The Big Bang Theory

Monday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 24, 2007 Returning September 25, 2017

karlmeszaros

The Big Bang Theory Fan Reviews (635)

• Save the trouble of airing the show anymore, man!

The show has gotten sheldon-centric. It has always been, It has become very irritating. The way Raj is being ... "After 10 long seasons... really?" even Donald Trump would feel bad about this racist remarks. Penny and Leonard couple... wait, are they even one ? Howard( my favourite till season 4-5 has become very boring... please just take away bernadette and amy.. please just do it.. do it now.. don't even get started on Stuart. You guys really are making us depressed more than And the side plot about Leonard's dad and sheldon's mom..... that was the cheapest stunt anyone has pulled as a cliff-hanger end to a season. for the love of god, don't even compare it to just cruel.

• Big bang

I would like to see a future show 20 yrs in the future of the relationships of these actors. Especially Sheldon and Amy with children.
  • remove

pls remove Amy Farrah character we dont like her
  • Why do I keep watching

I can't stand Penny. Her character doesn't fit. Sheldon makes the show.
  • Watched All Episodes (TWICE) and would watch them again-please make 10 MORE seasons

I've watched all the episodes, then watched them again on disc as they came out. This is a show I felt was worth owning and having to watch the full series over and over again every other year or so. Absolutely LOVE these characters (all of em; the boys, the girls, their coworkers and friends, and their relatives) and how they interact with each other. Their problems are real and the ways they find to deal with them (solved or not) are wonderful. ------ I wait all week on pins and needles just to see what's happening next. ----- If this show continues for another ten years, I'll still be right there watching it all and waiting impatiently for next weeks' episode. The only bad thing I can say about this show is that there is only one new episode every other week -- I'd love to see three or four each week (though I know that would put an unreasonable load of work on the staff of the show, actors and writers alike ... people do have lives to live outside of the workplace, after all, even actors and writers).

I'd love to see this show go on for another 10 seasons; at least. I want to see all of the characters grow up, have families, raise kids, etc. They are so real and I don't think I'll ever get tired of checking in on them.
  • Being a celebrity is bad!

These people are celebrities! God can't allow any celebrity into heaven unless they repent of being a celebrity before it's too late. I wouldn't wish being a celebrity on my worst enemy. They are the angels of Lucifer because they honor and exalt themselves on high just like Lucifer does. The cast of "The Big Bang Theory" are setting a very bad example for children and even adults who can't see the utter depravity of TV shows like this. Please, before it's too late, shut this TV show down, along with all the other TV shows like it that are brainwashing and destroying the youth of America.
  • Wish I never watched past season 4

Season 1-3 and to a lesser degree season 4 I would rate as my favorite sitcom ever.

I stopped watching after season 7,

I have no idea why but I keep trying an odd episode every so often.

I just watched one it was tragic nothing at all is left of the original charm, funny characterises of the main cast, sharp writing and different intelligent story lines it's all gone.

Penny is a horrible ,horrible person now I don't want to watch Leonard being treated like that its not funny it's cruel.

Also just another married dull couple to join Howard and Bernadette with nothing to do but squabble, and now even Sheldon living with Amy so mundane.

• Disappointed

Since season 10 started I have been watching every episode with a hope that this one will be better than the last one, only to be disappointed every time. The show used to be very good, until season 9 started (maybe a little before that, don't remember it so well). Now every episode lasts about 15 minutes, and there is really no plot. Everyone is for themselves and it is just weird.. I understand that the characters have grown and has to be for themselves and stuff, that is why I think they should have just ended it after season 9. Raj should really get someone, it is not funny, it is sad that he doesn't have someone. I also think they should pair Stuart up with someone, because he is depressing (and for the record I feel like his depression is being made fun of by both the show and the other characters, which just isn't cool).

The thing now is that one episode might have a plot, but then they just don't finish it.. For instance, the last episode that aired focused on Raj forming a study-ish-group of his former girlfriends to find out what is wrong with him, but then the episode ended without a conclusion. Yeah, his girlfriends told him what was wrong with him, and it didn't help him in any way, they only played further on the thing about Howard and Raj being in a couple. The way I see it, the scenario wasn't even necessary to have in the whole episode. Actually, they should just pair Raj and Howard together, and then forget about Bernadette and the baby.

