The Big Bang Theory

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 In Season

neomichel

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews page 9 of 19

• Reruns are just as funny the 5th time around

I watch this show every day twice a day and each time I laugh just as hard. I'm guessing I like this show just a bit. I love over the top intelligent men who has a sense of humor. I'm married to one : )
  • Who Said There's Nothing Good on TV Anymore?

This is one of the funniest sitcoms ever made. It centers on Sheldon and Leonard, two scientists/roomates working at a university that get a new neighbor named Penny, whom Leonard falls in love with at first sight. Two other friends include Wolowitz, a shrimpy engineer who thinks he's a lady-killer, and Raj, another scientis who is unable to talk to women. Later in the series, Amy Farrah Fowler appears, who is almost like Sheldon in every way. All these characters are very well done and actually scientists are used to help make the characters in the show 100% accurate with science. There was a lot of effort put into this show and that is why it is one of the best sitcoms of all time.
  • The Simpsons Writers Should Get Some Inspiration From This Series

More and more, I have come to appreciate the humor of The Big Bang Theory. The stories have gotten clever over the years; and the characters have worn well on me--especially Sheldon. As a retail clerk at Big Lots during the cold weather months in Indiana, I adopted Sheldon's style of wearing a sweater underneath my uniform shirt. If The Simpsons is to last 30 or more years, the writers of that classic animation series would do well to watch some episodes of Big Bang. After all, the humor of The Simpsons is what undoubtedly launched The Big Bang Theory in the first place--Wolfowitz's mother is very reminiscent of Mrs. Skinner from The Simpsons.
  • Missing FOUR Shows that would be FANTASTIC !!!

WHY NOT PRODUCE FOUR ONE HOUR LONG SHOWS, HOSTED BY EACH CAST MEMBER, SHOWING THE "OUT TAKES". IT WOULD HAVE TO BE ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. IT WOULD MAKE FOUR WEEKS OF VIEWING TO LOOK FORWARD TOO VERSES FOUR WEEKS OF WINTER RERUNS.

THINK ABOUT IT!
  • NOT MANY LAUGHS ON NETWORK TV THESE DAYS

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, AT THE PRESENT TIME (JANUARY 2013), THE ONLY FUNNY COMEDIES ON NETWORK TV ARE THE THREE SETH MCFARLANE SHOWS ON FOX, '30 ROCK' ANF 'THE BIG BANG THEORY'.
  • Great show

I love TBBT :)
  • One of the best sitcoms on TV

When it first premiered some years ago I was skeptical, I thought it was a lame show without giving it a try. But now I'm hooked, it's one of the best sitcoms on TV, if not THE BEST, and I'm picky when it comes on to sitcoms. I hope it stays on for another 6 seasons.
  • I love this show

This is the best show. The only thing is that they can tuen down Sheldon a little it is way to over the top. Other than that is one of the best shows on right now
  • One of the best comedy

Great show! Clever, lovable characters, great stories, a bit humor!!!

Simply love it!!!
  • The Big Bang Theory

A show that keeps on improving and has LOL moments in each episode till now, hope the show never stops improving or stay on this level of quality.

The Show is just AWESOME.
  • omg this show is the best!

AWSOME! That's what this show is :) Sheldon Cooper has to be my favorite!
  • the big bang theory

the show gets better and better leonard is my faveret cast memeber he is just amazing or as some people say jarmazing
  • A Brief Distillation of a Sparsely Editorial Intent on Present Conundrums

I'm not one to take sitcoms seriously, since they are driven to control audience reaction rather than to authentically depict funny situations. Most sitcoms ever made are anything but ad-libbed and are written down to the most minute detail. Yet while this is mostly the case with this series (with the exception of Jim Parson's physical comedy, since his gestures help drive home the tone of his character), there's a charm to be had here.

Some characters don't really work, at least not anymore; Bernadette is squandered most of the time as the goody-goody, pretty, well-endowed microbiologist. When she controls Howard fiercely, just like his mother, she shines, because then she doesn't seem so bland and Amy is wasted whenever she doesn't pose as the unbalancing act in Sheldon Cooper's socially-inept scale, such as whenever an opportunity springs, to her, to make love with Sheldon (in sometimes perverted ways, suggesting that she's almost as inept as Sheldon) or to make him into the man of her dreams. However, the love plot between Leonard & Penny wanes for long stretches of the show, especially in the current (6th) season. It's good that character development does occur for some, like for Howard Wolowitz, who was somewhat of a dirtbag for the duration of the show; he's been maturing in some ways, while still brimming with his awkward nerdiness of which he's in denial. Raj's sexual ambiguity was being explored briefly, but then it was ditched entirely and now he's just lingering, as if ignored.

Leonard is the straight guy of the crew, as was obvious from the get-go. However, it's kind of a tired act at this point because very few witty or funny situations present themselves to rock his balanced character. Penny rarely ever takes part in this proverbial ballet anymore since they are being depicted as a steady couple. There was always an "opposites attract" relationship between her and Leonard, but that hardly seems to matter anymore to the writers. If a surprise is in store, then I admit that I probably will be taken in the way the writers intend. That's only if such a scenario is imminent, anyway. I still wager that Kaley Cuoco is marvelous to look at, and that's a compliment. Same accolades can be granted to Melissa Rauch, who plays Bernadette.

