The Big Bang Theory

Monday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 Returning September 22, 2014

neomichel

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews (482)

• Who DOESN'T love this show? Me

binged watched several repeats when I was home sick a few months ago, maybe 12 or 13 episodes.. So many tired old jokes from other shows over the years. the set up and jokes were visible from a mile away. The writers have 5 or 6 versions of 5 or 6 jokes and just mix them up from show to show, The lead knocking on the neighbor's door saying her name a thousand times cause he's OCD wasn't funny the first time and sure wasn't the third time it was used in the same sum total of this show is a bunch of supposed nerds with no life sitting on a couch eating take out food all the time summing up to each other how they have no life.

Never understood how people got so wrapped up in the fake phony lives of the fake phony characters on Friends 20 yrs ago and still can't figure out why everyone is so wrapped up in the fake phony lives of fake phony characters on this show like some how they are real. It is a TV show, they are fake not real people.
  • Most overrated show on network television.

It stupefies me that people find this amusing. Perhaps these fans are the same people who emerged from school--even college--with no serious interest in anything at all, and no ability to discuss anything useful, but who--should last night's football game be broached--can analyze it with such ferocity that, had they similarly attacked their careers, they would have retired with one quadrillion dollars at age twenty-three. I have yet to perceive that any of the show's characters is a genius. Oh, but they certainly are nerds--of course! Everyone whose IQ is three points above Joe Average Dullard must be a nerd, a loser, ugly, and--of course--a virgin until age fifty. Whether it's "Malcolm in the Middle" or "Saved by the Bell" or, in fact, "The Big Bang Theory," the vulgarized depiction of intelligent people as an object of scorn and mockery simply disgusts one. End of statement.
  • How does everyone like this show?

God, this show is so overrated and so dumb, that I just want to blow my head off.
  • The laughs are now slowing down

Like in the case of most Chuck Lorre series, with every progressing season the show is losing its charm. No doubt Sheldon Cooper still remains the "favorite" character of the show but season 7 was totally against him even though his acting skills remain intact. Season 7 scripts were awfully written for him. The rest were "okay" but Penny was the only "star" of season 7. Raj's character is simply being unnecessarily dragged and extended. It is time that he gets into some kind of Permanent relationship. Also Howard, Benie and Amy were "fine" and this time I must admit Leonard, even though is my least favorite character, he was surprisingly very good and may be second best to Penny. Overall season 7 although not as good as it's first 6 predecessors had it's moments and Also one bad season cannot in anyway decrease the immense popularity if the show. The show is still fabulous.
  • Very Sad Day

I am saddened that it has come to this as I have been a fan of Johhny & Kaley for years before big bang, but I have come to tell you that I will no longer be watching the program because of the whole issue of being greedy for more money. Scientists in real life do what they do for the benefit of the human race, not for the money or recognition & the characters in this show are supposed to be such big fans of Star Trek, but Star Trek & Genes vision is the complete opposite of being gold digger.

Star Trek was never about being a just a 'good tv program'. The ethos of Star Trek is about how mankind should be working towards a future without money, greed or poverty. A future where everybody is Equal & everybody has everything they need & everybody is happy. I hope those acters involved are happy with themselves when there is so much suffering elsewhere in the world especially because of being paid wages that don't allow them to cover the basics.

Any self respecting Trekkie who has real principles & is all for what Star Trek stands for & not just a sci-fi soap tv addict, would also agree to ditch viewing this program. It's a shame those involved weren't 'real' Star Trek fans to this degree, Gene would be very disappointed. ~ Fred Edwin Duncan III
  • La sit com per eccellenza.

The Big Bang Theory la sit com del momento,la pi bella che potreste trovare in giro.
  • It's not funny

4.5
    Are we really supposed to believe that Sheldon is a genius? He's not a genius, he's just a jerk. It's not funny anymore. Oh wait a sec, was it ever funny?
  • Bazinga *10 second laugh track*

Awful TV show
  • Shows progressing perfectly.

I love this show. Have watched it from season one and have always enjoyed it. I strongly disagree with the negative comments about bringing on Amy and Bernadette. I hate it when writers in a lot of shows never let characters relationships last more then a couple of months. It's a little more realistic when shows progress as they would in real life. I did like Amy better though the way she was in the beginning. When she was first introduced to the show she was just a female version of Sheldon and thought just like he did about sex and relationships. Now they are making her character more like the others. I would also like to see them soften Sheldon up a little. I love his character's personality and geekieness, but does he have to be so rude to make it work. Also I hope Raj and his girlfriend stay together.
  • One of things that makes TBBT confuse people.

I am glad that Leonard and Penny are engaged. But I have this question to writers

Why did Penny dump Leonard, when he said he loves her instead of not dumping him, when he proposed her in bed during sex?

