The Big Bang Theory

The Ornithophobia Diffusion

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 10, 2011 on CBS

• Leonard/Penny plot lowered my score a little

Sheldon tries to cure his phobia of birds, while Leonard and Penny experiment with hanging out alone. I thought that this was a great episode of "The Big Bang Theory". It was very funny... well, at least just Sheldon's plot and it was well written for the most part. My score was only a little low because I thought the Leonard/Penny plot wasn't very funny or amusing. The only time I did laugh at the Leonard/Penny plot was when they were both arguing with each other and Penny would say something like Leonard wears his Star Trek costumes or when Leonard said something like that Penny was going to get a movie role as a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory. That's like the only funny part in that plot. As for the Sheldon plot, I laughed so hard watching that plot. Sheldon just trying to overcome his fear of the blue jay bird was hilarious. The cameo appearances of Raj and Howard were very funny. It was also funny when Amy and Bernadette helped Sheldon overcome his fear. Sheldon loving the blue jay bird was funny and cute. It was also hilarious when the blue jay bird flew out the window and then Sheldon would say "Come back so I can love you" and more stuff like that made me laugh so hard. I also laughed at the very ending when Sheldon told Leonard "Guess what? I'm going to be a mommy"... that part was drop dead hilarious to me. Overall, a great episode of "The Big Bang Theory" minus the Penny/Leonard plot would have made it an excellent episode... great score is still good though. 8.5/10