The Big Bang Theory

The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 30, 2009 on CBS

7.8
  • Can't Use Their Shields

We didn't really get anywhere in this episode. Clearly Alisha's here to stay (at least for a few episodes; she's getting on Sheldon's bad side, so she won't last long), and she doesn't play well with others. I did sympathize with Penny in that the boys all flocked to the other woman, forgetting one of their friends, and appreciated that Penny was standing up for the boys, but overall, the episode just didn't do much for me.
  • Penny's Jealous!!! and the guys are really really cheap !!!

we know that the guys are cheap with women , but not like this episode they really carried on with that, but the girl was hot !!! i don't blame them lol
    but Penny really get Jealous from her !!! that was funny.
    and Leonard when it comes to girls specially with neighbors he go wild !!
    i like the scene when Penny buy them Chinese but the they go with the new one!!
    and when Sheldon was talking about bees and Penny get angry that was funny too !!
    what i most like about Sheldon's character that its cold!! very !!!like he can't feel anything except for those things that no one gets it !! and its played very good.
  • I feel like I have seen this before.

Heres my problem,the plot.I mean haven't they done this,
    A good looking girl shows up and the guys go gag gag over her (well Leonard,Wolowitz and Koothrappali anyway)
    I mean in the last two seasons alone,I have seen a variation of this plot about 5 times.

Exhibit A,The Pilot (Penny)
    Exhibit B,The Pork Chop Indeterminacy(Missy)
    Exhibit C,The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem (Ramona)
    Exhibit D,The Lizard-Spock Expansion(Stephanie)
    Exhibit E,The Terminator Decoupling(Summer)

And you know what is wasn't that funny ether.

Penny joke about Star Trek was funny though.
    It's an OK episode,but was slightly annoying plot.

Ashely didn't leave at the end so I think that we haven't seen the last of her yet.
  • huh again

Penny feels threatened when another sexy woman moves into the apartment building and angered when she senses the guys are being taken advantage of. I reviewed these episode i am sure of it ok so second time reviewing is going to be difficult but I will try. There was a fight with Penny and new girl that was decent lol. it was fun seeing Penny jealous and I was rooting for her all the way through the episode. Sheldon was great so was everyone really they where really funny drooling over the new girl and being all nerdy as usual. 9.5

Guess what the best thing about this episode was? Nope, it wasn't Sheldon. It was Penny, much to my surprise. Seeing her act jealous was just wildly amusing, and it was hilarious seeing her try to one up the new neighbor. Most of the one liners were just perfect and they definitely hit a home run here, with most of Penny's lines.

Other than that, the plot wasn't really new. That was the writer's intention, to have the same sort of thing happen to the group, like when Penny walked in to their lives. The cat fight was just awesome, and it definitely made this episode somewhat memorable. And of course the Penny & Sheldon interactions were great too.

Raj wasn't that funny tonight, but Howard definitely was. The scene with Raj, Sheldon & Leonard waiting outside his door and listening to the conversation with Howard's mom was absolutely hysterical. Great episode overall.
  • New girl moves in upstairs, Sheldon doesn't like that. The other guys do. Penny is jealous.

So the people upstairs move out, Sheldon freaks out because they were quiet and he never met them. For a brief moment their friend Howard was going to move in. But since his loud Mother wouldn't be featured anymore and his need to live with her would be gone, that wouldn't be funny now would it? Penny meets the new girl and seems okay with her, she is also an actress. The difference is that the new girl has been in a few things, Penny hasn't. Is she ever going to give up on her dream? I think that she would have better luck making Penny Blossoms, than trying to become an actress. Fast forward through the episode, the new girl is using the boys to hook up everything, thus taking away Penny's time with them. Penny calls her on it and the new girl thinks its okay. I think that if they are smart enough to be physicists, then surely they can see that they are being used. But is it really like that? Maybe they are using her too. Its nice though, that Penny is a beautiful woman and can see past their weirdness to be friends with them. Or maybe they can see past her beauty and be friends with her? Who knows. It makes for some interesting storylines.
  • A new woman moves in. Guess how everybody responds?

I kept saying to myself while watching this (figuratively, of course, I don't talk to myself) that this was going to be "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis 2". An episode that scored tremendously by tv.com members, but I did not feel was that spectacular. I hate to axiomatically (hey, Sheldon used that word in this show) compare the two episodes, as their premises were way different, but this just did not do it for me.

I liked Penny namedropping some science references, and that joke was actually pretty funny, but Leonard irritated me so much. Raj and Howard were themselves, and Sheldon's performance was particularly mediocre.
  • A new hottie moves into the building

This was indeed an amazing episode. There wasn't a single scene that was boring or something that the episode could have done without. The actors were splendid - giving their best performances. I must say Kaley Cuoco was truly amazing in this one - and she looked ravishing in the blue dress. Story-wise, the guys except Sheldon go gaga over a new hot woman who moves on the apartment directly above them. They do all kinds on favors right from fixing her home theater system to giving her a ride to work. An intimidated Penny confronts her and the argument gets violent and they end up hurting each other. There was a heavy load of comedy in this episode, making every scene so outrageously funny, right from Sheldon getting the news that old tenants were evacuating to Howard holding Leonard, such that he won't stop the fight between Penny and Alicia.

Seriously, this episode just rocked!
  • A good episode that reveals just how much Penny has become a part of this wacky crew of nerds

This series started with the premise of two different types of people coming together to form an unlikely circle of friends. Penny being the street wise girl, and Leonard, Sheldon, Raj, and Howard being the highly intelligent but socially inept group of guys. This formula has made for one hysterical series. What normally drives the plot is Leonard trying to become more a part of Penny's world and usually dragging a reluctant Sheldon with him. What's interesting about this episode is that the roles become reversed and it shows how much Penny has become part of Leonard and the rest of the gang's world. From getting Sheldon's Chinese food order right, to dropping a Star Trek reference, I like how the guys are starting to rub off on Penny and also how protective of them she has become

As far as the new girl, Alicia, I don't know how long they plan to keep her around, but it should make for some more interesting confrontations between the two queen bees. Overall, this episode did not have a lot of laugh out loud moments, but it still was enjoyable to watch. Hopefully the writers will continue to develop the inner geek in Penny. It will definitely make for some funny moments.
  • Penny faces a nemesis who just moved in - all the guys (except Sheldon, of course) are infatuated.

I found this episode to be full of laughs and an absolute delight to watch. Kaley (Penny) had an entire episode to truly shine, and, as we all know she can, she did exceptionally well. As the men are all flabbergasted with the new occupant of the apartment in the building (an attractive girl named Alicia), Penny tries her best to tell Alicia that she is simply using the guys. Alicia tells Penny that Penny herself has been doing the same thing, and this leads to a full on girl fight.

Sheldon (Jim Parsons) was wonderful, as always, in this episode, but this one belonged to Penny, who stole the episode and was marvelous.