The Big Bang Theory

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 02, 2012 on CBS

7.7
  • 90% great! 10% disappointment

Let's be brutally honest people1

If anyone on here had Sheldon as a flatmate, they would have murdered him long ago!

Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

I loved this episode so much that the cowardly ending really hacked me off.

Here be spoilers!!!

After 5 and a half series, where Sheldon's utter disregard for anyone else but himself would have earned him a quick trip to Boot Hill, at last the worm turned and Leonard terminated the "Roommate Agreement".

Thank God, I thought! At last some growth potential for the most one dimensional character on the show.

Don't get me wrong, by the way. I think JIm Parsons as Sheldon is brilliant but the writers MUST get some way forward for him. He simply can't go on this way.

Penny had it right when she said "Sheldon, you have a girlfriend, though you don't use her for what girlfriends are for". Not even the most massive genius on the planet could fail to see the accuracy of that comment but Sheldon managed.

I particularly liked the mealtime when no one would offer to be his personal taxi driver.

I had great hopes for this episode, with Sheldon weakening and trying more and more desperate measures to get Leonard to re-sign the Roommate Agreement but was massively disappointed when Leonard "folded" at the end.

Even worse when he folded for "Leonards Day", a pathetic ploy that he should have thrown strainght back at Sheldon.

Overall, a fine episode, ruined by a "cop out" ending.

This could have been such a great opportunity for the writers but they lost their chance.