Sheldon, however, is still the same love-him or hate-him self-annointed supreme genius of the group. He hasn't changed and he doesn't really need to. If anything, the way he's being handled, with new occurences like Amy's weak attempts to seduce him, and the other guys trumping Sheldon when Sheldon tries to grasp onto his superiority complex over others, are welcome given that he is maintained as a stubbon and somewhat sociopathic character.

Not to mention some underlying character traits and plot points (mostly minor stuff) seem to have been ignored. Like the portrayal of Bernadette's mother who looked anything but overbearing, turning out to be anything but similar to Howard's mother (remember, this was one of the reasons Howard & Bernadette fell in love). Raj's sister was written off completely it appears, and Howard's ascent into the vacuum of space was only focused on for five or six episodes; now it's been reduced to the fact that Howard is the only one of the four guys to truly accomplish something in their respective fields, and nothing more. It almost feels like the writers have been slowing down, or did not know how to continue the storylines they produced previously in the show.

While it may bounce back as a consistently entertaining and, compared to most other sitcoms, modestly engrossing situational comedy in the near future, right now we're being bombarded with inconsistent treats and scenarios, and wasted character potential. The sixth season may not be all that great so far, but it could pick up later on.
  • Review for BBT

As a scientist, a chemist, myself I find this show very amusing!

I really liked the they obsessed with Nerdic-stereotypes and in most cases, they are just right!

In the early seasons it had a lot of laughs and science in technical terms, which only few people could really laugh about, without making themselves look stupid. Thus far, it was mostly enjoyable.

But this series got more and more self-absorbed into relationships, of course there had to be new characters like Amy and Bernadette, but their influence is too frequently!

And what I never could accept is the role of Sheldon Cooper... he should be a Person with Asperger-autism? That failed in so many ways. Sometimes they are getting it right, but in many cases, this condition is marked as a humoristic feature in persons having it.... really? I know persons with aspergers...

Nevertheless, this show is sometimes very good to forget the sobriety of life.
  • A clever title goes here!

There is no hope for America.
  • Classic Comeback

This episode brought back memories of previous TBBT episodes. Last weeks episode wasn't very good IMO but this weeks episode was HILARIOUS. Wish I could've emphasized on that last word more :)

Penny teaching Howard about fishing was a nice plotline. Howard grossing out at every part of the technique was really funny, too.

I still am not a fan of Amy and don't think that I ever will be but her plot was funny mainly because of Sheldon.

To respond to the "review" by user 'mgyukeri', I would like to say this "If you don't like a show, there is a proper way of expressing it. You're just a troll trolling,

Love you, TBBT
  • Really, America?

How does a show that makes fun of people with Asperger's become the most popular show on television? Seriously, people?
  • A clever title goes here!

Great show. Always makes me laugh when I am in a bad mood.
  • This is my favorite TV show!

Finally a comedy show for the geek at heart.
  • The annoying Sheldon does get old

It's highly unlikely that such intelligent young men act so immature. (they act more like high school geeks) In the real world most people would not put up with Sheldon's annoying, demands. It would be nice to see him put in his place more often. Other then those annoying little quirk's, it's pretty entertaining. Just curious, who plays the voice of Wolowitz's mother? I'm also wonder why Lenoard is constantly wearing an outside jacket?
  • Doesn't get old

Love Big Bang - even the constant repeats!
  • funniest show ever!!!

i wish if there were more episodes every season :)
  • Best show ever

sheldon cooper is the best!!!!!!!!
  • The Big Bang Theory

Comedy TV - SHOW. Great cast really funny & entertaining. All 4 of the guys are hilarious. I only wish the Girls where more hilarious. I also think it would be funny if Rajesh got a girlfriend.
  • How is this show not the best comedy

I'm a huge fan of this show and to see that How I Met Your Mother is the number one comedy is just insane don't get me wrong I like How I Met Your Mother but Big Bang Theory is suppose to be number 1
  • NCC-1701

Did anyone else notice that Wil Wheaton's address on the last episode was 1701?
  • Finally

Season 6 Episode 6 and the big bang theory feels like that little show we all felt in love with, again. This Episode was amazing. it had all the nerdiness required!! Loved sheldon and leonard's conversations overlaped. and the comment Raj made about callcenters, brilliant. i'm glad they picked it up a little bit, i was getting worried.
  • Boring.

I know I'm a minority on this, but I think this show isn't funny in the slightest. The character 'Sheldon' is incredibly annoying, jokes like 'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested' are really over-used, and quite frankly dull. The most annoying thing however, is that there is minimal progress to the story. One marriage, and that's it. 6 Seasons in, and that's it. i find this show, while not awful, extremely over-rated.
  • Absolute hysteria

The sixth season started a bit dull but then caught on real quick by the fourth episode. I personally feel Johnny Galecki has put on tons of weight and needs to shed it off ASAP. Its making him look older than the rest of the gang. Mayim Bialik's injury is not very apparent and i hope for a quick recovery. She and the team have done a good job not making it obvious or cooking up a story where she gets injured.

Sheldon is back with his eccentricity, Penny handing Sheldon his ass at every opportunity, Raj with his innocent innuendos, Leonard back to being frustrated and most of all Wolowitz is back on earth. Woohoo! Now these are the ingredients for an amazing season.

Cheers

Live Long & Prosper :P
  • very funny pretty kiddy

big bang theory very funny and great show.each season great.jim and johnny are very succesful actors.miyam and kaley are great too.i love it and always love.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13