The Big Bang Theory

The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 15, 2008 on CBS

• Leonard's coworker hook up with Penny, which bothers him a lot. On the other side, Sheldon hesitates what gift he should buy for repaying Penny's courtesy.

It's an "Christmas episode" for sure, just like there are "Christmas movies", but the ending is so powerful that makes it not only Christmas taste, but also special and nice and glowing. At first everything goes ordinarily. You know how Sheldon can be bugging when things impact his cognition; Leonard is verbally emulous but inwardly expects to get noticed by someone he appreciates, and Penny can be two-face when she wants to go out with the guy she's interested in. They all think they get what they want or having situation controlled. However, things aren't perfect as they thought. Leonard sees how he is a loser when David can effortlessly win the woman he only dates once; Penny get cheated again, and, Sheldon receives a gift he never dreamt of...beyond what he can pay back. Things start to warm up there. They surprise each other with thoughtful gifts, console each other with warm hearts and wit. When I saw Sheldon giving his hug to Penny, I feel a warm stream flowing through my heart, making me want to laugh, want to cry. This guy does has his cute side, if only you amaze him accidentally.