The Big Bang Theory

Thursday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 In Season

karlmeszaros

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews (627)

• Question

Is Sheldon going to leave the couch? So much was made of his "spot", not important anymore?? Glad it's only going to be on for one more season. What made it so special, just isn't anymore. Still funny, but not a biggie if I miss it.
  • I still like it, but not without reservations.

5.5
    For the overall series, I would say it's about an 8. But in its current state, it's a 5.5 (maybe a little lower). Each episode now had the exact same setup. The group is split up into 3 sections, thus providing the subplots. While some of the dialogue is funny, most of it barely generates a smile on my face. Just a chuckle if I get the humor, but don't really find it funny. Penny has started to become sort of unlikable to me, Sheldon is almost too much unlike himself (although Jim Parsons still plays him very well), Raj's search for love needs to end (pair him with someone already) and even Amy doesn't seem very fun anymore. The characters have to grow as their lives change, but can the writers have some sort of fun with them? Together, perhaps?
  • PULL THE PLUG

I have been a huge fan of this show, but I have to agree with several other reviews that something has gone terribly wrong. This show is now a big yawn. Solve the salary issues with ending this series. It is sad, but 10 years is long enough. There should not be a season 11. Greed usually kills everything, that is the case here.
  • A plot point I would like to see

I would like it if one of the guys had a profound spiritual experience, like a near death experience, that caused him to question a strictly materialistic view of existence. It would spark debate and controversy throughout the whole group, including the ladies. I think this would allow for some interesting character reveals. (Like, maybe Penny's belief in astrology and psychics comes from a personal experience of her own that she has never shared with anyone and especially not the guys because of their scientific Amy's viewpoint as a neurologist would be particularly interesting. All of the debate and controversy would resolve in some open way at the end and I think it would be a truly interesting episode or two and it would provide relief from reliance upon relationship drama.
  • I have Simple Solution to make it better

In season 10 include one episode where everyone goes on vacation except of Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstader, Rajesh and Howard and they all die in a horrible road accident. This accident put them in serious shock over few months and after that they decide to live there life that if nothing happen and spent there days like they use to spent and i think now only Stuart is the one worth watching. Live long and prosper.
  • Try this:

Watch this thing without the laughing track. If you still find this thing funny after that, I'm sorry to say, but you're a person with very, very, very low standards. Go watch a Carlos Mencia stand up, you'll probably find his stuff hilarious.

You know what's funny about this show? it's a 21st century sitcom that portraits nerds just like movies from over 30 years ago. At least movies from 30 years ago have the excuse of being made OVER 30 YEARS AGO.

No idea what those reviews saying this show "used to be good" are talking about. This is one of the worst shows in TV history. That Sheldon dude needs to be put down like right now. Is there any character in TV history more annoying than that idiot?
  • Boring, boring, oh sooo boring

Used to love the show! The last 2 or 3 yrs the show has really gone down the drain. What happened? Did they change writers? It used to make me laugh ever so loudly, now hardly a smile... They have changed the character of Sheldon so much. I hate it that they have humanized him so much. The funny thing with Sheldon was that he was like a robot, we never see that Sheldon anymore. I wish that penny had continued pursuing her acting... The monkey movie was funny. I also wish she would give up putting her hair up in a bun. Loved that Raj couldn't speak when women were present. Wolowitz used to be so funny!

Can't stand the character of Bernadette! Anyway, I miss the first years of the show, those are never coming back again... Bye Big Bang, I miss you.
  • Way Beyond (3rd Year) Jumping The Shark

I watched 3 episodes last year then quit watching. I watched about 10 minutes of the Season 10 premier last night and turned it to the football game. TBBT was my favorite program. Its decline began 2 years ago. Here's my quick synopsis of the main characters in my humble opinion:

Leonard - Growing anger with everyone... has lost even the friendly relationship with his "friends". I'm bored with this character and will not watch if the weekly (bi-weekly, tri-weekly, who knows?) show is featuring him or Howard. He's very feminine and not believable. (MAN HIM UP OR LOSE HIM)

