The Big Bang Theory

The Countdown Reflection

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 10, 2012 on CBS

• Season 5 finale

As Howard awaits blast-off, he recounts how the gang threw together a last-minute wedding for him and Bernadette. I thought that this was a great Season 5 finale of "The Big Bang Theory". Although, I did find the episode to be pretty slow and just plain kinda boring at times (which is what lowered my score) plus Bernadette continues to annoy the living nightmare out of me. I enjoyed how the episode keeps flashing back and forward to Howard thinking about the things in his life before the rocket launches. I didn't really laugh much here also just mainly in the final act of the episode which was leading up the wedding. I found the wedding scene to be kinda ruined because they try to throw in a bunch of humor in your face here and there but Sheldon was absolutely hilarious here and it was just funny. The very end of the episode with everyone holding hands as they see Howard launch up into space on television was sweet though. Wonder how Season 6 will play out but we're gonna have to wait til' Fall 2012. Overall, a great Season 5 finale of "The Big Bang Theory". 8.5/10