The Big Bang Theory

The Gorilla Experiment

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 07, 2009 on CBS

7.8
  • Everyone is having Chinese at the guys place when Howard and Bernadette show up. It turns out Bernadette actual understands Leonard's work and asks intelligent questions. Penny gets jealous and asks Sheldon to help her understand some physics.

This show is really a great match for Two and a Half Men. Both shows just hit the mark for what they want to bring to their audiences.

This week there are two major parts to the story. First Bernadette is interested in Leonard's physics experiment so both Howard and Penny are jealous for different reasons. Howard because he is insecure and thinks Leonard is making his move. (Has he not seen Penny?) Penny because she wants to have something in common with Leonard and feel a connection to his work. Second we have Sheldon agreeing to the Gorilla Experiment which is what he is calling teaching Penny the specifics of physics.

His journal entries are always hilarious. "It started one beautiful night in Greece. The year was 600 BC." Poor Penny, she was lost from that point forward. I loved the point about Fig Newtons not coming from Issac Newton, but a small town in Massachusetts. Penny did manage to remember that. Also Sheldon's continual dig of Leonard's work. The memorized bit he got Penny to recite was a shot at Leonard trying to prove something the Dutch already did. I don't think that will ever stop.

Leonard is so nice though. He never points out the obvious flaw in Sheldon's logic. Which is why I guess their friendship really works. Leonard doesn't have the need to be right.

The scene at the sight of Leonard's experiment was pretty good as well. With Howard sort of co-groveling with both Bernadette and Leonard all the while Leonard is stating the obvious.

Very funny episode from all concerned. It's wonderful to watch the dynamics of this group. I especially like it when Penny surprises Sheldon like when she explained to Bernadette the sitting arrangement. I think that's what Leonard sees in Penny that Sheldon doesn't always. Great fun and another wonderful episode. Thanks for reading...