The Big Bang Theory

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 In Season

neomichel

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews (571)

• Sheldon is the worst thing about the show

0.0
    I sort of liked this show at the start, but then Sheldon started becoming more and more annoying

He is either really autistic ("aspie") or just a flat-out a-hole. He is arrogant, condescending, self-centered, demeaning, and completely anti-social. He does not understand metaphors, sarcasm, or social cues. He takes everything literally and constantly says utterly stupid things. These are all symptoms of Autism (specifically Asperger's syndrome), and if he had that, then it would make sense and could be tolerated (like Max on "Parenthood"). However, they don't say that he is like that (they just call him "eccentric"), so coming from a supposedly normal and functional person, his behavior just makes him a raging jerk. Further evidence of his likely Autism is that he seems to be an "idiot savant"; good at physics and a few scientific things, but bad at everything else. I really don't know why they refuse to acknowledge what he really is.

I ignored it at the start of the show, but it become more intense. There have been a couple of episodes where they actually addressed his behavior and the other characters complained, but they always just end up ignoring it and let him go back to being a prick.

This show could be fun if they got rid of Sheldon, but that seems unlikely because some people seem to actually like him for who knows what reason.

• Over-rated

0.5
    Trash.
  • WHY IS SHELDON CHANGING?

THIS SHOW USED TO BE FUNNY BUT NOW IT IS SIMPLY GARBAGE. THE CHARACTERS AREN'T FUNNY ANYMORE, ESPECIALLY EVER SINCE THEY ALL GOT GIRLFRIENDS. AMY AND BERNADETTE ARE SIMPLY ANNOYING ESPECIALLY AMY. ANOTHER THING IS THAT SHELDON KEEPS CHANGING, WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SMART, INDEPENDENT SMART QUIRKY SCIENTIST. NOW THIS SHOW IS SIMPLY GARBAGE. THE FIRST SEASONS WERE HILARIOUS, BUT AS THE SEASONS CONTINUE IT HAS BEEN FALLING FROM QUALITY. I TRY TO WATCH THE NEW EPISODES BUT IT ISN'T THE WAY IT USED TO BE. PLEASE BRING THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS BACK AND MAKE THE SHOW FUNNY AGAIN.

PS: BRING BACK TWO AND A HALF MEN, THE BEST SHOW IN TV HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This show went down hill after season 5

I used to really love this show. I have seasons 1-5 on Bluray. And can rewatch them all the time. But once Amy & Bernadette came on the show full time it really sucks. People say the show and characters need to develop. I say NO! Everyone on friends show stayed the same with the exception of Monica & chandler. And on Seinfeld no one changed! & that is the best! The show isn't about the geekiness anymore it's only about the relationships! When was the last time they went to a movie, or went to work & the cafeteria? The only woman that Raj should talk to is Penny cause he is now comfortable around her. They should have Howard & Sheldon break up with their Wife & GF. Or have Amy & Bernadette killed in a comic con stamped.
  • How is TBBT going to continue for another two years?

For years, The Big Bang Theory was my favorite TV comedy. However, this season was so bad that it isn't even on my DVR any longer. I just don't care about the characters anymore, and the show is not funny. Sheldon's personality change is unrealistic. I have no idea what Leonard sees in Penny now. She has become a cynical, sarcastic alcoholic with no redeeming qualities. Bernadette, the once-sweet girl is now a domineering shrew. Who knows what has happened to the Raj character. The relationships between the guys have been supplanted by the pairing of couples, and if someone just began watching the series now would have no idea what these guys do for a living. They all just sit in each other's living room, the guys eating take-out and the girls drinking in Penny's apartment. It's so disappointing to see a once-great comedy lose its way. The next two years will be painful. I probably won't be watching, because I just don't care anymore
  • Please change theme song

This show needs to realize when they have worn out a theme song.

I mute my TV every time the show starts with that same theme song we had had to hear since show started.

It is so over used it's annoying. I used to like the song. Then after thousands of times, it got old. Real old.

It's over used and worn out. Enough already!!!!

Also, like many have been posting, the show is starting to get very boring. It's like every episode is just going through the motions. Just isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. Who is writing this crap? Sorry, but it just isn't fun to watch anymore.
  • Boring "science" drama

While I always kind of thought this show was a little corny with the laugh tracks and all, I still enjoyed watching the first season when it was about four nerdy, social awkward guys trying unsuccessfully to get laid or at least talk to a girl while juggling their respective careers in the science community.