Sheldon - Holds TBBT together with Amy, Raj and Penny. (KEEP HIM)

Howard - Nasally snort when delivering lines is obnoxious at this point. I can't stand this character now. Bernadette is better off with Raj. There is nothing of value to gain from this character as a viewer. NOT FUNNY ANYMORE Self centered lazy loser. Tired of hearing and seeing him whine. (LOSE HIM)

Raj - The only grounded character (except possibly Amy) on the show and still has a few funny lines. He matches with Sheldon and Amy well. His emotional stability is well beyond Howard. Howard and Raj are not funny together anymore. (KEEP HIM)

Penny - Bizarre character treatment for the last two years. Leonard and Penny are not believable as a married couple. At this point Zach is much funnier than Leonard. She still has some decent lines. (KEEP HER)

Bernadette - NOT even close to ever marrying Howard and please lose the irritating voice, (fun at first) it has worn out it's welcome. (KEEP HER)

Amy - Grounded like Raj... Still has some funny lines... (KEEP HER)

• Season 10 Episode 1 ... The Big BOMB Theory, or how the wreck a great show.

Tonight was episode 1 of season 10 and it was the WORST ever. Introducing Katy Segal as a NOT BELIEVABLE Penny's Mom and her Gay acting and looking Drug Maker brother. Only her father Wyatt played by the great Keith Carradine was believable. The whole episode was everyone bickering which was tedious and nothing funny about it. Are the writers on vacation and the cast from The View writing scripts? The Big Bang Theory has been steadily going down hill in recent years and this one may be the Tombstone ... RIP. Producers if TBBT, DITCH Katy Segal and the Gay Brother and find a believable Penny's mom that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE HER!! Like Virginia Madsen! And then find a hick brother that looks like a Meth Lab doper, not a *** that would be on America's Got Talent singing Bette Midler melodies! At least Kaley Cuoco's (Penny) hair is growing back (long).
  • l am the biggest fan

I really love the show.

I read all their biographies. It seems that all their acting careers succeeded because of big bang theory.

Other than Sheldon cooper ,I really love Amy and Leonard.

As l am a Sri Lankan I really like to see something in big bang theory about Sri Lanka .
  • The best show ever

Maybe this is the best show ever for me... i recommend all the people to watch this show
  • Sonic

Decent comedy
  • I have only laughed once this Season

I have rated 3 stars one for each increadible season of tbbt.

1-3 was such a great Sit-Com original well written comedy.

Such a shame they turned it in to a bland couples show, with no original content , since season 4.

• GREETINGS FROM AUSTRALIA

Dear Mr Lorre and Honoured Associates,

This is the author of Leonards Cousin Leilani Hoffstetter's penpal family greetings to Penny and also Amy (the Maid of Honour). I really think you should read this pair of storyline fillers for the new and upcoming Big Bang Theory episodes. I hope to be able to help keep this show on the air season after season, because the cooky cousin whose half Australian has seen a very similar life to mine and I have a Bachelors in Arts and a very strong vocabulary in Psychology (it was a Major) and we know EVERYONE in the Hoffstetter family does Psychology studies at some stage.

I love this show and I feel very at home with the much loved Characters. I need to know an email address I can send my scanned hand written originals of Leilani's Pen Pal letterings for Amy and Penny. Why Amy too, is something you need to see in the letters. If you like them and want to see more and BRING ON LEONARDS COUSIN, then I will forward all my contact details and you can maybe make me an offer to come on board as a pen pal?? The first two must be paid for if anymore will come, I've been a struggling Arts Graduate for years and I seriously need the break of a Lifetime! add me up on Facebook Leiah L M-C or just inbox me an email and I will send through exciting new possible material for this show so that it can become a classic family favorite loved by the entire Western world. I'd appreciate a follow-up contact number so that I can call and confirm my legitimacy. Now whose with me??

