The Big Bang Theory

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 In Season

neomichel

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews (521)

• all Ideal

love your shows. you should have a moment of silence in memory of Leonard Nimoy .

Your friend ?

Shawn Messer

• SHELDON!!

Can't stop watching, and sheldon is awesome (favorite character)!
  • Big Bang,Hardly!!!

my wife watches this quite often,why,I have no clue. is not the least bit funny and I am a huge Marx bros fan for many years and have a very dry sense of humor to boot!!I just do not get it,2 minutes is 1 minute too long in my book.
  • Tiresome

Have watched this show since the beginning. Sheldon is getting very tiring, the antics border on nastiness, he is no longer very funny for this reason. The most recent epside is really not funny. The latest episodes are similiar. I used to laugh every episode. Now they disgusts me. Did you change writers? I won't be watching anymore.
  • Awwww COME ON!

When for the love of God is Sheldon ever gonna get some? You've been dancing around this topic for waaay too many years and this type of relationship just isn't realistic. Amy's so sexualy asgressive and I just don't see a woman sticking around that long without sex.

It's getting very TIRESOME. He's a grown man. He's got to have some kind of sex drive even with himself . Hopefully this will happen more sooner than later and being asexual for so long, you almost don't care if they do or don't

Kissing on a train and some lame other kissing episode. Two. Is this riveting TV? come on!

I picture Sheldon finally doing the deed and turning into a "coitus" maniac. Now THAT would be funny

Now Raj is getting pretty tiresome as well. Will you give the guy a break? This invisible yet talked about girlfriend of his, Why isn't she joining the cast like the other girlfriends? The way he is treated on this show even from the beginning, is downright racist. Yes, I used the "R" word though it shames me to do so, but if the shoe fits.....

IDK. Is the thrill gone? or are the writers getting as sick of these characters as I am?

I see no character development at all. Just the same old story lines just being reworked to look like new storylines

Sorry guys. No belly laugh for me either this season...
  • CHARACTER'S OUT

4.5
    Please get SHELDON character a new G/F Write [ Amy Farrah Fowler ] character out of the show never was funny & still is not funny... Extra 6 Seasons If You Do....

You writers need to write out a couple character why do you keep on adding What is up with the cute Penny going 40ish looking!!! The has to be the silliest hair cut I have ever seen on cute loose bimbo blonde char. 2 More seasons tops if they keep it up

• My heart is broken

I must have watched the old episodes dozens of times each. I have all the DVDs, and on my days off I would just have them on in the background all day, because I loved them so much and they made me feel better.

But these new episodes? I won't watch them again. While character progression is good and preferable, none of the characters are the same people anymore, and the writing is awful. I used to laugh non-stop while watching this show, and now I actually cringe. I don't understand how they screwed it up so badly.
  • How did they screw it up so badly so quickly?

They started out with a simple premise, and it worked. A group of nerdy physicists each with their own social issues and a beautiful girl next door who is in their world but never quite fits. You have Sheldon and his absurdities and inability to understand basic human behavior, Raj with his selective mutism, Howard who despite being nearly 30 still lived with his mother, Leonard who says things like "our babies will be smart and beautiful", and Penny, the show's, for lack of a better word, ditz, but she was a ditz that we liked as one of the shows main protagonists.

The show's levity has largely been carried by Sheldon since the beginning. His idiosyncratic behavior was unique. Several years ago we were introduced to Amy, who was a girl who was his friend, but not his girlfriend. Now they are going on dates, kissing, and who knows what else. Sheldon's preposterous behavior was a large part of what made the show, but it's as if his fairy god mother turned him into a real boy; a real boy who is no longer entertaining. I don't even want to bother with how everything we once liked about Raj and Howard just disappeared like it never existed. At first he couldn't even speak to women, and now he's got a hot girlfriend. Everything that made these character has been written away. Howard has no more ridiculous behavior and is out from his mother's roof. Raj, who used to be incapable of speaking to women, now has steady girlfriends. They've become completely boring one dimensional character.

The main thing we liked about Leonard was his unending quest to make Penny his. Sure they were on and off many times, but that's what makes for stories. Now that they are engaged there's no real drama between them, hence there's not much of interest to watch. That brings us to Penny. She went from the hot ditz across the hall who the guys would pine after to a completely different character, and a borig one to boot. Her long hair was a part of how we viewed her, and cutting it at the same time as she also gets a successful job and gets engaged to Leonard just changed her so much they might as well have written her out. And all of this happened within just about the span of one episode (S08E01).

