The Big Bang Theory

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 In Season

neomichel

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews (511)

• its dying

OMG. They must have changed writiers this year becuse the new episodes suck. I used to laugh out lound like 15 times a show. Tonight, zero laughs and plenty of annoyance. I swear, not one giggle or snicker. Its not funny anymore, its boring.
  • htdhsdtxh

teherthrthethhnesr
  • TBBT goes as Penny goes.

If Chuck Lorre doesn't bring Penny back the show will tank. There is no single character or group of characters that can carry this show without the old Penny. When mentioning the old Penny I mean the one with long hair. Penny with a pixie will never be accepted. It is probably the single worst decision the producers could have made. For 7 seasons Penny has been the sexy, desirable, flirtatious, scantily clad, over the top libido, anything goes, not afraid to use her sexuality to get what she wants, major tease.

In season 8 Penny has been reduced to a whinny, alcoholic, frumpy dressed, boring, bitchy, argumentative, irrelevant character, best used as a scene prop. That is not the worst part of season 8 Penny, the killer is allowing Kaley to wear the pixie cut while playing Penny. The original Penny was created with long sexy blonde hair to match her attitude and personality. The producers should have insisted that she wear extensions any time she is playing Penny.

The pixie makes her look at least 10 years older and 20 pounds heavier. Overall she looks bloated and tired. No amount of wardrobe changes or layers of make-up will offset that horrible hair cut.

From a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory to a drug rep? That is as bad of a reach as taking the season 1-7 Penny and changing her to the drab season 8 Penny. I realize this is a sitcom but the writers will never sell those two changes to the fans.

Someone will have to step in and spice up the writing. Something like Penny and/or Bernadette having an affair or Leonard having an affair with Sheldon's assistant. Penny becomes attracted to one of her male clients who happens to be black. While waiting for Sheldon to come around Amy experiments with lesbianism. Give it a shot, it can't turn out any worse than the writing to date.
  • it's going down

I love every episode of seasons 1-7 ,they're amazing. So naturally ,I was really excited about the new the season 8 premire let me was disappointed but i tought it was a one time mistake(given the most of all the first 7 seasons!!!!),but as the series continues it's getting even like a bad copy of the show. if the show will continue this way ,can't imagine how season 9 and 10 are gonna be don't buy the ''three years contract-still getting paid next years so now we don't have to work as hard as before''because after the fourth season the show was also renewed for an additional three years and all three of them were great. The crew are supposed to be aware of this,can't imagine Chuck Lorre actually enjoying this still hope for a change.

i want my show back!!!
  • Two year renewal syndrome

the quality is down this year because everyone knows that they have a guaranteed pay check next year from the multi-year renewal so they are all kicking back and phoning it in this year.
  • Penny looks like an old lady now

Her short pixie hair cut really took away one of the main reasons many male viewers were attracted to the series. For decades studies have shown that men like long hair. She looks like a guy sometimes. She use to be so pleasant to gaze upon. But now? Yeck! That short grey hair is just horrible. She's a totally different & unappealing character now. The short grey hair just doesn't work. I have stopped watching (also because its not as funny anymore) and I'll stick to the re-runs. Sorry to if I upset the pixie hair girls out there.
  • The downward spiral of a once great show

I know it's bound to get tired after 8 seasons. However, if you watch the older reruns which are on constantly, then compare it to the present, there is a glaring lack of "sharpness" in the scripts. It's very apparent. Let's face it, this season the writing has been very lackluster so far.

• Has gone downhill all the way

Penny isn't Penny she got herself a fancy new job and she isn't funny anymore. I STOPPED watching. I guess that is what happens when they give you the "BIG" bucks.

They need to bring back the Comic book store and Stewart. Penny needs her job at the cheesecake factory back and get rid of that dump/stupid drug rep crap. The show isn't funny anymore.
  • Gone downhill

2.5
    This used to be so good, but for some reason everything has gone downhill. Especially the writing, they've become lazy - it's like they've run out of ideas.

You can tell that this show was meant to end ages ago, but they've pushed it out for more money. It's just not funny anymore, it's actually just plain annoying.
  • How does everyone like this show?

God, this show is so overrated, so horrible and so dumb. I feel really bad for anyone who watches this show, and find this to be funny. I strongly HATE this show, it's so stupid and I don't find this to be funny. Whenever I look at it, I just roll my eyes to show how much I really hate this series so much. The writing of this series is a disgrace and the plot is just bad. This series is so overrated and I really want this show OUT of television! Dumbest Show Ever!!!!!!!!!! I hate it and I want it gone! I mean, honestly, who in their right minds come up with a show about 4 stuck-up nerds and a girl? That's pretty much dumb. I think the one thing that TICKS ME OFF is that this show is still on reruns, and everyone still find this funny. Well you know what? IT'S NOT FUNNY! Nothing about this show is funny! "The Big Bang Theory" (for me) is particularly one of the WORST TV SHOWS EVER in tv history.
  • Great 8 Season

The evolution of the caracters are amazing.
  • Sloppy with success?

I have no problem with Penny's hair. Shows a new and fascinating side of her.

That said, the writing, scenes and makeup look sloppy.
  • grrrr

gosh, i hate these breaks. nearly a month paused. this sucks REALLY hard.
  • 500th review!!

really good show
  • Still a good show

I still love this show after so many seasons! I do wonder how much longer it can maintain? As for Penny's LOVE it and think it looks great on her!!
  • Change things up a bit?

I'll get right to it.