Now the show has devolved to watching some semi-serious "drama" about four wannabe-nerds in relationships. There is very little of the science aspect involved anymore, save for a cheap joke here and there followed by an even cornier laugh track than before. While the intent was to create character development, all the writers managed to do was create boring characters and boring storylines.
  • Cheesy audience laughing

An Ex big fan

I USED to watch Big Bang Theory religiously every night but it has become so unbearable now that there has been such a cheesy audience laugh inserted that I cannot watch it.

I'm pretty sure that I have heard the exact same laugh sequences before from HAPPY DAYS.

Sorry a great comedy spoilt again from the US

James GB
  • Big Bang,Hardly!!!

my wife watches this quite often,why,I have no clue. is not the least bit funny and I am a huge Marx bros fan for many years and have a very dry sense of humor to boot!!I just do not get it,2 minutes is 1 minute too long in my book.
  • The Big Suck Theory

Now that the "gang" have been guaranteed a three year job, they seem to just mail their roles to the TV and bore the viewer to death!
  • Always finish on a high

The Big Bang Theory used to be clever, witty, informative (without them I would never have heard of Schrodinger's cat !!) and very very funny. Now it's just another stupid american tv sitcom.

The sharpness of the characters has gone and it's just plain boring.

They should take a leaf out of 'Black Adder' and 'Friends' and finish on a high point, leaving the audience wanting more.
  • The downward spiral of a once great show

I know it's bound to get tired after 8 seasons. However, if you watch the older reruns which are on constantly, then compare it to the present, there is a glaring lack of "sharpness" in the scripts. It's very apparent. Let's face it, this season the writing has been very lackluster so far.

But to be honest it started gradually in season 5, and it got more apparent for each new season that followed.

It's clear that they ran out of ideas two years ago. That's when they switched the formula to a relationship comedy and changed it from what is was in the early years. Changing the show to Friends 2.0 gives it another couple years of life because the audience seems to like that concept. As a result, they renewed the show with three seasons last year.
  • its dying

OMG. They must have changed writiers this year becuse the new episodes suck. I used to laugh out lound like 15 times a show. Tonight, zero laughs and plenty of annoyance. I swear, not one giggle or snicker. Its not funny anymore, its boring.
  • Two year renewal syndrome

the quality is down this year because everyone knows that they have a guaranteed pay check next year from the multi-year renewal so they are all kicking back and phoning it in this year.
  • Has gone downhill all the way

Penny isn't Penny she got herself a fancy new job and she isn't funny anymore. I STOPPED watching. I guess that is what happens when they give you the "BIG" bucks.

They need to bring back the Comic book store and Stewart. Penny needs her job at the cheesecake factory back and get rid of that dump/stupid drug rep crap. The show isn't funny anymore.
  • Gone downhill

This used to be so good, but for some reason everything has gone downhill. Especially the writing, they've become lazy - it's like they've run out of ideas.

You can tell that this show was meant to end ages ago, but they've pushed it out for more money. It's just not funny anymore, it's actually just plain annoying.
  • How does everyone like this show?

God, this show is so overrated, so horrible and so dumb. I feel really bad for anyone who watches this show, and find this to be funny. I strongly HATE this show, it's so stupid and I don't find this to be funny. Whenever I look at it, I just roll my eyes to show how much I really hate this series so much. The writing of this series is a disgrace and the plot is just bad. This series is so overrated and I really want this show OUT of television! Dumbest Show Ever!!!!!!!!!! I hate it and I want it gone! I mean, honestly, who in their right minds come up with a show about 4 stuck-up nerds and a girl? That's pretty much dumb. I think the one thing that TICKS ME OFF is that this show is still on reruns, and everyone still find this funny. Well you know what? IT'S NOT FUNNY! Nothing about this show is funny! "The Big Bang Theory" (for me) is particularly one of the WORST TV SHOWS EVER in tv history.
  • season 8 of the damp sqib theory

What's happened? This used to be good, now it is truly abysmal. Four episodes in now and I'm done, they can keep the rest. They have all been terrible with barely a titter. The writing and acting are so far down the toilet that there is no way they can pull it back. I assume the writers got a massive raise too, because no one seems interested in doing their job anymore, which is to entertain.