Everything else we once liked about the show is pretty much gone too. All the episodes are more focused on their relationships (so original for a TV show) instead of the humorous social ineptitudes, the science and fantasy fiction their lives once revolved around, and the rivalries amongst the characters that were once so entertaining. With seven great seasons behind them, it does make you wonder how they could do so well, and then mess it all up so much. I don't know a term that would mean intensely jumped the shark, but it's happened. Maybe the phrase "cut the hair" will catch on for a when a TV show stops all of it's good momentum to make a complete 180.

I hate to say that this happened because they got a three season guarantee. That doesn't seem like something Lorre would let happen. He has a history of high quality shows, but everything in Season 8 so far shows that the show is now just coasting. Let's hope the writers find some clever ways to bring it back to the way it worked, or they may not be able to afford keeping it on their air for three more years. I used to look forward to the shows airing, and now I can take them or leave them. Well, I guess we need to find something else for Thursday nights.
  • Time to let it go

I actually joined just to write this. This season is so bad I don't know if they are even able to make the next one better. It used to be funny - science , technology, misunderstandings between Penny and the guys, geek culture etc. Right now we have all characters talking about their feelings all the time - Amy complaining, Sheldon crying, Penny and Leonard being a regular couple, Bernadette and Howard arguing. Raj used to be a half-gay character, now he sleeps with his dog, I'm really afraid of what they are going to do to him next.

The only episode I liked this season was the one with Billy Bob Thornton. Right now I'd rather watch an old Star Trek Voyager episode (for the 10th time ... ) instead of a new episode of this show. It's more fun...
  • big bang

Laugh track is insulting.. get rid of laugh track and you will see show is not funny. .in fact they are all insulting each other like douche bags. Penny is the girl every guy can't stand... a user etc...
  • season 8 is so bad

I'm glad I finally found a place where people seem to share my opinion about season 8. So far I only saw positive comments about this season and that was driving me crazy. I don't feel alone anymore :-)

Yes this season sucks, it does not come even close in term of quality to the previous seasons. I'm a big fan of the show so my disappointment is important. The characters personality seem to fade show after show. Sheldon is becoming the shadow of sheldon instead of the shiny obsequious, awkward c3po that I loved.

Basically, the characters become normal, responsible, serious peoples and I hate it. I don't know who or what is responsible for that trend. Is that the writers (have they changed) or the actors who get overpaid and request roles more suitable to their new status ? What I know is that, if they don't improve rapidly they gonna loose most of their fans. I still watch the show, hoping for a miraculous resurrection, but at some point, I'm gonna become bored and drop it.
  • its dying

OMG. They must have changed writiers this year becuse the new episodes suck. I used to laugh out lound like 15 times a show. Tonight, zero laughs and plenty of annoyance. I swear, not one giggle or snicker. Its not funny anymore, its boring.
  • TBBT goes as Penny goes.

If Chuck Lorre doesn't bring Penny back the show will tank. There is no single character or group of characters that can carry this show without the old Penny. When mentioning the old Penny I mean the one with long hair. Penny with a pixie will never be accepted. It is probably the single worst decision the producers could have made. For 7 seasons Penny has been the sexy, desirable, flirtatious, scantily clad, over the top libido, anything goes, not afraid to use her sexuality to get what she wants, major tease.

In season 8 Penny has been reduced to a whinny, alcoholic, frumpy dressed, boring, bitchy, argumentative, irrelevant character, best used as a scene prop. That is not the worst part of season 8 Penny, the killer is allowing Kaley to wear the pixie cut while playing Penny. The original Penny was created with long sexy blonde hair to match her attitude and personality. The producers should have insisted that she wear extensions any time she is playing Penny.

The pixie makes her look at least 10 years older and 20 pounds heavier. Overall she looks bloated and tired. No amount of wardrobe changes or layers of make-up will offset that horrible hair cut.

From a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory to a drug rep? That is as bad of a reach as taking the season 1-7 Penny and changing her to the drab season 8 Penny. I realize this is a sitcom but the writers will never sell those two changes to the fans.

Someone will have to step in and spice up the writing. Something like Penny and/or Bernadette having an affair or Leonard having an affair with Sheldon's assistant. Penny becomes attracted to one of her male clients who happens to be black. While waiting for Sheldon to come around Amy experiments with lesbianism. Give it a shot, it can't turn out any worse than the writing to date.
  • it's going down

I love every episode of seasons 1-7 ,they're amazing. So naturally ,I was really excited about the new the season 8 premire let me was disappointed but i tought it was a one time mistake(given the most of all the first 7 seasons!!!!),but as the series continues it's getting even like a bad copy of the show. if the show will continue this way ,can't imagine how season 9 and 10 are gonna be don't buy the ''three years contract-still getting paid next years so now we don't have to work as hard as before''because after the fourth season the show was also renewed for an additional three years and all three of them were great. The crew are supposed to be aware of this,can't imagine Chuck Lorre actually enjoying this still hope for a change.

