The Big Bang Theory

The Shiny Trinket Maneuver

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 2012 on CBS

• Continuity in Australia

I love TBBT and have watched almost every episode but on Free to air TV channel Nine the new series began with the airing of Episode 12. I find this decision ridiculous. TBBT episodes evolve from one episode to the next and throwing in an episode from the middle of a series as the first episode is just plain stupid IMHO.
  • The Life of Australian Inhabitants

Deapite the claim of many contributors - the Koala is a bare... it does not wear clothes.

Perhaps that is why it carries so many STD's
  • love sheldon and amy

the part sheldon and amy is good... and penny always trying to help get these 2 together..

Howard and Bernadette's not much impressing..
  • Writers getting sloppy

I'm a huge Big Bang Theory fan - thanks to the two people who noticed the problems with Sheldon and Bernadette in this episode. Sheldon would never say Koala Bear - Sheldon would CORRECT someone who said Koala Bear. Koala's are not bears - they are marsupials. And I also noticed the inconsistency with Bernadette and the previous episode where she stated she knew how to deal with children.

The writers have been bad this year - there was another episode with Sheldon dancing. Sheldon has said in at least 2 episodes that he doesn't know how to dance and there is no conceivable universe where he is dancing.

Yes - I'm a nerd, too :)
  • not a bad episode..

sheldon's part is always cool..
  • Strange Behaviour

My only real complaint with this episode was that Sheldon seemed out of character. The actor seemed like he was sick or just in a bad mood. Strange I know but his mood didn't really seem to match his actions. I prefer Sheldon when he's oblivious to human emotion. :)
  • The Shiny Trinket Maneuver

In this episode, Sheldon said "koala bear," when in fact he should have said "koala." Many people make that mistake. It does look a little like a bear, but it is not a bear. It is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial. I was surprised that they made that mistake. Since I don't know anything about theoretical physics, I take it that they get that information correct.
  • Sheldon gets in some trouble with Amy and Howard comes upon a problem when Bernadette says she's not looking forward to children.

This was a solid episode. It wasn't Season 5's best, but I like how it revisited Howard and Bernadette's engagement, plus it was really Sheldon and Amy's first storyline as a couple. Howard says he wants children once they get married, which finally the writers are talking about again. Bernadette admits herself not only is she not good with children, which is apparent in the episode, but she does not want kids. After a scene at Howard's relative's birthday party, Bernadette and Howard "agree" that Howard could stay home with the kids and she could continue working, although this was likely just a joke. Meanwhile, we finally get to see Sheldon and Amy interact together as a couple. Sheldon gets in trouble when Amy announces a great accomplishment, but like Sheldon, I didn't pay attention to what it was either. This leads to another one of Sheldon and Penny's adventures, which I love. And finally, they paired the boys and girls with each other, while as of late, a lot of the episodes had a guys' storyline and a girls' storyline. Anyway, the two go to a jewelry store, Sheldon makes Amy cry of joy by buying her a tiara, ultimately forgiving him. Once again, Raj doesn't have a plot, and neither does Leonard this time around. But still, good all-around episode.
  • nothing special

it was a really confusing episode for me, i remember another episode where sheldon isnt sleeping thinking of his work and bernardette treated him like a child and send him to his room, she said she likes kids or that she deals well with them because her mom use to run an illegal daycare on their basement. i know, i am a nerd :)
  • I thought that this episode was great but I can understand why some users gave it a very low score

Sheldon finds himself in hot water when he doesn't appreciate Amy's recent accomplishment. Howard discovers Bernadette doesn't interact well with children. I thought that this was a great episode of "The Big Bang Theory". It wasn't the best episode of Season 5 but it was definitely a little better than the previous episode. My problems with this episode was that Bernadette was getting a little annoying and I know some users were irritated how she doesn't like kids and that she doesn't add humor and make the show any better. For a character, she is decent but she isn't my favorite though. It was pretty funny when she was yelling at the kids at the birthday party though when she and Howard were trying to perform a magic trick. Sheldon was also a little annoying as well and I didn't like how was paying attention to Amy near the beginning of the episode. The parts that did make me laugh were Bernadette yelling at the kids (as I just finished mentioning), whatever lines that Raj said in this episode, Amy being super happy and excited about Sheldon getting her a tiara, and some more. This episode did have its flaws but it's great for the most part yet it is irritating in a way because with the whole Howard/Bernadette thing and I didn't like how Bernadette would handle her whole "children" thing which was that Howard would stay home and take care of their child while Bernadette is out and enjoying life. Overall, a great episode of "The Big Bang Theory" but I do understand why some users gave this episode a very low score. 8.5/10
  • The Shiny Trinket Maneuver

What kind of genius refers to Koalas as "Koala bears".
  • The Shiny Trinket Maneuver

Just for a minute I thought that there was a chance that this could have been the end of Bernadette on the show....if only it were true. Her annoying screeching, her yelling at kids, it is not funny, nothing they can do with that character is funny.

Sheldon did have a few good lines, but his storyline was nothing that spectacular either. Bang has really turned into a nerdy Friends, and I didn't like that show either.