The Big Bang Theory

The Recombination Hypothesis

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 19, 2012 on CBS

• Unexpected

I have got to say that I was disapointed with the episode from a character building viewpoint, while I thought it was pretty good as comedy.

***Spoiler alert***

Really, yet another "dream sequence"? Surely this has been done to death by now?

I would have much prefered that we had known all the way through that this was a "what if" scenario in Leonards imagination, rather than a "Bobby Ewing in the shower" type thing.

At least that way I would have enjoyed better, the ups and downs of the "new" relationship.

I should point out that I am VERY much in favour of the "Geek shall inherit the Earth"; in this case, the Earth being Penny.

I also think Sheldon should be careful, as the way it's going, Amy has more chance of bedding Penny than he has!!!

The card game was brilliant and I'm sure I saw Jim Parsons almost losing it a couple of times.

However, while the episode was funny, it seems the writers are seriously struggling for a way forward. If things continue this way, poor Raj will be left in the cold with three couples on the go (assuming Leonard and Penny get back together, as the very last scene indicated).

Mind you, I can easily see Howard and Bernadette breaking up as he is so much a "Mummies boy", he'll never leave his Mum. If this happens, I really hope we don't lose Bernadette as she is superb.

Anyway, I really do hope things improve soon.