The Big Bang Theory

The Cohabitation Formulation

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 2011 on CBS

• The Cohabitation Formulation

First off, this episode was a significant improvement upon last weeks. Not straying too far from the comfort zone of any of it's repeating gags, but executing them well and delivering a few genuine laughs that have been lacking recently. The episode focuses around two main stories: Howard trying to move out and proving that he really has developed to the mental age of a 5 year old, and Leonard getting re-involved with Raj's sister much to Penny's dislike. The Howard story line was the least funny of the two, but provided a few moments at which i really felt like i couldn't watch him be such a mommy's boy because it was just too cringey, and so it served it's purpose. Leonard's story line was the much more interesting of the two with some genuine plot advancement, unlike many of the other stand alone episodes of late, which really was nice to see. I assume that Raj' sister will return for more episodes, which is nice as it should give the writers a chance to do a bit more with Raj other than to have him not speak to women and provide one liners in the cafeteria at the university. I really hope the writers take advantage of the story that they have set up here, with Penny clearly still having feelings for Leonard. With at least 3 seasons to go I doubt that there will be any kind of hasty reforming of their relationship, but if Priya sticks around just long enough to mix things up, a new life should be thrown back into this show that has been stagnant of late. Overall this was a much better episode of The Big Bang Theory than I have come to expect on a week to week basis and I hope that it continues to deliver at this level.