The Big Bang Theory

The Shiny Trinket Maneuver

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • Sheldon gets in some trouble with Amy and Howard comes upon a problem when Bernadette says she's not looking forward to children.

This was a solid episode. It wasn't Season 5's best, but I like how it revisited Howard and Bernadette's engagement, plus it was really Sheldon and Amy's first storyline as a couple. Howard says he wants children once they get married, which finally the writers are talking about again. Bernadette admits herself not only is she not good with children, which is apparent in the episode, but she does not want kids. After a scene at Howard's relative's birthday party, Bernadette and Howard "agree" that Howard could stay home with the kids and she could continue working, although this was likely just a joke. Meanwhile, we finally get to see Sheldon and Amy interact together as a couple. Sheldon gets in trouble when Amy announces a great accomplishment, but like Sheldon, I didn't pay attention to what it was either. This leads to another one of Sheldon and Penny's adventures, which I love. And finally, they paired the boys and girls with each other, while as of late, a lot of the episodes had a guys' storyline and a girls' storyline. Anyway, the two go to a jewelry store, Sheldon makes Amy cry of joy by buying her a tiara, ultimately forgiving him. Once again, Raj doesn't have a plot, and neither does Leonard this time around. But still, good all-around episode.