The Big Bang Theory

The Itchy Brain Simulation

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 14, 2013 on CBS

• This show keeps deteriorating to a jokeless repetition

Well, it seems that I can spot a trend with TBBT and its deterioration. From episode to episode this show seems to get worse and worse.

Not only are some key elements and jokes utterly repetitive but also main characters are starting to tumble and change. Who would have known that Sheldon can be such a jerk?

I used to be a fan of this show - starting with the last season it seems though as if the whole things moves into the wrong direction. This episode can be seen as an example for this move towards the worse.

• worst episode of season 7 so far

the thing about the itchy red sweater wasn't funny at all

and above all it was a very lame episode about the pathetic Raj, who becomes more and more annoying every season....
  • Diabolical Indeed

I thought this episode was nothing short of brilliant. While it may be hard to put up with Sheldon, it is definitely much harder to be Sheldon.
  • If I wait long enough, this could be a teaching lesson!

Sheldon's own comment and after six and a half years, I've learned something.

Sheldon Cooper, it seems, is a mean, cruel, unfeeling little "Man-boy" that doesn't realise, even with a planet sized IQ, what it is to have real friends.

In Leonards position, I would have throttled Sheldon on the spot, after the "reveal" of his out and out treachery.

A prank is one thing but to turn your BFF into a crazed lobster for days is a whole other ball o' wax.

Sorry but I agree with other reviewers here. The writers made a real error of judgement with Sheldon in this ep.

Otherwise, did I laugh?

Yes I did.

Quite a few funny moments interspersed among the cruelty, in particular Penny v Lucy was excellent.

Say what you will about her but when she commits she goes all the way and her defense of Raj was awesome.

However, I was a bit sad about Lucy seeing someone else and I hope her character can come back, at some stage.

Loved Raj's see-saw reactions to Penny.

I'm giving this ep a six, probably my lowest ever for TBBT but I simply cannot stand what the writers did to Sheldon's character this week.

So disappointed!
  • unfortunately... a very bad episode

What happened? What did they do? Fire the writers responsible for the good stuff? I love the show and I love the characters... but this episode was mediocre at best.
  • Disappointed

Sheldon has often been clueless, but this was just cruel. It wasn't about "Walking a mile in my shoes" as much as it was vindictively teaching a lesson that didn't need to be taught. His brain might give him itchy fits, but he passes that pain on to all who know him, and they put up with it all out of friendship, especially Leonard (this really flies in the face of that nice speech he gave about them needing each other).
  • Love it

the best part from this episode was "I need an engineer;s opinion " part.. by Sheldon

hahahaha
  • For the first time, Leonard experiences what Sheldon has felt all his life.

The Big Bang Theory is easily the best comedy on TV right now, and the fact that it has not lost its edge is very telling.

All of these characters stand out for various reasons, but we all know who stands out the most. There's no denying that Sheldon Cooper is, to say the least, something else. I'm not sure what to think of him half the time. He's not exactly the most relatable guy on TV psychologically-wise. His friends put up with him because they're used to him. He shares many interests with the guys, and his genius cannot be ignored.

Yet, I look at the bad things he's done and there have been so many times that I would love to see someone knock his teeth out. The 5th and 6th seasons saw him become even more of an asshole than ever. "The Parking Spot Escalation" is the best example when Howard gets Sheldon's parking space - which Sheldon never used a day in his life - and Sheldon starts a war that leads to Amy breaking Penny's nose and Howard apologizing. Howard got to keep the space but Sheldon emerged from that conflict no better than before. It wasn't about the space, but rather Sheldon's rage that Howard - who has no - is more high-profile than him because he's an astronaut.

Sheldon sees himself as superior to everyone around him and he expects them to cater to his every whim.

Why is this guy so popular? I'll tell you. It's who he is. Sheldon is constantly frustrated by the world around him and his inability to understand things that come so easy for the rest of us. He needs serious lessons in empathy and humility. Oh, and for some reason he hasn't hit puberty yet. Anybody else feel bad for Amy?

Leonard got a taste of the constant frustration that his BFF feels on a daily basis in the form of an itchy red sweater. Leonard can take it off, but Sheldon can't.

The best way for the series to stay fresh is with stories like this, those that show Sheldon in a sympathetic light. He's still a royal prick, but maybe he can be saved. Who knows?

Leonard learned a lesson, but so did Raj, who finally got the closure he deserved. Upon seeing Lucy at work, Penny decided to lay into her for the very cowardly way she dumped Raj, which led to her leaving in tears. This however set up a meeting between the ex-couple, but this could be the last time we see Lucy, since she's seeing someone else, but Raj now knows he has to move on, with hilarious results.

Penny, it's a little hard to like you sometimes. You're a little full of yourself and while you're much better at seeing your own flaws than Sheldon, you gotta try harder. You've been a waitress for years yet when your friends want food, you blow it really bad.

The show wants to help us see that Sheldon is not completely the apathetic egomaniac people see him as, but he still has a long, long way to go.

Now, when will we see Amy give her BF an itchy red sweater equivalent so that he can feel her frustration?