And why did they make Howard and Bernadette have a baby in the first place? It didn't really lead to anything, except a pillow crying with the voice of a man (it sounds more like Howard's mother, though, which I guess is the joke). If they were going to have the characters have a baby, at least use a real baby or something and have more important plots involving the actual baby, than Bernadette doubting herself as a mother (not a bad plot, but it was played out in a bad way) or a squeaky floor (look at How I Met Your Mother, when Lily and Marshall got a baby, they made it work, but TBBT did not).

Every episode has now come to having no meaning what-so-ever, with stories that doesn't really lead anywhere, it seems as if the creators of the show are just scrambling together random storylines to make up for an episode. If they are committed to continuing with an 11th season (I hope not), then they should do these things:

1. Make Sheldon a little less human again and REMEMBER his spot (he just moved over to Penny's place without even caring about his spot on the couch, and didn't even create a new spot in his 'new' apartment).

2. Cast a real baby for Howard and Bernadette, and make them NOT hate it (it seems as if they don't even care about their own flesh and blood).

3. Make Penny pursue her acting career again, I know she is successful and stuff now and make a lot of money, but was that really what she was pursuing in life? Give her some kind of big break, please.

4. Make Leonard cute again, he has become annoying and unlikeable.

5. Pair up Raj with someone already! Obviously he doesn't go along with girls, so make him gay, there is few comedy shows with a gay character, let alone a non-white gay character. In my opinion that would actually be cool, as if he has just been lying to himself all along, but really he likes dudes.

(The numbers do not mean requests in order).

My conclusion is that the show used to be funny with likeabale characters and good plots. It is still funny in the way that I might smile or chuckle a little bit, but not near as funny it was in the first seasons. And the characters have become more and more unlikeable, and are victims to sloppy plots.

The suggestions above will most certainly not become a reality, so just end it after this season and accept the defeat. (I am finally ending my ridiculously long rant, thank you for those who bothered reading it till the end).

*Pardon my English as I am not a native speaker.
  • Disappointed

Always loved this show until it became a huge hit. Too many commercials that there is no storyline. There is really no point in watching anymore for 15 minutes of no story
  • Sheldon

2.5
    I would think as Sheldon interacts more with people , his character would become more sensitive. He's slowly reaching asshole status as he continues to be so self absorbed. I am beginning to really dislike his character.
  • I still like it, but not without reservations.

5.5
    For the overall series, I would say it's about an 8. But in its current state, it's a 5.5 (maybe a little lower). Each episode now has the exact same setup. The group is split up into 3 sections, thus providing the subplots. While some of the dialogue is funny, most of it barely generates a smile on my face. Just a chuckle if I get the humor, but don't really find it funny. Penny has started to become sort of unlikable to me, Sheldon is almost too much unlike himself (although Jim Parsons still plays him very well), Raj's search for love needs to end (pair him with someone already) and even Amy doesn't seem very fun anymore. The characters have to grow as their lives change, but can the writers have some sort of fun with them? Together, perhaps?
  • Question

Is Sheldon going to leave the couch? So much was made of his "spot", not important anymore?? Glad it's only going to be on for one more season. What made it so special, just isn't anymore. Still funny, but not a biggie if I miss it.
  • PULL THE PLUG

I have been a huge fan of this show, but I have to agree with several other reviews that something has gone terribly wrong. This show is now a big yawn. Solve the salary issues with ending this series. It is sad, but 10 years is long enough. There should not be a season 11. Greed usually kills everything, that is the case here.
  • A plot point I would like to see

I would like it if one of the guys had a profound spiritual experience, like a near death experience, that caused him to question a strictly materialistic view of existence. It would spark debate and controversy throughout the whole group, including the ladies. I think this would allow for some interesting character reveals. (Like, maybe Penny's belief in astrology and psychics comes from a personal experience of her own that she has never shared with anyone and especially not the guys because of their scientific Amy's viewpoint as a neurologist would be particularly interesting. All of the debate and controversy would resolve in some open way at the end and I think it would be a truly interesting episode or two and it would provide relief from reliance upon relationship drama.
  • I have Simple Solution to make it better

In season 10 include one episode where everyone goes on vacation except of Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstader, Rajesh and Howard and they all die in a horrible road accident. This accident put them in serious shock over few months and after that they decide to live there life that if nothing happen and spent there days like they use to spent and i think now only Stuart is the one worth watching. Live long and prosper.
  • Try this:

Watch this thing without the laughing track. If you still find this thing funny after that, I'm sorry to say, but you're a person with very, very, very low standards. Go watch a Carlos Mencia stand up, you'll probably find his stuff hilarious.

