The Big Bang Theory

The Lizard-Spock Expansion

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 2008 on CBS

7.8
  • Life on Mars

I really disliked Stephanie as a character, but for this being a Howard episode, I actually really enjoyed it. It didn't really go anywhere and I'm betting we don't see her again except to break it off with Leonard, but seeing Penny's reaction was great and having the constant games of RPS-LS was a good diffuser. Not the best episode but not the worst, either.
  • Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock

This is the quintessential Big Bang Theory episode. I thought that the Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock sequences were of course classic. However, the DEFCON 5 vs. DEFCON 1 correlation to the Star Trek movies was some of the best writing in the episode.

I actually liked the fact that this episode was not about Sheldon. We need to see the other characters grow. I also liked how they addressed Penny & Leonard's "dating." It was nice to see her look genuinely happy for him. Good show!! Also, any episode that can slip "Babylon 5" in has got to be good.

A good episode overall but it's nowhere near as good as what we've been getting as of late. But I think it's a good think to take time to focus on other characters like Howard. I guess it's good not to get a Sheldon overload. My favorite scene of the episode was definitely between Leonard & Penny in the laundry room, finally we get somewhat development in their relationship.

As for the laughs, Sheldon brought most of them of course. But I actually found myself laughing at Howard's voice messages even though it was over used by the end. Leonard getting a girlfriend is just what he needed and it was nice development, also Leslie wasn't in the episode so that was a huge plus. A predictable ending though, and things stayed the same by the end, this episode is good for a few laughs, but really nothing more.
  • It was ok.

A girl Wolowitz has a major crush on falls for Leonard . Sheldon tries to improve rock - paper - scissors. The episode wasn't the best but it was still what you come to expect from this unique sitcom. The episode did have its moments for example Sheldon's Rock - paper - scissors idea that was the best recurring joke in the episode . overal this episode was not the best episode we have seen of the show it was a bit slow and it lacked those funny moments on the show so I give it a 8.0 out of 10.
  • Wolowitz can be funny too!

What we've got here is an experiment that has shown to have a lot of potential. While Wolowitz has shown that he can be funny too, sans his lewd jokes, Sheldon has done his usual bit to make this a memorable installment.

I honestly didn't expect a Wolowitz-centric episode. We had a Raj-centric episode, that didn't work out well. But this one just pulled it off. Raj had a good share of lines this time, and he given us some funny scenes. Barring all the kissing and lovemaking, this one would go down as one of the best installments of this season.
  • Leonard starts dating someone Howard likes.

Did you know there actually is a game rock paper scissors lizard spock? Unfortunately there was not enough Sheldon in this episode. When he did get time he excelled such as his explaining of Wolowitz' claim that Leonard was dead to him or his attempt to lie about Leonard "being at the office".

This episode was actually pretty hyped as it was the return to comedy TV for Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect). But I do not think anybody could say it lived up to any hype. We got the usual funny lines you can expect from The Big Bang Theory but overall this was less than perfect (horrible pun intended).