The Big Bang Theory

The Roommate Transmogrification

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 19, 2011 on CBS

• Very interesting.

All in all, I loved it, especially:

* The jaw-dropping surprise ... though it was expected judging from its previous scene. Too Monica and Chandler in my book.

* Cliffhanger(s).

* The opening scene - love their wit and Sheldon's fitting (by mere serendipity) remarks, which are funny because they're true.

* The way Penny's each time more merged with the group ... in more ways than one. You can tell how close they are to each other.

* It was pretty much an ensemble - they all got screentime and appropriate storylines, and wonderful interaction.

* Nice to see how much Leonard had to put up with, sometimes you take those things for granted ... oops, I just started wondering what Saw trap would Sheldon be put in ... but I digress...

But there are some things I didn't like, TBH (which aren't sufficient to give the episode less than its well-deserved ten, though), such as:

* Amy being reduced to a laptop character, just like Raj's parents. It's getting old.

* 'Heard but not seen' stopped being funny since Maris (Frasier), to say the least.

* Why doesn't Howard simply GET a PhD? He can make enough time and he can surely pay its tuition - what sort of expenses does a man who lives with his mum have?