The Big Bang Theory

The Luminous Fish Effect

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 15, 2007 on CBS

• Cool.

Sheldon is fired from his job as a physicist at the university when he insults his (in his opinion less-gifted) new boss Dr. Eric Gablehauser (Mark Harelik). His change of circumstance sends him into a downward spiral of depression which Leonard tries to cure by sending for Sheldon's mom (Laurie Metcalf). When she arrives for a visit, the boys realize she is completely the opposite from what they expected. She is down-to-earth, sweet, and a devout Christian ("All that science stuff comes from Jesus"). After waiting it out his mother finally forces Sheldon to apologize and he is given his job back, after she flirts with Dr. Gablehauser (she is apparently widowed). Sheldon asks if Dr. Gablehauser will be his new daddy and his mother replies, "We'll see..." I love this show already, it is so interesting and of course it's a very funny and clever show. I always love the scenes in the stairway of their apartment and outside the doors. I find what the characters talk about interesting and it's always something nerdy. I love all the characters in this show they are all awesome in a different way. Some awesome scenes in this episode: Sheldon and Lenny especially, when Penny and Sheldon go food shopping, - hilarious. I love all Sheldon's experiments and also the scenes with Sheldon and his mother.