The Big Bang Theory

The Beta Test Initiation

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 26, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • Leonard and Penny test their newest relationship, Sheldon launches "Fun with Flags", and Raj becomes attracted to his smart phone.

This wasn't just my favorite episode of the season, but definitely one of my all-time favorites of the entire series. This wasn't just because of Leonard and Penny, which I have been a great supporter of since the pilot episode, but we finally had an exciting and enjoyable storyline for Raj. Now I like Raj, don't get me wrong, but before this episode, so many of his plots had been about his inability to get women and how he's been so lonely. And although I have felt sorry for him, these plots have gotten worn and boring. But this, oh... THIS, was a great, unique storyline for Raj, who purchases a new smart phone. He falls in love with the phone's popular virtual assistant, Siri. He thinks he has finally found a woman he can talk to! It is a little pathetic, but funny nonetheless. The only problem I found with it is that his storyline ends with a dream. I want to know what happens in real life! This practice with Siri could lead to confidence to actually speak to real women without being intoxicated! Meanwhile, I'm glad Leonard and Penny are finally back together. I usually get frustrated with Leonard's annoying habit to always seem to get Penny upset at him, but despite his long list of her quirks he doesn't approve of, the two ultimately get on the right track, as they agree to start again slow. Sheldon doesn't play a big part in this show, and has maybe one or two scenes when he is not in his spot in the apartment living room, launching his web series "Fun with Flags" with Amy. However, the two were funny as they predictably progressed slowly filming their first episode. Season 5 is coming to be a great response after I thought the show kind of lost its quality in Season 4.