Raj is an embarrassment to the Indian community. I'm Indian and we do not talk and behave as ridiculously as Raj. We don't quote from our 'Indian Culture' to make a point. He is a wasted resource. The show could well do without him.

Penny's hair - what is up with that? Not a fan

Lenard and Penny - not hot any more.

Still love Sheldon, Amy, Howard and Bernadette
  • Penny's Hair and New Job

Hate her new hair! Her new job does not suit her for her tv character at all. Drug reps always have to have a 4 year college degree. The way she got the job is just totally stupid and unbelievable. It seams you are trying to get her to fit in better with the other cast members when she already did. I do not like anything about the new Penny. Bring the old Penny back please.
  • Penny's Hair

Hate, hate, hate her short hair! She looks heavier, much less attractive! It does not suit her tv character at all now! Yuck! Grow it back! I love the show and all the characters but that put a big damper on it.
  • Just spin-off "Sheldon" so I can have my show back

4.5
    I like/love the show, but I loathe Sheldon. And when the entire episode is all, or almost all, about Sheldon, it makes it hard or even painful to watch. His... "quirkiness" (I'm being nice) was funny at first, but it's since long over-stayed it's welcome. Every other character on this show has evolved except Sheldon. And the worst part is the others continue to enable his behavior that, in the real world would be unacceptable. As for "then why don't you just watch something else"? No, I don't want to watch something else. I want to watch the show I came to love over the first few seasons...
  • -----------------------------):o

decline they've to try harder
  • We want Zack back!

I would love it if "Zack" (Brian SmIth) would come back more often. His 'dimness' is a great counterpoint to all the 'intelligence' shown by the characters. Even Penny is getting smarter in her own way. There needs to be someone for the gang to play off. 'Zack's' averageness can be so appreciated and he is so not threatening. I really loved the scene where the guys showed him the laser reflect off the moon. And the scene where he went as a Superhero to the Halloween party, and when Sheldon wanted to cultivate a new circle of friends. Please, please, please, to whomever is in charge of characters, make Zack a recurring role much more often.
  • Pennys new clothes

Love the hair hate the outfits you are putting on her she is dressing like an old lady! Spice her back up love the show watching since it first aired and fought for it to stay on!!

Gina

New Jersey
  • Great show

Nice Job! This is an absolutely original show. No murders,no medical cases,no supervillians. Just the every day lives of pretty girls and nerds. The humor doesn't always work but I can let this slide because of the interesting characters and plots. Keep up the good work!

Update 10/12

If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to watch it. There is an off button and a channel switch button. If you don't find it funny, you can turn it off or watch something else. I watch it because i find it funny and entertaining.

If you just like seasons 1-3, you can just buy the dvds and watch those instead.

• Auch!

Obviously they have no jokes or energy to keep the 8th season going. Each episode ends in the middle of a lukewarm setup for some kind of plot that doesn't happen. At the end of each episode everyone in the room asks, "that's it?"

Any other show of such "quality" would be killed in the middle of season.
  • Almost in Tears

I don't know what you mean by haters, but I have stood by this show for years, having watched each episode at least three times over the course of a year. I have really loved this show, and I have (of course) really liked the character of Sheldon.

I hate the new season. I hate it. With every atom in my body, I hate the new season. The first episode was OK, the second bearable, the third God-awful, and the fourth and most current was just ridiculous. I will NOT turn off the television, even though I hate it. I will NOT. I love the show, and it's going to take a lot more than a few bad episodes to make me stop watching it.

However, all I can think about right now is the fact that the best episodes are probably behind us. Sheldon is no longer smart, clever, and annoying. He just spits out a bunch of bad jokes. The facts that he used to give were interesting and actually relevant to the situation. Now they're just annoying. Leonard is no longer timid, and that's what made him funny. He's no longer annoyed of Sheldon, and that takes off another basis of the show's humor. just Raj. Penny hasn't changed. Bernadette is annoying, and the only role she plays is the wife of Howard. Howard is Howard. Then we have Amy. AMY is just plain annoying! Yes, she wants at Sheldon's parts, and yes, she loves Penny very much, but she is no longer pictured as the intelligent person I first saw her as. No more neurobiology talk, and no more addiction studies.

This review and rating is based on the average of the current season and the show as a whole.
  • Still love the show

I dont' like Penny's hair it looked ok on the front of women's health but in the show she looks old and fat, grow it out
  • season 8 of the damp sqib theory

What's happened? This used to be good, now it is truly abysmal. Four episodes in now and I'm done, they can keep the rest. They have all been terrible with barely a titter. The writing and acting are so far down the toilet that there is no way they can pull it back. I assume the writers got a massive raise too, because no one seems interested in doing their job anymore, which is to entertain.

I think like friends before it, the demands of those involved have killed the show and it should be put down immediately.

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.
  • To the writers of Season 8!

To the writers of season 8! It is not even comparable to previous seasons! It's terrible! Penny is not stupid enough, Leonard is not whinny enough, Sheldon is not though and mean enough, Raj is just not good enough like he is forced to play!! Howard and Amy are amazing as before, Bernadette is also fine.

The stories are not as good as before, when an episode is finished, you just get shocked! It's like that something is missing!

Whatever has changed in this season, has made it a terrible tv show unfortunately! I do hope you can fix it!
  • My Favorite Show Ever

this serie is very very good. awesome jokes and geek stuff like star trek/wars my fav character is howard 10 is my pontuation.
  • About this series

It had wonderful acting for Jim Parsons in Seasons 3-4.