The Big Bang Theory

The Extract Obliteration

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 01, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • What have Sheldon Cooper and a black hole in common? They both suck !

Well, it's official; Big Bang Theory is back on form.

Some classic nerdiness in this episode with Howard & Raj boogying on down to a computer dance program and Sheldon's bromance with Stephen Hawking up and running.

It's just as well that Hawking really DOES have a great sense of humour as the wheelchair and vocal gags were unrelenting AND hilarious. Sheldons nickname for him of "Wheels" not going down well but "Rolling Thunder" perfectly acceptable.

Sheldon kicking Hawkings butt at the word game was brilliant and the response about the black hole when he eventually let the great man win was beyond superb.

The girls had a good episode as well with the three of them ganging up to teach Leonard a lesson on non-interference with Penny's aspirations.

When will Leonard learn to just shut up and go with the flow?

On the subject of Penny, I always thought it was meant to be really hot under studio lights?

When Penny got out of bed after arguing with Leonard, she was DEFINITELY cold. Damn, you could have hung a hat on those things!!! (Yowser! Really wish they had smilies here.)

Unfortunately, Sheldon's attitude toward Amy was, as usual, pathetic and really needs to be addressed.

On the subject of Amy, it was good to see an appearance this week of Mayim Bialik's right hand, even if she apparently wasn't able to use it very well. I hope it gets better soon. and she can get to grips with Sheldon.

Sheldon and Leonard's chess clock chat was priceless but again brings up the question of why no one hasn't simply just punched Sheldons lights out. The man is an egomaniac of incredible proportion and really needs a "wake up" call for his lack of empathy.

All things considered, a very good episode with steady laughs interspersed with real guffaws.

Keep it up guys and you'll stay at the top of the television heap.
  • Welcome back!

This is definitely great! The Big Bang Theory has returned to form!
  • Best episode in 2012.. period!

LOL its so witty and funny! I enjoyed every minute of it!
  • Integrity

Today's episode focused on the morals of life. Whether it be Sheldon throwing a game to win a friend or Penny having conflicts with the academic gap between her and her group of friends. Frankly speaking, I'm getting tired with the Penny and Leonard thing. I think they need to introduce new things to the show. Also, I believe that Sheldon thinks more about him being correct than him having a friend. This episode is just different from their usual format.

My favorite one-liner: She writes like she cooks.
  • Getting even better

I was wondering if they would or could keep up with the previous episode, which according to me was the best episode so far, but this was by far the best episode in which all 4 core characters have been focused on and got the most out of.

The highlights for me were; Sheldon's conundrum over being friends with Stephen Hawking and being himself. Penny's impersonation or a dumb person (Leonard). Raj finally coming out of his shell and throwing his weight around and being "Bollywood". Leonard being crazy about Penny's education and her grades. Howard's impersonation of Stephen Hawking and the Indian accent.

It was laughter riot for me to say the least.

Cheers

Live Long & Prosper.. LOL
  • Jedi Mind Tricks and Bollywood Funk

The Big Bang Theory has started the sixth season with a blast... Or atleast it hasn't been bad and has provided a good amount of laughs.

We get to witness some classic nerdiness by seeing Howard and Raj dance their asses off for a... 'I'm not finishing your sentence.. You pulled the plug on my funk'

Sheldon is playing Words With Friends with Stephen Hawking and faces some problems when it is revealed that Hawking is a sore loser. Penny enrolled to a history class in a community college which gets Leonard really excited.

Penny and Leonard seem like a dull married couple... Again... Even though previous episode did manage to breath a small amount of life into their relationship. I hope they either break up or the writers should come up with more good girlfriend and boyfriend episodes for Penny and Leonard and make them a more outgoing couple. At least that's what I think.

Overall this episode was good and while to show has lost some of it's appeal since the awkward nerds became less awkward nerds (this was probably a lesser of two evils than not letting the characters develop at all), it still continues to amuse me and make me laugh.
  • A clever title goes here!

Write a quick review to share your thoughts...
  • What's wrong with sheldon?

5.5
    Sheldon used to be the star of the show and now for the first time ever I found him dull and un funny. While the Leonard and Penny side plot was rather good, Sheldon seemed to be lifeless and dull in this episode. Playing Words with friends with Stephen hawking? Just Lazy. I feel that this season is very dull and un funny and I hope it improves