The Big Bang Theory

neomichel

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews page 9 of 21

• life changes

2.5
    I was told that Big Bang Theory was an intellectual comedy. Imagine my surprise when I tried to watch an episode, only to be subjected to an annoying laugh track repeated after every utterance. Smart people don't need a prompt to know wha is funny. I don't watch any programs with those inane laugh tracks.
  • Life Changes!

A great finale. I am glad that Lucy is gone, and Raj had more self confidence socially. I hope Leonard and Penny can use Skype on computer!! I do love Sheldon!

I laugh out loud at every show, and love this show!!!
  • At Last

I have just discovered The BBT. Where have I been hiding? It is the best show out there.
  • love this show

this show just gets better and better. keep it up.
  • Buszinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The best show ever.
  • Used to love this show

Now it just annoys me. Certainly went downhill and became less witty when they added the female cast. Nothing wrong with the female characters, it's just gone from high comedy to very low... Not even a good sitcom.
  • Surprisingly, it still manages to keep getting worse

I started watching Big Bang Theory when my friends pointed out to me that it was a smart show full of geeky humour. And they were right, in the first season, it was chock full of clever science, engineering and comic/movie references that occasionally made me feel smart for understanding them. Then, as the show's popularity grew, its intelligence dropped. Season 2 was already a serious let down after the first, but it's just steadily been getting worse. Now, it's basically a standard sitcom, all about relationships, stereotypes and basically "Look at how socially awkward these guys are! Look at how stupid the blonde is!" It went from an intelligent show to a show that insults the viewer's intelligence.

And it has the worst laugh track in existence. Anytime a character says ANYTHING, especially if it's Sheldon, the "audience" goes absolutely mental. Just because your show isn't funny, doesn't mean you get to tell the viewer he should be laughing.

Should've been canned after season 3 at the latest.
  • When should it end?

I watch this show and barely get a smirk. I find it hard to watch it too, not what I'm looking for. Sometimes I can't stand it. It's very overrated, it has nothing on those classic comedies which were able to dominate TV over a decade for its entire run, or so. It's such a not great example of fine TV. And they still use the excessively loud laugh track, even less points because of that. Tone it down a little.

Just how much can Sheldon talk? He just babbles again and again, as redundant as can be, with people thinking he is a genius, he is indeed a brilliant guy though but not that funny. Gets annoying too. So he explains everyday situations or whatever that goes on, in a scientific way and Penny is always like "what?" They relied on that humor for 4 seasons maybe. Now the show has survived 6 seasons and it is so not a good one. Don't even care for the other characters, I don't find them interesting at all, especially the girls when they were added to the main cast. Weak. Maybe just Wolowitz, he says inadequate stuff that can be amusing.

But really there, this show has no brilliance, style or sparkle at all and it doesn't deserve to be recognized as one the greats of the comedy genre. It's so average, such as the episodes and some characters. When have they had a remarkable episode, or a strong storyline through a season? Just because they are smart doesn't mean it's an intelligent show, it's not as clever as people think, perhaps theoretically, heh. One would expect mind blowing writing from supposedly geniuses, they play it safe. Oh and they are 30 something years old, Parsons is 40. I think they have no range. I have not seen them to prove they have substance, it's just a lot of nonsense, nothing to get you attached. Kinda disappointed with TV viewers. It's fine, people have the right to enjoy it, maybe even relate at times, just don't get delusional with it, I refuse to consider it a great program, certainly not the best currently on air or back when it started, surely not. And let's see if it gets worse as it continues, getting anywhere. Who knows on what is it going to end? Not expecting anything special though.
  • Smartest and funniest sitcom i've ever seen!!

This show with no doubt, is the brightest idea i have seen on tv. The original idea seem to be so simple, a girl moves on close to some geeky guys, but the development of it, the imagination of the writers and the awesome characterization of the actors makes it a very enjoyable tv show.
  • Was better before they added cast members

This show is written by Chuck Loree, so like Two and a Half Men, it deals with nerds being the butt of jokes and the non-nerds being rewarded and looked up to basically. But the writting on this show is better than Two and a Half Men. It is more witty and clever, which is nice. The only thing I am noticing though is when they started adding cast members, it is not the dynamic of the show changed. Still a good show though!
  • Probably best Comedy on TV!

