The Big Bang Theory

The Luminous Fish Effect

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 15, 2007 on CBS

• We meet Sheldon's Mom who is a loveable, zany character and a total scream. The writers did a wonderful job on her character and the actress who played the part was fabulous. Sheldon is his usual hysterically funny eccentric self.

This is fast becoming my favorite show. This episode is soooo funny and the characters are all written and cast so perfectly Good writing. Good cast.

Sheldon is just so clueless when it comes to social skills. Gets himself fired because he is so arrogant (in a nonchalant way) about his intelligence when he insults his boss. Then we get to see him totally lose focus and start experimenting with eggs and making fish glow in the dark.

Penny and Sheldon talk a completely different language. He just about drives her crazy shopping with her. Just about drives his roommate nuts so the roommate calls Sheldon's mother to help him re-focus.

You can see some of the mother's personality in Sheldon. She is so "matter of fact" and truly a unique character herself yet she is so different because she is so sensible. The whole show is just refreshing and sooo funny. I was rofl. Love this show!