I think she could have dumped him, when he proposed her in bed during sex because people would understand that he got really serious and she was suprised and not ready for it. That is good reason, people can understand. But when he told her that he loves her , she dumped him. ( In S4E8 Penny said she dumped Leonard because he got really serious and she wasn't ready for it) That's doesn't mean he got real serious. Even friends tell eachother that they love eachother

I think the show needs better writers

• Who DOESN'T love this show

Again I rarely get to watch tv so I've missed a few episodes . . . on a rare day I'll download several and just back and watch them. I don't know what it is about it, a good combination of characters, well delivered lines or what . . . but this is funny and great when you just need to destress. I'm old enough to remember watching The Honeymooners when I was a kid, Jackie Gleason, the same kind of humor that wasn't meant to educate or enlighten, just 30 minutes of sitting back having a good chuckle. I'm a big fan of the Big Bang Theory.
  • I have never understood why people like this show

Maybe the worse show I have ever scene all the actors are horrible and the characters are unlikeable. Snarly humor mixed with no emotion= no care for the characters life and that goes for every sitcom but BBT takes it to a whole new level.
  • NOT GEEKY ANYMORE. SHELDON'S SHELDON but why Amy and Bernadette?

I think all will agree, season 1 and all other seasons without Amy and Bernadette were better. I think by adding new girls and new characters, the geekiness and the fun quotient of the show is lost. Give me the TOUCH ME NOT sheldon back!!
  • Lost Its Geekness

4.5
    What happened to The Big Bang Theory is that it lost the geekness. They had to match up all the guys including Raj. It started with Kaley Cucco as the cute next door neighboor Penny but over the years they include Bernadette and Amy. It became another Friends or How I Met Your Mother. This season we have a girlfriend for Raj and semi regular Stuart whose comic shop burns down becomes Mrs Wolowitz God sakes please don't be disgusting and they become lovers.
  • Top Shows - Geeks & Nerds rule!

Most ep, need to see recent ep more (11-14)
  • Not funny anymore, what happen?

4.5
    I used to love watching The Big Bang Theory from it just start, now not so much, because the jokes was sometime predictable and stories is not fun at all. I am watching it now without any 'LOL'. I can't believe the show will go on other few years.
  • A sad ending

What another BRILLIANT series!!!!!! I'm pleased "Shelly" is slowly developing with Amy & Leonard & Penny are engaged, though I don't think it'll be like Howard & Bernie's marriage!! I wasn't happy the way the two got engaged, but some how it's worked out for them!!

Can't wait to see where Shelly ended up & what he went through, without all of his friends & whether he'll be changed by this in the next series
  • Fashion of BBT

The Big Bang Theory Fashion has been updated.

xoxo

7-episode-24
  • Can't get enough!!

I love the show!! I love all the characters and where they are and was so happy with this season!! I can't wait for the next one!!
  • The Program Needs Rebooting

With the exception of Professor Proton (who is now "dead"), one hilarious scavenger hunt, Christmas, and a frenzied quest to acquire Comic Con tickets, this season was very disappointing. The season finale was a good representation of that.

Here's what I feel are the show's biggest problems/challenges:

1) The main romantic relationships are really lacking in chemistry. I mean, it's sad that Howard and Bernadette's is the best, and theirs is vanilla at best. They're cute; they're comfortable; that's about it. But the "Shamy" thing continues to both baffle and nauseate me. That "kiss" on the train made my skin crawl, it looked so forced. Worse, Amy's desperation is getting old, and I don't feel Sheldon is physically attracted to her at all. But, even worse than the Shamy is the writers' insistence on keeping Leonard and Penny together. They are easily the most boring couple on television. Leonard deserves to be with somebody who's truly crazy about him (like Sheldon's assistant). And I'd like to see Penny end up with somebody she'd marry tomorrow, not someone she'd get around to marrying in 12 - 18 months. And don't even get me started with Raj ... yawn. Frankly, I spent the entire season craving more Penny/Sheldon screen time, because even though they're just friends, they're still the couple with the best (and most believable) chemistry on the show.

2) I wish the writers would make up their minds about Raj's sexuality. Is he gay or not? MAKE A DECISION, PLEASE! The most credible relationship he's been in all year was with his dog.

3) There were far too many fat jokes about Wolowitz's mom this year. They used to be funny, but now there are WAY too many of them and they're no longer funny; they're just offensive.

4) I love Stuart's character, but the writers don't really seem to know what they're doing with him. Now his store has burned down and he's a home health aide for Howard's mom? Huh? And why don't we get more Barry Kripke? This actor is not a one-trick pony with funny speech. He's a truly entertaining (and mighty attractive!) actor who deserves more screen time.