You know what's funny about this show? it's a 21st century sitcom that portraits nerds just like movies from over 30 years ago. At least movies from 30 years ago have the excuse of being made OVER 30 YEARS AGO.

No idea what those reviews saying this show "used to be good" are talking about. This is one of the worst shows in TV history. That Sheldon dude needs to be put down like right now. Is there any character in TV history more annoying than that idiot?
  • Boring, boring, oh sooo boring

Used to love the show! The last 2 or 3 yrs the show has really gone down the drain. What happened? Did they change writers? It used to make me laugh ever so loudly, now hardly a smile... They have changed the character of Sheldon so much. I hate it that they have humanized him so much. The funny thing with Sheldon was that he was like a robot, we never see that Sheldon anymore. I wish that penny had continued pursuing her acting... The monkey movie was funny. I also wish she would give up putting her hair up in a bun. Loved that Raj couldn't speak when women were present. Wolowitz used to be so funny!

Can't stand the character of Bernadette! Anyway, I miss the first years of the show, those are never coming back again... Bye Big Bang, I miss you.
  • Way Beyond (3rd Year) Jumping The Shark

I watched 3 episodes last year then quit watching. I watched about 10 minutes of the Season 10 premier last night and turned it to the football game. TBBT was my favorite program. Its decline began 2 years ago. Here's my quick synopsis of the main characters in my humble opinion:

Leonard - Growing anger with everyone... has lost even the friendly relationship with his "friends". I'm bored with this character and will not watch if the weekly (bi-weekly, tri-weekly, who knows?) show is featuring him or Howard. He's very feminine and not believable. (MAN HIM UP OR LOSE HIM)

Sheldon - Holds TBBT together with Amy, Raj and Penny. (KEEP HIM)

Howard - Nasally snort when delivering lines is obnoxious at this point. I can't stand this character now. Bernadette is better off with Raj. There is nothing of value to gain from this character as a viewer. NOT FUNNY ANYMORE Self centered lazy loser. Tired of hearing and seeing him whine. (LOSE HIM)

Raj - The only grounded character (except possibly Amy) on the show and still has a few funny lines. He matches with Sheldon and Amy well. His emotional stability is well beyond Howard. Howard and Raj are not funny together anymore. (KEEP HIM)

Penny - Bizarre character treatment for the last two years. Leonard and Penny are not believable as a married couple. At this point Zach is much funnier than Leonard. She still has some decent lines. (KEEP HER)

Bernadette - NOT even close to ever marrying Howard and please lose the irritating voice, (fun at first) it has worn out it's welcome. (KEEP HER)

Amy - Grounded like Raj... Still has some funny lines... (KEEP HER)

• Season 10 Episode 1 ... The Big BOMB Theory, or how the wreck a great show.

Tonight was episode 1 of season 10 and it was the WORST ever. Introducing Katy Segal as a NOT BELIEVABLE Penny's Mom and her Gay acting and looking Drug Maker brother. Only her father Wyatt played by the great Keith Carradine was believable. The whole episode was everyone bickering which was tedious and nothing funny about it. Are the writers on vacation and the cast from The View writing scripts? The Big Bang Theory has been steadily going down hill in recent years and this one may be the Tombstone ... RIP. Producers if TBBT, DITCH Katy Segal and the Gay Brother and find a believable Penny's mom that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE HER!! Like Virginia Madsen! And then find a hick brother that looks like a Meth Lab doper, not a *** that would be on America's Got Talent singing Bette Midler melodies! At least Kaley Cuoco's (Penny) hair is growing back (long).
  • l am the biggest fan

I really love the show.

I read all their biographies. It seems that all their acting careers succeeded because of big bang theory.

Other than Sheldon cooper ,I really love Amy and Leonard.

