The Big Bang Theory

The 43 Peculiarity

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 2012 on CBS

• I couldn't agree less with....

the anti Amy and Bernadette reviewers about this episode !

Yes, the primary emphasis is on the 4 guys and Penny but the ONLY reason this show is the highest rated comedy in the States is that it appeals to everyone, NOT just geeks.

I reckon the show would have run out of steam around mid third season without the appearance of relationships for the cast. Let's face it, nerdiness can only appeal for just so long !

Anyway, to this episode and the "L" word.

At last, Penny finally managed to blurt out what we all knew and give poor Leonard (massively intelligent but unable to notice he's being hit on) a huge confidence boost.

Unfortunately for Penny, I fear this might lead to him trying out his new found "studliness", when he finally realises what Alex is actually saying to him.

As a "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and "X-Files" fan, I too was thrown by the "43" on the board for the same reason as Howard and Raj (the X-Files reference is that Fox Mulders apartment number was also "42" in an homage to "Hitchhikers").

I also thought it might be a Sheldon experiment to see how many days it would take 'till the gang tried to find out what he was doing.

Hackey Sack, I did NOT expect. Well done the writers for the trickery !

My only issue (let's face it, it wouldn't be me if I didn't have one), is the timescale that Sheldon managed to produce the fake video. It looked like Howard and Raj had barely fitted the camera (loved the "million dollar camera, 10 dollar lock" reference) and Sheldon had the vid ready.

Realistically, I don't care as Howard and Raj are NEVER going to suffer from constipation again, after Sheldon dropped the multi-limbed creature on the laptop.

Certainly one of the better episodes but I see trouble ahead for Leonard, when Penny hits "jealous" mode and possibly tries to chop off his dangly bits.

P.S. Bart Simpson is still a kid because IT'S A CARTOON and he doesn't need to evolve and Scrubs died a natural death when Zack Braff wanted to go on to other things and as he was the main character, the show had nowhere to go.