The Big Bang Theory

The Locomotion Manipulation

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 06, 2014 on CBS

• Osculation v Locomotion? Hmmm !

As other reviewers have said, it's long gone time that the writers got things under way on the show as it's in great danger of stagnation.

Whatever the "stick in the mud" viewers think, a show MUST progress if it's to stay fresh in peoples minds.

This episode must have been seriously guarded from disclosure as the WTF moment was stellar when it happened but in some ways it saddened me as much as it blew me away.

Amy as usual, had to force Sheldon into recognizing his character flaws but at least this time, his childish temper tantrum resulted in a sweet kiss that the "Shamy" shippers have been waiting for forever.

Sadly, for me, it also showed how little it takes for poor Amy to yet again accept her lot with Sheldon when what he really needs is a solid kick in the crotch to see if his gonads can be brutalized into life.

The guy who played Sheldon's train lover buddy was super and I'm surprised Amy didn't just slug him a couple of times.

In other areas, it seems the writers have taken on board some of the comments being made about Penny drinking seemingly non stop and mentioned it in passing on the show.

I really hope they aren't going to turn her into a drunk, get her into rehab, etc. It is, after all, primarily a comedy show and I doubt there's much scope in rehab for gags.

Stand out performance this week has to be Raj, a character I've had little or no affection for, for ages exploding in the Vet's office at Leonard and Penny, coming across as a loveable wimp but still possbly getting the girl.

Personally, I'd like to see Lucy back in the show as her quirky personality better suits the nature of the show. I like the vulnerability of her character and she would help balance up the situation as is, with Penny surrounded by brainboxes.