The Big Bang Theory

The Santa Simulation

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 13, 2012 on CBS

• Good, but not great...

Definitely some witty humor in this one, and overall an enjoyable episode, however a negative recurring factor is the re-use of several previous jokes to the point of annoyance, including (but not limited to) Sheldon's resentment of Christmas, (Season 2, Episode 11: "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis") Leonard's family's unusual Christmas traditions, (same episode) and Stuart's health/depression issues, (various episodes) just to name a FEW. Needless to say, as has been evident for several episodes, not nearly enough effort was put into this season as was in previous ones. The Big Bang Theory will forever remain one of my absolute favorite sitcoms of all time, regardless of how the writing quality decreases. Ultimately, the characters are still the same ones we fell in love with at the start of the series, if a bit more matured, and always will be, so long as the writers are careful and respectful enough to write intelligently and attentively for them. I personally believe that they were a little TOO careful this season, and that's why the series has minimally suffered. Nevertheless, I will always be a loyal viewer. Or maybe not. BAZINGA!