The Big Bang Theory

The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 30, 2010 on CBS

7.8
  • Please please would the writers for the first three seasons fix my most favourite show!

Ahhh I thought the first episode of the season was an aberration and wondered why I wasn't falling off my chair with laughter like I usually do.
    Then episode two arrived and I only mildly chuckled. I think I know why...this episode barely had an original concept but brought out every TBBT cliche. From yes..ok..Penny mooches, to Raj not talking to women, to sitting on Sheldon's favourite sofa seat, to Sheldon knocking on Penny's door, to singing "Soft kitty", to "Bazinga!", to annoying Sheldon being driven around, to the roommate agreement...you get the picture. In themselves I love all those things, but chuck them all in the same episode, together with fart jokes, and it just shouts "writer's block".
    Also, agree the first two episodes have been a bit Sheldon centric...I love him...but the great thing about this show is that it's an ensemble cast who can all hold their own and makes the show more watchable and funny that way.
    The funniest moment for me was Sheldon'bot thinking Leonard was tense, starts playing the recorder while broadcasting women folk dancing on his screen.
    Really hope the next episode blows this review out of the water...or I'll just have to watch reruns to get my TBBT fix.