • Big Bang Moms

When will we finally get to see Leonard's mom and Sheldon's mom meet? They are 2 of the funniest characters on tv, played by 2 of the most talented actresses anywhere. I want to see them meet and see what happens.
  • funniest show ever... but Raj...

so far i gave on many other shows which had a good start but are becoming truly stupid

the only show that keeps being funny at every single episode is TBBT !!

just received the bluray box and have being rewatching all seasons

i love it so much but i have to admit, i hate Raj, his character was funny for a few episodes, but then very annoying, not to say pathetic, can't stand him anymore

it was ok when the cast wasn't that big, but now that they all have girlfriends, removing Raj would not be an issue
  • Amy Farrah Fowler

3.5
    Amy has got to be the funniest character on tv today. The actress was good at Blossom and now is hilarious as Amy. She is my fave character on the show and that is saying something with such an outstanding cast. There is not a deadweight amongst them. I'm glad Bernadette is a regular now, too. Even the smaller role of Stuart (comic book store owner) is well done.
  • Love it!

I love this new season and 3 episodes so far is a riot and happy Amy on the Scavernger Vortex is touching.
  • Loving 7th Season

Best so far.
  • 7th Season Starting Off Better

I will always love TBBT even when it's weak. But this season is starting off with a healthy dose of true bang, and tonight's episode "The Scavenger Vortex" had me laughing the entire time. Amy and Howard totally p0wned the episode - a refreshing surprise. If those scenes didn't/don't get you at least cracking a smile I'll be sad for you.
  • This show just keeps getting better

I don't know which show some of you guys have been watching, maybe Dads or Sean saves the world but if its BBT then you must know this show just keeps getting better. The last episode was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing and I love how they paired them up in this episode. It's always more fun on any show when couples who normally won't hang out together get to with hilarious consequences. I am loving season 7 so far, keep it up guys.
  • It's not what it was

4.5
    When I first saw TBBT I found this show really refreshing season after season. But the last two seasons showed such a rapid decline that I'd sometimes wish that Sheldon finally had sex with Amy.

At least then it's over and we are over with this show in it's current form. Thanks for ruining a once great show by cast additions, love, sex... Have never seen that before on TV...

If I'd want that I can watch HIMYM or a Friends re-run...

No thank you!
  • The new season not finding the same pulse with the fans.....

Many people have said they could not put their finger on what is wrong with this new season, well I can think of three issues;

1, The Need to add new characters, to engage the viewers with new story lines, they seem to be a very green bunch on the show, and no not GL green, more like recycling Humour is starting to get real old.

2, Perhaps some new sets and new locations, again to add new story lines.

3, Love the cast and the overall show, but as an international viewer they make to many false inferences to other countries such as the whole "Excalibur, king Arthur, king of England" Ref last season did it for me, as Arthur was a Briton, a Celt, in fact from the tribe that now makes up the people Of Wales, He was not an Anglo-Saxon aka English so How can he be there King as England did not even exist then, seriously you can do science but not history even though the title track would suggest otherwise, pick up a book people, or do a search online, Google dose not = the Internet!

• Glad to see I am not alone

I am with others here in that I had a hard time believing that this is the show I have been watching for 6 years. It just didn't feel "right". Can't put a finger on it yet, but certainly the writing has to be held as the main culprit here. It seems the writers will stoop to any implausible situation to go for a cheap laugh, rather than stay to true to the characters and indeed the character of the show itself.

Also agree that for these characters to be funny they need to put in funny situations. When they just sit around talking with each other, they are generally coming across as petty and shallow people. It feels like we are watching a new show now, " Two and A Half Nerds"

Bring back the old Bang! Please!

I will give a 6 simply because the old shows were so good, but yes, it has been going downhill since around season 4 and looks like the trend is continuing. My hopes are fading it will ever return to its former glory.
  • the unconscious mind 101

for anyone majoring in you want a clear understanding of the unconscious mind all you have to do is observe Sheldon. he says he misses his friend but his behavior says otherwise.
  • I think Jim Parsons is a cutie patootie, but the two shows.............

2.5
    stunk. Not more than a mild 'hah' in the 44 total minutes.

Good question, timgschmitt, what HAS changed?

Good thing I'm not vested in this show, or I'd be ranting like a raving lunatic and accusing the show of Lumberjacking (see Dexter thread).

