The Big Bang Theory

The Fuzzy Boots Corollary

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 08, 2007 on CBS

• Nerds.

When Leonard sees Penny kissing a guy in front of her apartment door, he is devastated thinking she has 'rejected' him. The guys convince him to ask someone out at work, but when he tries and is brutally turned down by a geeky girl scientist named Leslie Winkle, he is even more depressed. As Leonard slips deeper into his depression (which involves thinking about buying a cat and listening to emo music), Sheldon (in an attempt to not have a cat) points out that he was not actually rejected, as he had not asked Penny out. Leonard agrees and promptly asks Penny out to dinner, but she mistakes his invite as an invitation to hang with all the guys. Despite being aware of this, Leonard keeps the date and makes up excuses as to why the guys were absent. I love the scene at the start of this episode - I love , I mean love all of their nercy ways. I love teh scene where Lenny interups Penny and then the scene after it where the boys freak out over Penny and the man she was with. I also love the scene with Lenny and Leslie. I love the scene where they talk about Sheldon being a robot. I love the dance scene - hilarious. I love teh way Lenny is sweating before his date, and I also love the restaurant scene.