The Big Bang Theory

The Rothman Disintegration

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 16, 2012 on CBS

7.6
  • Yet another fine episode.

While the series as a whole will struggle to reach the high point of the Halloween episode, I certainly think the writers have stepped up significantly over the earlier shows lacklustre performances.

___Spoiler zone ahead___

I love the way the writers get Kripce to wind Sheldon up so well but in this episode, I felt they made a fundamental error about the "contest" for the spare office.

Raj asked what the two were equally "bad" at and they replied "sports".

Sorry guys but as I've mentioned before, fans of this show who write reviews, are likely to be "geeks" as well and since I'm guilty as charged, it annoys me that the writers can make silly mistakes like this.

If you remember, not that long ago, when Sheldon tried to become Kripce's friend to gain favour, they ended up rock climbing which, to my mind, would indicate that Kripce IS a sportsman of sorts.

Therefore his abjectly pathetic showing on the basketball court was obviously wrong.

I also felt the basketball scene went on too long.

However, the scene stealers this episode were Amy and Penny with the enormous and very expensive picture causing chaos with the girls.

Given that Amy herself mentions their heterosexual nature, I'm wondering how far this can be taken before it becomes untenable.

I really believe the writers should concentrate on getting some Humanity into Sheldon.

Anyway a fine, if not great, episode and I'm looking forward to next week.