The Big Bang Theory

The Decoupling Fluctuation

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 04, 2012 on CBS

• Fair episode, though I got tired of the constant insults and put-downs

I'm a big fan of the show, and I enjoy the zany antics, misjudgments and faux pas. But in this episode, I think they went overboard, and the "funny" became off-putting.

I didn't like the way Amy and Bernadette kept pressing Penny to express her deepest feelings about loving, marrying and even staying with Leonard. Penny should have told them to mind their own business or she could have brushed them off with a "fine" assessment. I don't know why Penny would even hang out with those two girls. Amy disgusts me in general.

Then, in the space station, Howard's two cosmonaut companions ridicule him about his duties to clean the toilet, without a brush even, so his friends would hear the trash talk. Repellant in so many ways.

Next, Raj invites Stuart along to replace his friend Howard. Sheldon insults Stuart, talks derisively in front of him and the others, and sneers at his art school education. Nice.

Then some of the secret confidences get out. Worst is when Sheldon breaks into Penny's apartment in the middle of the night so he can rap with her about Sheldon.

One great line that almost redeemed everything bad in the episode: Sheldon gave a gravy boat as a wedding gift to Bernadette and Howard with the engraving "In the event of a divorce, please return to Sheldon