I think like friends before it, the demands of those involved have killed the show and it should be put down immediately.

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.
  • Bazinga *10 second laugh track*

Awful TV show
  • I have never understood why people like this show

Maybe the worse show I have ever scene all the actors are horrible and the characters are unlikeable. Snarly humor mixed with no emotion= no care for the characters life and that goes for every sitcom but BBT takes it to a whole new level.
  • where is the evolution?

One would think that over time these characters could mature. Sheldon might be a genius but since he has been exposed to some ordinary people why can't he grasp that he is obnoxius?
  • Not my favorite show

Not much to say about this series...
  • How is this still on?

This is the worst show ive seen in a long time. Horrible jokes, the laughtrack runs this failure even further into the ground. This show is on a good 3-4 channels every night for an hour at a time, how it is is beyond me and it drives me away from watching channels that have it.
  • When should it end?

I watch this show and barely get a smirk. I find it hard to watch it too, not what I'm looking for. Sometimes I can't stand it. It's very overrated, it has nothing on those classic comedies which were able to dominate TV over a decade for its entire run, or so. It's such a not great example of fine TV. And they still use the excessively loud laugh track, even less points because of that. Tone it down a little.

Just how much can Sheldon talk? He just babbles again and again, as redundant as can be, with people thinking he is a genius, he is indeed a brilliant guy though but not that funny. Gets annoying too. So he explains everyday situations or whatever that goes on, in a scientific way and Penny is always like "what?" They relied on that humor for 4 seasons maybe. Now the show has survived 6 seasons and it is so not a good one. Don't even care for the other characters, I don't find them interesting at all, especially the girls when they were added to the main cast. Weak. Maybe just Wolowitz, he says inadequate stuff that can be amusing.

But really there, this show has no brilliance, style or sparkle at all and it doesn't deserve to be recognized as one the greats of the comedy genre. It's so average, such as the episodes and some characters. When have they had a remarkable episode, or a strong storyline through a season? Just because they are smart doesn't mean it's an intelligent show, it's not as clever as people think, perhaps theoretically, heh. One would expect mind blowing writing from supposedly geniuses, they play it safe. Oh and they are 30 something years old, Parsons is 40. I think they have no range. I have not seen them to prove they have substance, it's just a lot of nonsense, nothing to get you attached. Kinda disappointed with TV viewers. It's fine, people have the right to enjoy it, maybe even relate at times, just don't get delusional with it, I refuse to consider it a great program, certainly not the best currently on air or back when it started, surely not. And let's see if it gets worse as it continues, getting anywhere. Who knows on what is it going to end? Not expecting anything special though.
  • Big Bang

This show does show how ridiculous it is to believe in the "Big Bang Theory". Hurray for that!

Your show would be even funnier if you got rid of the sexual innuendo. Enough already!
  • i'm sorry, but this show is kind of terrible

I hate to be that guy... Wait, no i don't. This show sucks. Watch something good like louie, archer, south park, family guy, raising hope or legit. basically anything on fox or fx.
  • Quite possibly the worst show I've ever seen.

This show is just awful. None of the jokes are remotely funny. All of the characters are complete stereotypes and nowhere close to likeable or relate-able. The audience's laugh tracks are the some of the worst, so annoying to add to such an annoying show already. None of plot-lines are original and it's not the "smart" show that it claims to be. This show is an insult to intelligence. Open your eyes, people.
  • One-Liners? Annoying laugh tracks? Loud speaking and poor acting? Oh wait, it's a Chuck Lorre show.

I don't get how people like this show. I can only imagine it's because of the subject matter. They want to find the nerd culture appealing, and everyone wants to jump on that trend train. I can't stand shows like this, that have "actors" talking almost as loud as they can without actually yelling, delivering one-liners one after another, with an annoying laugh track playing at the end of EVERY SINGLE ONE. It's a typical Chuck Lorre show. I haven't always hated Chuck Lorre's shows, but he's ruined the sit-com at this point and I'll simply have no more of it.
  • A clever title goes here!

There is no hope for America.
  • Really, America?

How does a show that makes fun of people with Asperger's become the most popular show on television? Seriously, people?
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10