The Big Bang Theory

The Love Car Displacement

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 20, 2011 on CBS

7.8
  • Still love it, but ... (spoilers)

One thing is for sure, you can still look forward to every episode, and you will get great entertainment for the next half hour.
    All the characters are fun to watch, and you can sense that the actors are having a good time recording this show.

But.

There are several episodes in the first two seasons that you can watch over and over again, and each time they get even better. Sadly, in seasons three and four, only a handful of episodes are that good. This weeks episode is no exception - I really don't think I am going to watch it again after I am done writing this review.

So what is wrong?

Well, the focus of the show has shifted. It is no longer a show about some nerdy geniuses. Leonard and Howard now appear like rather regular guys now. Sheldon is still the same as ever, but does not get much opportunity to show it anymore. And Raj is totally screwed, what with now three girls around, he hardly gets a chance to say anything anymore. The "whisper into Howards ear"-gag is a funny running gag, but is now overused.

I don't want to be mean, but I don't think that Bernadette or Amy have all that many fans, so it might be a good idea to push them into the background a little more.