The Big Bang Theory

The Spaghetti Catalyst

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 03, 2010 on CBS

7.7
  • Goofy

Having Sheldon turn into the kid with the divorced parents was a little heavy-handed, but it was a nice recovery to the previous episode's break up. It had a bit more reality to it, which I think is actually what I miss most in this series. Yes, comedy is great, but it still needs to be rooted in something. World-building and reality are two of those things, and they were present in decent amounts in this episode.
  • Watch That 70's Show much?

I actually enjoyed the first half of this episode. I loved it in fact as it gave me flashbacks to early Season 2 when the show was at its peak as far as quality is concerned. The scenes with Sheldon trying to avoid Howard and running from the dog were masterful displays of physical humor from Jim Parsons, someone who is better known for his usage of scientific one-liners.

And then the second half happened where we saw a really stupid storyline that had Leonard and Penny fighting over Sheldon and the time they spent with him, as if they were his parents. This was done on an infamous episode of That 70's Show where Donna and Eric fought over time with their friends after their break-up, and specifically babied Fez. Sound familiar?

Oh, TBBT, if you could just give me one episode this season that I like from start to finish then I would be a happy man.

A great episode of Big Bang Theory although the whole idea has been done before as mentioned in the review below mine, it was still a great episode. The similarities to this episode and That 70s Show's episode really were uncanny, but it was still enjoyable nonetheless.

Penny & Leonard acting like parents has also been done before in a previous season 3 episode, and it kind of annoyed me here. Other than the eventful scene in the end where Penny says her & Leonard can be friends, this plot really wasn't much to write home about.

Sheldon trying to hide the fact that he was going to see Penny really was the best thing about this episode. From him sticking hot dogs down his pants to him trying to get rid of Howard, Sheldon was definitely the best thing about the episode. The Sheldon & Penny interactions were great as usual. Overall, great post-break up episode.