The Big Bang Theory

The Prestidigitation Approximation

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 10, 2011 on CBS

• THE PRESTIDIGITATION APPROXIMATION...

I doubt that I would be the only person who never suspected that slapstick would be what was missing from The Big Bang Theory, but it turns out that it kind of was. Taking a break from the usual attempts at long worded technobabble and simply reverting to a basic premise to further the plot was a nice change of pace for The Big Bang Theory that I welcome with open arms.

The episode centered around two plots: one being Sheldon's inability to understand a card trick and the other being Priya wanting Leonard to distance himself from Penny as she obviously sees her as a threat. Getting to see Sheldon knocked off of his high horse of knowledge is always welcome and brings out a great side of Jim Parsons in his acting, but the best part of the episode is what it has set up for the rest of the season. It wasn't particularly emotional but now that Leonard and Penny have parted ways somewhat it is bound to be the catalyst that will ultimately drive the show to some point. Namely their reconciliation. Throw in Johnny Galecki walking into people, walls and doors throughout the episode and you've got yourself a pretty reasonable episode of The Big Bang Theory!