The Big Bang Theory

The Shiny Trinket Maneuver

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • I thought that this episode was great but I can understand why some users gave it a very low score

Sheldon finds himself in hot water when he doesn't appreciate Amy's recent accomplishment. Howard discovers Bernadette doesn't interact well with children. I thought that this was a great episode of "The Big Bang Theory". It wasn't the best episode of Season 5 but it was definitely a little better than the previous episode. My problems with this episode was that Bernadette was getting a little annoying and I know some users were irritated how she doesn't like kids and that she doesn't add humor and make the show any better. For a character, she is decent but she isn't my favorite though. It was pretty funny when she was yelling at the kids at the birthday party though when she and Howard were trying to perform a magic trick. Sheldon was also a little annoying as well and I didn't like how was paying attention to Amy near the beginning of the episode. The parts that did make me laugh were Bernadette yelling at the kids (as I just finished mentioning), whatever lines that Raj said in this episode, Amy being super happy and excited about Sheldon getting her a tiara, and some more. This episode did have its flaws but it's great for the most part yet it is irritating in a way because with the whole Howard/Bernadette thing and I didn't like how Bernadette would handle her whole "children" thing which was that Howard would stay home and take care of their child while Bernadette is out and enjoying life. Overall, a great episode of "The Big Bang Theory" but I do understand why some users gave this episode a very low score. 8.5/10