The Big Bang Theory

The Higgs Boson Observation

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 11, 2012 on CBS

• This episode was better than the last

Okay, this is my first time reviewing Big Bang Theory, and I'm going to say that this episode was better than the second. I missed the first, so I can't give my opinion on that. Sheldon getting an assistant and infuriating Amy sounded awesome at first. The key words here are AT FIRST. Somehow, they managed to tie in the most overused plotline of Leonard and Penny even though it was about Amy. It probably would've been ten times funnier if it focused on Amy raging on the assistant rather than Penny. But, the subplot was pretty funny.

One thing that was minor, but bothered me, was the fact that Penny said in the last episode that she wanted to break up with Leonard, then in this one she wanted to make sure that he was her's. I'm not sure if I missed something, but it got pretty confusing.

Overall, not a bad episode. I got plenty of laughs like from the beginning and the whole Howard and Bernadette subplot (and Bernadette stayed in one place during the entire episode). However, Leonard and Penny is getting redundant and we need an episode that doesn't have relationships as the main focus so we can have some funny adventures with Raj, Leonard, and Sheldon (and Howard when he returns). Overall, a 7.