The Big Bang Theory

The Precious Fragmentation

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 08, 2010 on CBS

7.6
  • An instant classic. The boys stop and buy a box of junk instead of dinner and find what they believe is one of the original rings that was a prop from Lord of the Rings. A major problem about ownership ensues. An instant classic.

A predictable and humorous episode of The Big Bang Theory. The boys find all sorts of "treasures" in this box they paid $60! dollars for from a yard sale.

The key plot device is the finding of this ring from the movie. After studying it, Howard's "dangerous" friend announces to him that this is from the original movie. This was that was one of the nine props for the movie. Three were given as gifts and the other six were destroyed. Of course we find out one was stolen before it could be destroyed and this is that ring. Of course you know with these four nothing good is going to come of this. In the end Penny holds it for safe keeping. You had to love the references to the "first piece of jewelry my boyfriend gives me" and "I should date dumb guys from the gym" or my favorite, "I'm going to go peruse E-Harmony on my computer!" I especially enjoyed the results of Sheldon trying to steal the ring from her in the night and his explanation of this not being the first time he was beat up by a girl!

A fun episode with a lot of whimsy. Well played and written. This episode should be fun to watch again and again. Thanks for reading...