All the best, I am truly Yours Faithfully,

Miss . McMurry (the mc worry)
  • Raj Has Stagnated

Raj is a gorgeous, intelligent man, yet after overcoming his inability to speak to women, Raj has not kept pace emotionally withe the rest of the core ensemble. He is weak-minded, easily manipulated, highly feminized, and desperate. Raj often mentions being the minority in the group, bur he never tries to date minority women. He only pairs with emotionally damaged or deviant women. I'd like to see him with a woman, preferably minority, who can encourage him to get his huevos to drop and grow a backbone. I understand that he spent a lot of time around his mom, and he will never be Mr. Macho Man, but Raj goes too far on the weak end of the spectrum. He needs a life, and it's high time that be took steps towards getting one. I don't watch or record anymore because Raj has become a drag. I don't feel the same way about Stuart, because he isn't as good-looking, smart, wealthy, or accomplished; Stuart is depressed, is not a full member of the ensemble, and is able to take a stand when necessary.
  • Squeaky

Wolowitz's blonde spouse needs a voice transplant. Her squeaky, rapid voice seldom makes it past my translation sensors, I don't understand most of her sentences. Frustrating.
  • Suggestion Episode

I believe you could make a real funny episode by letting the 4 enter into Battle Bots. Your thoughts.
  • Too many commercials

8pm to 8:14pm there was 24 commercials then 3 minutes of show followed by 8 more commercials. I loved this show but as stars salaries rise the quality and quantity of the program suffer
  • Overrated

Too overrated, and it's not that good. Sheldon is the only character I like from this steaming pile of bullshit. Now, to be honest, I loved TBBT a few years ago, but then I realized it is boring, not funny and fuck this shit!
  • It is time for creating a new funny show and give this actors a well deserved brake.

No new writing team ! No working on any character's relationship !It doesn't matter if Penny's hair short or long ! No repair on the show, simply this show lost his "mojo". I can't see why the actors get 1 million per episode, not too much effort in the acting either. The show is not the same as it was years earlier, full of fun and laughter. It got tired. Period. It is time to finished.
  • Watched every season and shocked I had to remind myself that Penny and Leonard are actually married

4.5
    I was a huge fan until season 4. From season 5, the show started declining in comedy and constitent repetitions of the jokes. Still continuing to laugh at the nerds than laughing with them. Penny still guilt trip Leonard about being nerdy. So does the writers. Never laughed at in the last two season because I watched it because I'm an idiot to think the show will get better. Omg the laugh track! It kills me every time when the audience laugh unfunny jokes. After so many episodes, I was shocked to see that Leonard and penny are married. Their wedding was pathetic. I wish Mrs. Wolowitz weren't dead.
  • A Big Bang

4.5
    I agree with most people who wrote a review. All these people make valid points. The writing has deteriorated, so much so, that all your fervent fans no longer want to watch. Without the Emmy award-winning, Jim Parsons, the show would surely be axed!! That, however, can't continue forever. The actors can only do so much with badly written scripts. And badly written scripts they are!! The review before memade a good point about how the writers plant a seed, then instead of letting the concept grow, they screw it up by inane crap that doesn't make sense. What is happening here? You have Sheldon supposedly evolving, then, you give him new conditions he has to overcome. Basically, he is a psychological nightmare. You tease the fans with how much Amy means to him, then you have him treat her like dirt. Where is the emotional growth in that? He is on a downhill spiral. And what is Amy suppose to do? Wait another 7-8 years for scraps of affection he so stingily gives? Lets be realistic here! Amy will come to resent him. And who would blame her? No one should have to put up with that bull!! They continuously throw Penny at Sheldon, too!! What's up with that? Do the writers think that Sheldon is so overcome with her beauty that he loves her? They constantly stress this mystical bond between the two that neither Leonard or Amy can compete with. Penny treats Leonard horribly. He probably thinks that he loves her. If you ever watch Penny's expression, she looks at him with bored disdain. That's not love. Why don't the writers work on their relationship. People would love to see her actually appreciate Leonard. It's not like Leonard can't get females, because he has had prior relationships. I'm just saying maybe you need a new writing team that is good with continutity. Maybe someone of import will read these reviews and repair what needs to be done. Before it is too late!!!
  • out of time, bad research.

holy shitshow, some shows can actually go for 10+ season, really, it's true. but this pile of cold turd is not one that should have had more than 3 seasons. and one of the biggest downs on top of the bad jokes stuff, is the disconect to majority of nerds, these characters are not relatable what so ever. raj and howard are the best thing on the show, but the bad jokes and laugh track kills them as well
  • E tu, BBT?

