The Big Bang Theory

The Love Car Displacement

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 20, 2011 on CBS

7.8
  • Not bad, but not great either.

5.5
    "The Love Car Displacement" is a decent enough episode in my mind, but there were certain lines that I thought really did not work. The problem with The Big Bang Theory is that, yes, Sheldon is going to have some brilliant lines almost every week, but a lot of the jokes are going to be really stupid and will leave you scratching your head as to how this show has captivated America the way it has.

Rick Fox, there were so many potential things you could do with him on this show, but this is not what I wanted to see him used for. Too much of a later season Two and a Half Men storyline in my mind.

I laughed, but Bang's slump continues in my mind.
  • Sheldon: I need to sleep here tonight. Raj: Why? Sheldon: Howard is a complete total ass, Bernadette is in Penny's bed, Amy bites, and Penny may or may not have coitus with Leonard. Raj: .......Ok, come on in.

So here, the gang goes on to a sciene symposium on a spa resort.

Ok, so at the Cheesecake Factory, Amy invites Penny to the symposium, as she is Amy's "bestie". Penny doens't wanna go at first, but after hearing it's on a spa, she agrees to go. Then in the cars, (Car A: Leonard, Shel, Amy & Penny - Car B - Wolowitz, Bernie & Raj), the Car A Shedlon comments how he is "Road Trip God" and Penny confronts him, ending up in car B.

Later that evening, Howard & Bernie ran up to Glenn (not Quagmire). Howard is then worried that his sexual performance won't be comparable with Glenn's and that starts a whole room shifiting extravaganza. With Amy & Bernie in one room, Howard alone, Raj & Sheldon & Leonard & penny. Penny & Leonard almost re-hook up (it was gonna be only a one time thing) when Shel returns.

Later, at the conference (Sciene & Socitety) all conflicts come together with Bernie & Howard arguing, Raj & Amy talking about penises, and Penny going home iwht Glenn. The episode ends with the police chasing car A as Leonard's anger makes him driver very fast.

Overall: It was an awesome episode, full or comedy and the whole gang got a chance to shine. This deserves a 9.5/10.
  • Still love it, but ... (spoilers)

One thing is for sure, you can still look forward to every episode, and you will get great entertainment for the next half hour.
    All the characters are fun to watch, and you can sense that the actors are having a good time recording this show.

But.

There are several episodes in the first two seasons that you can watch over and over again, and each time they get even better. Sadly, in seasons three and four, only a handful of episodes are that good. This weeks episode is no exception - I really don't think I am going to watch it again after I am done writing this review.

So what is wrong?

Well, the focus of the show has shifted. It is no longer a show about some nerdy geniuses. Leonard and Howard now appear like rather regular guys now. Sheldon is still the same as ever, but does not get much opportunity to show it anymore. And Raj is totally screwed, what with now three girls around, he hardly gets a chance to say anything anymore. The "whisper into Howards ear"-gag is a funny running gag, but is now overused.

I don't want to be mean, but I don't think that Bernadette or Amy have all that many fans, so it might be a good idea to push them into the background a little more.
  • Mixed feelings on and off screen.

It seems to be a compilation of several things, and oddly the same thing that rang true in one respect didn't in the other. My indifference is complicated to put into words, i'll do my best. To begin with, Amy still refuses to make me laugh, that's fairly strait forward. But my main issue is the uneven drama that basically is neglected for average jokes. While there was conflict and tension with Howard and Bernadette, it was such a forced escapade which really as only there to chew up a few minutes of time and set in motion a game of musical hotel rooms. The envy and level of attractiveness argument was rather dull and ridden, even if comparing male genitals to large missile weaponry was funny, it didn't condone the blatant character development flaws in the initial plot line which I might add, never really resolved itself, but instead abruptly ended and without paying off the very points they gave to the audience. I know this might be a lot to ask from a sitcom, but I think lower the standard just because the show makes you laugh is unjustified.
    But if a show's sole purpose is to make me laugh and forget the characters, then I'm essentially watch stand up and i'm wasting my time.

On the other hand, Penny and Leonard finally talking things out was actually funny and heartfelt at the same time, If they whole episode had been as well played out as the bed room scene, I might have enjoyed it more, but the fact they let Penny and Leonard undo the progress made here was kinda disappointing and gratifying at all once. I've been pro Penny and Leonard all the time, they're just funnier that way. It's the refusal to make a firm stand as to where the relationship is that frustrates me, they seem to be avoiding each other the past season, and when they do, it's kind of subtle resentment.

I gotta they tho that the Sheldon thought penny would up hold the oath Leonard made up was very funny, and the change of scenery was great.
  • **Possiable Spoiler** TBBT was and has been a programme i have to watch ether daily or weekly. But as i have been watching i feared the comments i have been reading were becoming true. **Possiable Spoiler**

Leonard and the gang are invited to a spa and ask penny to join them. Sheldon being his normal self vote himself as head something or other which again just about upsets everyone apart from are new girl Amy, Raj still cant talk for more or less of the episode being ether in the same car as Bernadette or sharing a room with Penny. Howard again puts his foot in it with his stunning girlfriend by becoming jealous of one of her ex-boyfriends Guest Staring Rick Fox. I Love Penny have done since day one but we have all seen in the past episodes that she still has feelings for leonard, so ending up sharing a room with him was going to start something i feel sorry for the guy having to see his ex around everytime her choosing when and where thier friendship can grow again, The best part i thought was when he tell penny how many girlfriends he has had since her which is like three to her none.

I Think We Have A Ross/Rachel Starter Right Here But Best Episode Yet Of Season 4 Guys/Girls You Cant Miss This One.

A vast improvement to the last episode an overall improvement to the season in general. I don't know about anyone else, but I've become a fan to the new additions to the cast as of this episode (Bernadette, Amy), but Amy for the most part. In the beginning of the season, I was quite unsure about her, but hell, she's definitely loads better than Leslie from season 1-3.

The conference was absolutely hysterical, and I loved how Penny shouted out and interrupted them and it somehow managed to tie up with Rick Fox's character. I couldn't care less about Howard & Bernadette, but the room switching and car games were fun.

I'm also liking the will they-won't they feel this show has been giving lately regarding Penny & Leonard. Great installment.
  • Better than the recent BBT.

Out of the Big Bang theory that's aired this year, I've found myself laughing less and less than I did the previous 3 seasons. This weeks episode was an improvement over previous ones, and I found myself laughing more in general than alot one time. This is good, because it's usually a fart, or dirty joke in bad taste that I find hilarious, while that was all I laughed at, so getting more jokes that deserve laughs are an improvement for me.

As for the episode, Sheldon was his usual, "stand out from everyone else," self. Howard and Raj need to gain more depth than the lucky jew and the secret but not so secret gay guy. And Penny, Bernadette, and Amy are fine in my book. All in all, I turned my TV off with content, but there's no way they can keep this up for 3 more years. I'm already fed up with half the cast. They're no Charlie, Alan or Jake. This show needs to step up and quit while people are still watching it without hating it.