The Big Bang Theory

The Pirate Solution

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 12, 2009 on CBS

7.8
  • Very funny, very entertaining episode.

Very good episode with Raj as the central character. Raj, up for deportation needs a new job. After several unsuccessful attempts, including one with where he hits on a female co-worker resulting in a "complaint", after he realizes he cannot talk to her and drinks several glasses of alcohol. Sheldon finally offers him a job. However, it turns out to be a comedic matching. Indeed, Sheldon doesn't even offer him the job right away, just a chance to get the job, interviewing him in the process. However, when the two get together, a hilarious scene (possibly one of the best sequences I have seen in a while) takes place where they squabble over the theorems of physics to the tune of Eye of the Tiger (Rocky theme). After days of work - where you can actually see the beard growth on Sheldon a little - Raj cracks and quits. Later, without even sorting their differences, they agree to work together again. Sheldon however, immediately asks for a ride home (so typical for Sheldon! but genius!)

Meanwhile, Penny and Leonard are stepping up their love life. But Howard becomes a third wheel. After almost leaving to hang out with his mother, Lenny and Penny decide that Howard can stay but that they also need some time alone. Their scenes were also pretty funny. I liked the back and forth between these three and Sheldon and Raj.

I have to say, this was a great episode all around. It was entertaining, funny, original. Sheldon funny as usual and Raj steps it up in this episode, showing that he too can be funny when he's not inhibited by females in the room. However, the female-in-the-room thing is kind of getting old, and I kinda wish it would just be done with. Either way, I love this show and this episode was very funny and well done.