As l am a Sri Lankan I really like to see something in big bang theory about Sri Lanka .
  • The best show ever

Maybe this is the best show ever for me... i recommend all the people to watch this show
  • Sonic

Decent comedy
  • I have only laughed once this Season

I have rated 3 stars one for each increadible season of tbbt.

1-3 was such a great Sit-Com original well written comedy.

Such a shame they turned it in to a bland couples show, with no original content , since season 4.

• GREETINGS FROM AUSTRALIA

Dear Mr Lorre and Honoured Associates,

This is the author of Leonards Cousin Leilani Hoffstetter's penpal family greetings to Penny and also Amy (the Maid of Honour). I really think you should read this pair of storyline fillers for the new and upcoming Big Bang Theory episodes. I hope to be able to help keep this show on the air season after season, because the cooky cousin whose half Australian has seen a very similar life to mine and I have a Bachelors in Arts and a very strong vocabulary in Psychology (it was a Major) and we know EVERYONE in the Hoffstetter family does Psychology studies at some stage.

I love this show and I feel very at home with the much loved Characters. I need to know an email address I can send my scanned hand written originals of Leilani's Pen Pal letterings for Amy and Penny. Why Amy too, is something you need to see in the letters. If you like them and want to see more and BRING ON LEONARDS COUSIN, then I will forward all my contact details and you can maybe make me an offer to come on board as a pen pal?? The first two must be paid for if anymore will come, I've been a struggling Arts Graduate for years and I seriously need the break of a Lifetime! add me up on Facebook Leiah L M-C or just inbox me an email and I will send through exciting new possible material for this show so that it can become a classic family favorite loved by the entire Western world. I'd appreciate a follow-up contact number so that I can call and confirm my legitimacy. Now whose with me??

All the best, I am truly Yours Faithfully,

Miss . McMurry (the mc worry)
  • Raj Has Stagnated

Raj is a gorgeous, intelligent man, yet after overcoming his inability to speak to women, Raj has not kept pace emotionally withe the rest of the core ensemble. He is weak-minded, easily manipulated, highly feminized, and desperate. Raj often mentions being the minority in the group, bur he never tries to date minority women. He only pairs with emotionally damaged or deviant women. I'd like to see him with a woman, preferably minority, who can encourage him to get his huevos to drop and grow a backbone. I understand that he spent a lot of time around his mom, and he will never be Mr. Macho Man, but Raj goes too far on the weak end of the spectrum. He needs a life, and it's high time that be took steps towards getting one. I don't watch or record anymore because Raj has become a drag. I don't feel the same way about Stuart, because he isn't as good-looking, smart, wealthy, or accomplished; Stuart is depressed, is not a full member of the ensemble, and is able to take a stand when necessary.
  • Squeaky

Wolowitz's blonde spouse needs a voice transplant. Her squeaky, rapid voice seldom makes it past my translation sensors, I don't understand most of her sentences. Frustrating.
  • Suggestion Episode

I believe you could make a real funny episode by letting the 4 enter into Battle Bots. Your thoughts.
  • Too many commercials

8pm to 8:14pm there was 24 commercials then 3 minutes of show followed by 8 more commercials. I loved this show but as stars salaries rise the quality and quantity of the program suffer
  • It is time for creating a new funny show and give this actors a well deserved brake.

No new writing team ! No working on any character's relationship !It doesn't matter if Penny's hair short or long ! No repair on the show, simply this show lost his "mojo". I can't see why the actors get 1 million per episode, not too much effort in the acting either. The show is not the same as it was years earlier, full of fun and laughter. It got tired. Period. It is time to finished.
  • Watched every season and shocked I had to remind myself that Penny and Leonard are actually married

4.5
    I was a huge fan until season 4. From season 5, the show started declining in comedy and constitent repetitions of the jokes. Still continuing to laugh at the nerds than laughing with them. Penny still guilt trip Leonard about being nerdy. So does the writers. Never laughed at in the last two season because I watched it because I'm an idiot to think the show will get better. Omg the laugh track! It kills me every time when the audience laugh unfunny jokes. After so many episodes, I was shocked to see that Leonard and penny are married. Their wedding was pathetic. I wish Mrs. Wolowitz weren't dead.