Fans, let's accept that the BBT has fallen prey to the insatiable greed of the network sharks. This happens with every high-quality sitcom. They start out refreshing and clever; then, when the network sees the favorable ratings, they start dumbing down the show in order to gain a broader audience. They want every ditch digger to get the jokes, so they aim for the mediocre. It's a sad phenomenon, and I had hoped it wouldn't happen to BBT. Do you remember the first time you watched the show? There were tons of clever and creative antics -- you felt part of a small but elite group of intelligent fans who was privy to a refreshing and exciting comedic movement. Compare that to the sex- and bathroom-based low-brow humor we endure now. It really is demeaning to watch at times. Like a previous writer said, the network sharks probably don't even read our reviews -- they are beyond wanting to make a quality show. They're just riding the rating wave as far as it will go.
  • wanted: writers for comedy

TBBT has always been a favorite of mine. As I read all the reviews, I see that a lot of people are clearly unhappy with the last couple of years. I am scratching my head in wonder, trying to understand why they even renewed the series. The writing has been horrendous lately. I understand why people dislike the introduction of relationships. The writing has suffered. It's not because of Mayim or Kaley or any of the other actors and actresses. Clearly, some people don't know how to write about relationships and character growth. It is as if you don't know what to do with these people anymore. They can't stay in the same stage as they were 9 years ago. C'mon people. You aren't the same as you were 9 years ago and neither are these characters. You want them to live in limbo? I see where everyone is frustrated with how the stories are going. I wholeheartedly agree. You would think that after 8-9 years that Penny and Leonard would have a better storyline. I cringe when I watch them. It is apparent that they are very bored and unhappy. Are the writers making them that way, or do they genuinely hate their job anymore. Someone suggested Penny get an acting job and Len should go into therapy. I am sure there are very good storylines there that these people could make work. Then there is Amy and Sheldon... Amy has put up with all of Sheldon's baggage and loved him "warts and all". You finally get them together and then you just drop them there staring at each other without the cute one-liners that made people laugh. You would think that since Sheldon supposedly learned from his break-up with Amy that he would be more willing to treat her better. He insults her constantly. He says he came to realize what she meant to him. Where is the proof? He touched her more in earlier episodes. He even looked at her in that special Sheldonistic way. Now he can't be bothered? What happened there? It's apparent, he does not want a closer relationship with her. Why not bring Dave back to give Sheldon some competition? Let him deal with jealousy. You can't expect a woman to take all the disrespect and insults and give nothing in return. Relationships are a two way street of give and take. One partner can't sustain the burden of the entire relationship!! Howard and Bernie have very funny lines and it seems that they will be good with that storyline. However, the most underused person is Raj. As someone pointed out, why are you making him act so needy? There are a lot of inconsistencies to his plot lines, too, Just when we thought he was finally get rid of that wacko, Emily, you put her right back in his orbit. Wouldn't it be funny/scary if he discovers she is a serial killer? Seriously, now. Something needs to be done. Does anyone think that he writers or people associated with the show even read our reviews? Somehow, I don't think so. But it was good venting. We can always hope for the best, or just quit watching!! And to all you Big Bang love you all!!
  • what happened to our beloved tbbt??