5) Equally baffling is the notion that Sheldon would suddenly disappear by himself on some kind of railway odyssey. What's going to happen? He's going to come back after three months of soul-searching, have some kind of epiphany and decide he wants to finally sleep with Amy? My stomach turns just thinking about it. Now, I COULD see him finally realizing that he desperately needs Penny in his life (even if it's only as a sister figure) and is worried about losing her when Leonard marries her. But beyond that, I shudder to think where Sheldon's journey might take him, figuratively speaking.

Some ideas on some fixes:

-- Amy starts dating someone else while Sheldon is gone -- like Stuart. Heck, I wouldn't even mind seeing her with Raj... just as long as she finally loses her virginity to anyone other than Sheldon.

-- We get more "geek" episodes and fewer "relationship" episodes. Maybe they could re-purchase the Time Machine, and take a trip back in time to episodes that were all about killer robots and ... well ...

time machines?

-- Leonard and Penny have their millionth fight and, during the break-up, Leonard starts dating Sheldon's assistant, and finds his true soul mate.

-- With the help of his ghostly mentor, Professor "Obi Wan" Proton, Sheldon flashes back to "Streetcar Named Desire" where Penny's "Blanche" speech about suddenly discovering love really wowed him... and realizes that just happened to him and he can't live live without her.

I'm sure none of this will happen, LOL!

But, to sum up, I don't know if this show has "jumped the shark" ... maybe it has. But I think, with some retooling and rebooting, there's still hope!

• This show appears to be jumping the shark

I can sympathize with Sheldon, there are far too may changes. Can the show stand to change the formula that brought it so much attention and laughter. Things were inevitable and had to happen at some time but it just seems so odd to have it change like it were coming to an end. The other episodes are still funny and worth rewatching but with what has happened now, I feel that the end is coming prematurely. I thought Howard getting married would do something wrong but it seemed to work out but this latest revelation is a major change and the innocent ways are being pushed aside. Plus Kaley is now married for real and wants to start a family. What are the writers going to do with her being pregnant?
  • The Big Bang theory used to be good

The show used to be good, but now it's a terrible show, the jokes are terrible and the geek/science stuff does not exist anymore.
  • going down

2.5
    its inevitable going down the drain once epic show is not at all funny anymore ... this will be my last season watching.... biggest mistake was amy and bernadette.... also raj shouldn't have been able to speak to women...

• Hmmmm.....

It started out great but after a few seasons it stopped being great. I mean like when sheldon fell in love with amy and stuff it was cute but then it became lenoard and penny, howard and bernadette so it wasn't like the before seasons when sheldon hated the mere idea of having a girlfriend and howard was trying to hook up witha girl and lenoard was still trying to get penny so this is my opinion on it.
  • going downhill

on the same page with malpeli. Great show idea but going down the drain since became mainstream with no fresh ideas. Worst thing is the constant betrayal of all actors to the whole initial concept. They have gone from the nerd=cool to the nerd=just and inmature/abnormal fase. Last keeper of the concept was Sheldon and the intimacy with Amy is inminent. Its just funny how all of them keep insisting that they have no relation with the whole nerd universe, or ilustrating how the have never watched a Star Trek universe, well guys, if you get casted for a role the least you could do is take a little interest in the life you are going to play, theres no point 7 years later keep saying that you still have no idea of the "science gibberish", thats blatant ignorance.
  • Becoming bored

It's funny but, it's not the best show on TV. I honestly get the nerd thing and the entire point of the show but, I can't see this show lasting many seasons.
  • Best show ever relating to nerdtopia.

This is what the American version of Red Dwarf should have been. Nuff said.
  • BEST COMEDY EVER!!!!!!

Like always people over analyze every little thing, of course the characters have grown people do that in reality so it makes sense that they grow in the show!

I love Sheldon and Amy's relationship and cannot wait until they finally become intimate, all the women, Penny, Bernie & Amy have brought sooo much to the show.

For those who are quick to put sh*t on the best comedy ever perhaps it's YOU haven't grown & changed and not getting enough sex! lol

BIG BANG BEST COMEDY EVER and continues to be exactly that! Jim Parsons best actor ever, I adore Sheldon :) he is incredibly talented and hysterically funny lol. Howard has changed because he's married to a kooky woman, Penny has changed for the better. Lighten up everyone, it's meant to make you laugh !
  • Review for the best show eve!

Do you agree?
  • I have watched every show more than once...

The first several seasons I L O V E D it!!! However It is starting to show its age. Not as fresh anymore. They use to actually do more"sciencey" things/experiments and Sheldons voice has changed. Jim Parsons looks like he's acting his part now. Some characters have grown too much and others not at all. Plus - where are the Moms and Dads of the characters. Sheldon and Leonards' moms were great!!. They need to stop the show before it starts to grate on people or amp up the writing.