The Big Bang Theory

The Friendship Contraction

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 02, 2012 on CBS

7.7
  • Meh....

I don't know why the writers have been suppressing Sheldon in the latest episodes. Sheldon is this entire show. This episode was the worst one ever. I didn't find even one part that was remotely funny.
  • one more... bad episode..

what happened to the writers.. they are making the worst scripts...
  • Roommate Issues

This episode was alright, though not that interesting or engaging, mostly a replay of previous roommate problems. It wasn't a bad episode but just not very funny. There were a few laughs here and there. I liked Sheldon telling the comic book guy he was his 8th favorite person. The subplot of Howard getting his astronaut nickname was alright... again, not bad but not hilarious. Overall, an innocuous episode though I had hoped for more laughs.
  • Option to have Diversified

The writers could have used this episode to diversify the otherwise usual direction the script goes every episode.

After Leonard and Sheldon have this huge argument, they could have explored Leonard moving in with Penny for a while as she doesnt have a roommate and maybe even Amy moving in with Sheldon and the chaos of having a girl roommate thereby...

Somehow the writes lack the stuff which made this series brilliant in the first 4 seasons. Now it is just continuing due to the already established fan base rather than the brilliance of the comedy presented.

• 90% great! 10% disappointment

Let's be brutally honest people1

If anyone on here had Sheldon as a flatmate, they would have murdered him long ago!

Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

I loved this episode so much that the cowardly ending really hacked me off.

Here be spoilers!!!

After 5 and a half series, where Sheldon's utter disregard for anyone else but himself would have earned him a quick trip to Boot Hill, at last the worm turned and Leonard terminated the "Roommate Agreement".

Thank God, I thought! At last some growth potential for the most one dimensional character on the show.

Don't get me wrong, by the way. I think JIm Parsons as Sheldon is brilliant but the writers MUST get some way forward for him. He simply can't go on this way.

Penny had it right when she said "Sheldon, you have a girlfriend, though you don't use her for what girlfriends are for". Not even the most massive genius on the planet could fail to see the accuracy of that comment but Sheldon managed.

I particularly liked the mealtime when no one would offer to be his personal taxi driver.

I had great hopes for this episode, with Sheldon weakening and trying more and more desperate measures to get Leonard to re-sign the Roommate Agreement but was massively disappointed when Leonard "folded" at the end.

Even worse when he folded for "Leonards Day", a pathetic ploy that he should have thrown strainght back at Sheldon.

Overall, a fine episode, ruined by a "cop out" ending.

This could have been such a great opportunity for the writers but they lost their chance.
  • Leonard is tired of Sheldon's selfishness and Howard wants a cool nickname.

We take a different direction than previous episodes centered around Leonard & Penny as Leonard has had enough of Sheldon and his selfishness when he wakes him up in the middle of the night. He signs off to end the infamous Roommate Agreement which makes the two simply acquaintances instead of friends when a frustrated Leonard refuses to drive Sheldon to the dentist. In the meantime, Howard wants his astronaut buddies to give him a cool nickname that he can't give himself, so he tries getting the guys to call him "Rocket Man" by setting his ringtone to the same song by the great Elton John. However, when his video chatting friend hears his mother calling Howard for his cereal, Wolowitz earns the nickname, "Fruit Loop".

Meanwhile, Leonard is loving not being bothered by Sheldon. Until Sheldon bothers Penny. When Leonard and Penny are making out. Again. Penny's a sucker for Sheldon and gets Leonard to apologize to a lonely Sheldon who intentionally turned the electricity off in the building to get Leonard to come back. Leonard does not get many privileges but the Roommate Agreement is made into less of a deal and it was nice to see another episode of the two guys bonding, even if they're upset with each other for most of the show. Nice episode.
  • Why the negative comments?... I actually thought this episode was very funny

Leonard can't take Sheldon's continued selfishness and agrees to dissolve the Roommate Agreement. Howard wants to have a cool nickname for when he's an astronaut. I thought that this was a perfect episode of "The Big Bang Theory". I don't understand why some people are giving this episode negative or semi-negative comments. This episode wasn't half bad and it was fully hilarious and excellent with a nice storyline and well written humor. Sheldon was very cute in this episode though when he was lonely and really wanted Leonard to come back to the apartment. I know Sheldon can be a little annoying and stubborn but that is who he became and Leonard shouldn't leave him. Leonard should just talk to Sheldon about him being stubborn and all that instead of just moving out. It was also nice how Penny became a sucker for Sheldon and couldn't help make Leonard move back in with Sheldon. There were so many parts that really made me laugh in this episode but one of the parts that did crack me up (but also a little gross) was when Sheldon said that he used his pee to make water. So yeah, I really loved this episode and it's one of the best Season 5 episodes I've seen. Overall, a very funny and well written episode of "The Big Bang Theory". 10/10
  • love this ep.

i don't know why ppl complain.i love tbbt and i loved this episode it was really funny:)