i want my show back!!!
  • Two year renewal syndrome

the quality is down this year because everyone knows that they have a guaranteed pay check next year from the multi-year renewal so they are all kicking back and phoning it in this year.
  • Penny looks like an old lady now

Her short pixie hair cut really took away one of the main reasons many male viewers were attracted to the series. For decades studies have shown that men like long hair. She looks like a guy sometimes. She use to be so pleasant to gaze upon. But now? Yeck! That short grey hair is just horrible. She's a totally different & unappealing character now. The short grey hair just doesn't work. I have stopped watching (also because its not as funny anymore) and I'll stick to the re-runs. Sorry to if I upset the pixie hair girls out there.
  • The downward spiral of a once great show

I know it's bound to get tired after 8 seasons. However, if you watch the older reruns which are on constantly, then compare it to the present, there is a glaring lack of "sharpness" in the scripts. It's very apparent. Let's face it, this season the writing has been very lackluster so far.

• Has gone downhill all the way

Penny isn't Penny she got herself a fancy new job and she isn't funny anymore. I STOPPED watching. I guess that is what happens when they give you the "BIG" bucks.

They need to bring back the Comic book store and Stewart. Penny needs her job at the cheesecake factory back and get rid of that dump/stupid drug rep crap. The show isn't funny anymore.
  • Gone downhill

2.5
    This used to be so good, but for some reason everything has gone downhill. Especially the writing, they've become lazy - it's like they've run out of ideas.

You can tell that this show was meant to end ages ago, but they've pushed it out for more money. It's just not funny anymore, it's actually just plain annoying.
  • How does everyone like this show?

God, this show is so overrated, so horrible and so dumb. I feel really bad for anyone who watches this show, and find this to be funny. I strongly HATE this show, it's so stupid and I don't find this to be funny. Whenever I look at it, I just roll my eyes to show how much I really hate this series so much. The writing of this series is a disgrace and the plot is just bad. This series is so overrated and I really want this show OUT of television! Dumbest Show Ever!!!!!!!!!! I hate it and I want it gone! I mean, honestly, who in their right minds come up with a show about 4 stuck-up nerds and a girl? That's pretty much dumb. I think the one thing that TICKS ME OFF is that this show is still on reruns, and everyone still find this funny. Well you know what? IT'S NOT FUNNY! Nothing about this show is funny! "The Big Bang Theory" (for me) is particularly one of the WORST TV SHOWS EVER in tv history.
  • Great 8 Season

The evolution of the caracters are amazing.
  • Sloppy with success?

I have no problem with Penny's hair. Shows a new and fascinating side of her.

That said, the writing, scenes and makeup look sloppy.
  • grrrr

gosh, i hate these breaks. nearly a month paused. this sucks REALLY hard.
  • 500th review!!

really good show
  • Still a good show

I still love this show after so many seasons! I do wonder how much longer it can maintain? As for Penny's LOVE it and think it looks great on her!!
  • Change things up a bit?

I'll get right to it.

Raj is an embarrassment to the Indian community. I'm Indian and we do not talk and behave as ridiculously as Raj. We don't quote from our 'Indian Culture' to make a point. He is a wasted resource. The show could well do without him.

Penny's hair - what is up with that? Not a fan

Lenard and Penny - not hot any more.

Still love Sheldon, Amy, Howard and Bernadette
  • Penny's Hair and New Job

Hate her new hair! Her new job does not suit her for her tv character at all. Drug reps always have to have a 4 year college degree. The way she got the job is just totally stupid and unbelievable. It seams you are trying to get her to fit in better with the other cast members when she already did. I do not like anything about the new Penny. Bring the old Penny back please.
  • Penny's Hair

Hate, hate, hate her short hair! She looks heavier, much less attractive! It does not suit her tv character at all now! Yuck! Grow it back! I love the show and all the characters but that put a big damper on it.
  • Just spin-off "Sheldon" so I can have my show back

4.5
    I like/love the show, but I loathe Sheldon. And when the entire episode is all, or almost all, about Sheldon, it makes it hard or even painful to watch. His... "quirkiness" (I'm being nice) was funny at first, but it's since long over-stayed it's welcome. Every other character on this show has evolved except Sheldon. And the worst part is the others continue to enable his behavior that, in the real world would be unacceptable. As for "then why don't you just watch something else"? No, I don't want to watch something else. I want to watch the show I came to love over the first few seasons...
  • -----------------------------):o

decline they've to try harder