Jim, not to worry, countless unintelligent millions love your new soapy soap show with its soapy mooshy moosh. You are far too talented for this tripe, and I'll see you when you're back on Broadway (you killed in Harvey) or in your new movie The Normal Heart. You're the Cary Grant of the 21st century, and have eons of creative years ahead of you, praise dog. Not to worry as Lorre screws up this show, it is his wont.

And yes, that wasn't ranting. See the Dexter thread if you don't believe me.
  • BBT is Hovering and Needs a Boost

What I enjoyed about the past seasons of 'The Big Bang Theory' was the diversity of set locations such as: a Las Vegas bar, a hotel seminar, the desert, the Antarctic expedition, Howard ('Rocket Man") in space, etc. These 'away from home' adventures made the show more interesting and different and the comedy seemed to flow better too. In the 7th season premiere, Leonard's sea expedition was too short although Sheldon's dream sequence was funny

However what I'm sensing now is the characters are starting to get dull and the sets are being relegated to: the boys (Sheldon, Leonard) apartment, Penny's apartment, Raj's apartment, Howard and Bernadette's apartment, the university . cafeteria, labs, offices) and the comic bookstore.

This show needs to amp up because I definitely believe it has 'The Simpsons' staying power. The actors/actresses perform their lines wonderfully but the comedic potential that science and technology offers the audience is not being exploited enough. What I'm suggesting to Mr. Lorre is, more funny science, please. Take the viewers on a laughable adventure with leading edge (or weird) science and the technological underpinnings that make it possible. For example:

1. Bernadette starts to grow (or shrink) after being exposed to one of the biological organisms she is studying in her lab.

2. Amy programs a hat used in her monkey lab experiments that forces the wearer to act uncontrollably romantic and tricks Sheldon into wearing it.

3. Howard goes back to MIT and finds out he was cloned in a perverse experiment.

4. Sheldon grows a goatee because stroking it makes him think better.

5. Kripke designs a plasma propulsion engine, attaches it to a small observation balloon and uses it to spy on his beautiful neighbor (TBD).

6. Penny explores method acting as a way to make herself more marketable. She pretends she is a character who suffers from spectrophobia (fear of ghosts).

7. The apartment elevator mysteriously starts to work again but it takes its riders to hell.

The possibilities are limitless and the laughter, well; I'm chuckling already!

• What was wrong with season 7 premiere?

Something was off. Was it timing, over use if laugh track, editing. It just was not as good as we have been getting. What was changed?.
  • Show is starting to Jump the Shark

Adding al these cast members is getting annoying now, and it is taking away from what the concept of the show was really about. It started being a good show, but it is just turning too mainstream. So with that said, the first 3 seasons were the best. After that it started shifting, and eventually jumping the shark.
  • Better than your usual American sitcom by a long shot

I'm not usually a fan of stage American comedies but this one is very funny and the characters are all very relateable.
  • All most there

I miss Penny!
  • best show

i love sheldon he is the cutest one ever!:)
  • Get rid of the laugh track on The Big Bang Theory

It's one of the reasons i rarely watch the show. Laugh tracks are so obnoxious. Especially when you play the laugh track and play the laugh track and ...
  • Extraordinariamente original

los personajes son excelentes. Cada uno representa brillantemente sus personajes. Es una critica a la sociedad moderna centrada en la realidad que viven sus personajes, ilustrando la problemtica individual que viven las personas, dadas sus cualidades individuales reflejando la herencia de cada grupo familiar de acuerdo con rasgos particulares sociolgicos, que desde el punto de vista de la comedia hacen de la serie un espectculo fresco con atractivos que motivan la sana diversin y distraccin para salir de la rutina cotidiana y alejar el stress.
  • Absolutely great

Sheldons 187 IQ steals the show. I hated sitcoms but this one made me think otherwise.
  • GENIUS!

This show is absolutely genius. Not only because it deals with the difficulties of geniuses. Each character is unique and created to the tiniest details and made absolutely loveable. I could not pick who my favorite is. The story develops a bit foreseeable from time to time but that makes the show very light. No drama, no death, no big problems. It just deals with the every-day-life-problems of pretty girls, nerds and geniuses and their trying to get along. The jokes are fantastic and the writing and texting is super smart.
  • GREAT SHOW.

Till now it's they continue there good work and don't make the characters irritating..
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12