At the moment, it would have to be the best comedy on TV! It has a clever plot and great characters,
  • Best Show

This show is the best show in the world!!!!!
  • I SO Love TBBT!

Love the new Eps as well as Reruns. Just watched S5 "The Launch Acceleration" and was reminded how it has one of, if not "the", best comic lines I've ever heard. It's when Howard meets with Bernie's dad and expresses his concerns about dying on the mission, and the Dad responds "It'll be OK son....... A pretty girl like Bernadette, she'll find a new guy" Hah! PURE GOLD! Makes me chuckle anytime I think it.
  • penny doesn't deserve leonard

all through the six seasons of the show i have really tried to like penny (the character) is so obnoxious and so irritating. she is an awful person. she doesn't pay for food nor for WiFi. she just uses people with her good looks and of-course with sex! no good girl does that. its funny up till a point but now its much more irritating! she doent deserve leonard at all. leonard is way beyond her league.

also about should stop praising penny so isn't that beautiful after all!

i would like the crew to work on these characters a lil bit more!
  • I love Sheldon Jokes

TBBT is the only show that combines humor with science. The jokes are the best if you get em. Here's an amazing compilation of some of the best moments in tbbt (tvjokes .com )
  • Big Bang

This show does show how ridiculous it is to believe in the "Big Bang Theory". Hurray for that!

Your show would be even funnier if you got rid of the sexual innuendo. Enough already!
  • Best show on TV!

Easily the best show on TV, way better than HIMYM- I watch it over and over, it still makes me laugh every time!
  • East Texas

Has one of the writers lived in east Texas? I was surprised and thought it was hilarious when it was referred to on the show.
  • Sheldon!!

It is so so fun!!! However I think it has lost it's edge.. It is not as good as it used to be two seasons ago. Nevertheless, still very funnny. And no offense to the other characters, that are all extremelly funny and well-played by their respective actors, Sheldon is the one that stands out!!! He is awesome, one of the best characters in a comedy!! ("Sheldon can I ask you something? I would not prefer it, but I would not go as far as to forbid it"!!!!) (My score represents the previous seasons)
  • My Favorite Show

I personally love this show. i think that it is hilarious, every week i look forward to watching a new episode. It is my most favorite show
  • Fun, Comical, and Well Written, though It Seems To Have Overstayed Its Welcome For Some....

The Big Bang Theory is an amusing comedy about a bunch of nerds. Being a nerd myself, I can relate to the characters at times and enjoy some of the nerdy humor the show presents, which admittedly may go over some people's heads occasionally. It has quite a few nerd culture references too, which entertains people like me even more. Some of the jokes are repeated, and it may get a little old to some, plus the focus on relationships in the show may be a turn-off for some, but the well-written humor with a great premise still manages to make me laugh.
  • you had your time

bored to death with thisnow
  • Sorry, not my cup of tea

Have seen this advertised and it looks about as funny as a burning orphanage.
  • same old

every week they do the same thing Sheldon insults everyone Amy acts like a lesbian and penny is still a idiot and Raj is all alone
  • TOO WHITE AND NERDY

"Hahahaha I didnt know this show was funny, oh wait, now its not" *channel changed
  • Another Theory

Is it an over site or did you leave out Levar Burton in guest appearances or cameo? Also are there any plans to have an african american play a reoccurring role on this sitcom? I would really like to see this happen. Perhaps a love interest for Kooth!
  • just a friend

I like you guys. You are diferent, funny
  • BBT the KING!!

i really love this show

great comedy

amazingly sarcastic

n d best part is sheldon

" u r sitting in my spot !!!!!" epic xd!!!
  • immature

i used to watch this show when it first came out and i was 13. i found it funny at the time but as the years went by i came to realize how silly it is. this is mass appeal comedy for stupid people who cant recognize the appropriate time to laugh without a laughtrack. there is so much beter comedy out there than this show, yet its one of the most popular shows on tv. only exception is the guy's who plays sheldon performance. the rest is just terrible television.
  • Bazinga

This is seriously frustrating. I want to contact the producers to tell them that the Ruffles commercial is using Sheldon's 'gotcha remark' minus the 'A'. The word they are using is BAZING. That's too close to Sheldon's BAZINGA. Can you fix it? I hope. Big Bang is the best.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13