I love all the characters on this show. Jim Parsons does an outstanding job, as his awards prove. Nearly all the reviews I have read, here and numerous other places, can't understand what happened to this show. It is slowly going down the toliet. Even Jim Parsons can only do so much. I agree, as others do, that the writing has deteriorated signficantly. All characters eventually evolve and grow, but, the writers don't seem to want that to happen. They tease the audience with bits and pieces to tantalize the public and keep them "hooked", then drop the ball, leaving the audience frustrated and angry. Let's start with Sheldon. It started out good when they brought Amy in as a love interest. Everyone was anxious to see how Sheldon AND Amy would grow. We struggled along with the characters, rooting for them. Then someone got the bright idea to have Sheldon take out an engagement ring. Clearly, that was a rating ploy or whatever you call it. Sheldon was and probably will never be ready for that type of commitment. Amy has progressed, but the writers, while letting her drink or pierce her ears, won't change her clothing, something most women would do. Amy has spent years walking on eggshells trying to accept Sheldon and possibly change him. Again, the writers brought them together after passionate kissing and making love, only to have Sheldon backslide. There is no touching, no affection and sometimes, he is down right insulting to Amy. How unrealistic and terrible to insult us with these stupid "milestone" events. Then you have Leonard who is so in love with Penny that he takes all her abuse. He has so little self-esteem that he accepts any kind of treatment just to placate her every whim. Penny is an unhappy shrewish woman, who, like his mother, is even more rude and insulting than Sheldon. Howard had a huge mother complex and that's how he sees Bernie. I understand why she was hesitant to have a baby with him, since she plays mother to Howard! Last, but not least, we have poor Raj. He finally gets his act together and can finally talk to females. The writers had a perfect opportunity to match him up with his dog's vet who was genuinely interested enough in him to spend Valentine's day with him. The writers give him damaged females with baggage even greater than his own. No one, and I mean NO ONE, I know likes Emily who is one weird woman. He finally has the balls to break up with her and what do the writers do?!? Stick him back into a relationship he was unhappy with after introducing him to a woman "who I was planning our wedding... " There are no consistencies, here. It's like you have several writers who don't realize what is going on. There is a lot of bullying going on and instead of addressing it, you perpetuate it. I know that Kaley started with the boys from the beginning, but the dynamics have changed and you use her to keep the male viewers attention. They are always throwing her at Sheldon. Let's get real here, a woman like that would despise a person like him, yet you continuously have her acting as everyone's mentor. Why get advise from her? As someone says, she is clearly a very unhappy bully with a drinking problem. I don't know if anyone understands that you can't have a show last nearly 10 seasons and no growth or resolutions. You can't have 30-40 year olds running around doing 20 year old antics. Change has to happen!! I'm not saying it has to be a drastic change, but one that allows character growth. Let Sheldon hold Amy's hand, give her a flower, or a present and make love to her more than once a year as a birthday treat. Let Leonard grow some stones, go into therapy, tell Penny NO!! Let Penny quit a job she hates and actually get an acting or soap opera job, something that fulfills her. Let Howard resolve his feels about his mom/dad and be the best father ever. Please let Raj have someone who respects him and is crazy about him. I think we would all like to see how these scenarios can be played out. Someone please listen to the outcries of people who only want their favorite characters to thrive.
  • i am not a big fan

I always feel sleepy when this comes on
  • ***'s

I am so tired of TV shows about ***'s. I wish they would go back in the closet.
  • Watched All Episodes (TWICE) and would watch them again-please make 9 MORE seasons

I've watched all the episodes, then watched them again on disc as they came out. This is a show I felt was worth owning and having to watch the full series over and over again every other year or so. Absolutely LOVE these characters (all of em; the boys, the girls, their coworkers and friends, and their relatives) and how they interact with each other. Their problems are real and the ways they find to deal with them (solved or not) are wonderful. ------ I wait all week on pins and needles just to see what's happening next. ----- If this show continues for another ten years, I'll still be right there watching it all and waiting impatiently for next weeks' episode. The only bad thing I can say about this show is that there is only one new episode every other week -- I'd love to see three or four each week (though I know that would put an unreasonable load of work on the staff of the show, actors and writers alike ... people do have lives to live outside of the workplace, after all, even actors and writers).

I'd love to see this show go on for another 9 seasons; at least.
  • New Episodes are Flat

The new episodes of The Big Bang Theory are no longer funny. What happened to the clever science jokes? The scenes with Penny and Leonard are sad. The only explanation is that there are new writers on the show that are neither clever or funny. At this rate, I may stop watching the show all together, and there really is no point in continuing the series.