The Big Bang Theory

The Lunar Excitation

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 24, 2010 on CBS

7.1
  • What Have We Done

I've been waiting for this character introduction for ages, and it was a glorious, beautiful thing. The Penny/Leonard awkwardness isn't that great to watch as it crashes and burns, but I hold onto hope that they'll find their way back together. Really enjoyed this finale!
  • Season 3 Finale

I don't know about you guys, but I liked it. Everyone's saying that there wasn't that much excitement on tonight's finale, but really, how is it different from the past 2 finales? First season finale: Penny & Leonard go on their first date. Second season finale: Leonard leaves the country and Penny realizes she has feelings for Leonard. Season 3 Finale: Sheldon possibly gets a girlfriend, and Leonard & Penny have a "relapse."

The excitation has never been incredibly high when it came to Big Bang Theory finales, and really this episode was no different, but it was still a good episode, and I actually found myself really wanting to see the next episode. We got substantial development, and I'm sure this episode could hold me over for the next couple of months.

The cold opening was hysterical, with all of them up on the roof with Penny's new boyfriend, just a great funny scene. Overall, good season finale.
  • Season Finale

Hey, at least it wasn't as bad as the Two and a Half Men finale. It has that to look forward to.

Mayim Bialik was revealed as Sheldon's possible girlfriend at the end of the episode. This is a key role for the show and I think it is good casting. She's been on Til Death and The Secret Life of the American Teenager as of late, but I do not expect this to be a long-running thing. Still, their first "date" should provide some laughs.

The problem with The Big Bang Theory right now, is really the same problem with the show for the past year plus: it's all Sheldon. Raj and Howard did not say a funny thing all night, and you all know my feelings on Leonard by now. They need a new member of the cast, but when the ratings are as high as they are right now shows tend to not shake things up, despite the effect it might have on the quality.
  • You won't feel much EXCITATION over this(spoiler alert!).

The main problem of the entire show is that part of the premise is based on the LEONARD & PENNY relationship,because they'll be on and off many times over the years.Each time they get together it will have less and less impact.The same with each time they break up.

I used to think the crew couldn't handle 2 shows at the same time(TWO AND A HALF MEN).They can.How?They used to repeat jokes between the two.Now,they have added the "loser" storylines for LEONARD just like with ALAN HARPER.I'm probably the only one that dislikes it,since it must get good reception in order to be used over and over.This time,they crossed the line.I'm very much convinced the laughs were pre-recorded.Would you laugh at LEONARD for being that much sad,and for PENNY getting away with it?

Ignoring all that,there were laughs,mainly from PENNY's date.Other highlights include the LESLIE cameo(I thought she'd never be back)and finally discovering that SHELDON is into girls thanks to his new...whatever they are.Although it wasn't that shocker considering how catholic his mom is.Keep an eye.He could still be bi.
  • Howard and Raj try to find the perfect match for Sheldon by setting him up on an Internet dating site. Seeing her moronic new boyfriend interact with the gang makes it abundantly clear to Penny that she can't go back to dating stereotypical dumb jocks.

I was really upset by this season finale nothing really exciting happens in this episode.
    The Penny and Leonard storyline was funny. And it was nice to see how much their relationship change them;
    The experiment made by the gang with the moon was a funny part with Penny's new boyfriend who was really excited about this but did not understand a thing of what they were doing! This episode shows us a new face of Penny: she is not that 'blond' that she looks like and she has learned a lot of things by staying with the boys.

The part with the Internet dating was funny too because everybody wasn't expecting that they found the perfect match for Sheldon : a girl just like him!!! I hope she will come back next season.

This episode was nice but not good enough for a season finale!
  • minimal excitation season finale

A pretty fair episode that picks up where the staircase implementation left off. Leonard is heartbroken over Penny yet tries to find ways to get back with her. Penny has moved on essentially yet finds it hard to go back to dating dumb jocks. Raj and Howard conspire to get Sheldon a date on an online dating site while Sheldon merely plays observer to the events that unfold.
    In its defense, the episode has quite a few good laughs. Wolowitz and Raj provided a strong comic element with their constant narrative. Penny's boyfriend was pretty funny as the dumb jock.
    It would seem the weakest link in the chain was Penny and Leonard. Their interactions do little to further the plot except maybe throw Leonard from a state of sadness to a state of despair. There is too little development in any form. Sheldon was convincing as observer in these tales. he views all and plays no part till finally he is forced to meet his online match via a disgusting sock. And the ending is pretty nice, also showcasing how much raj and Wolowitz have come to understand Sheldon over their years together. Definitely watchable.