The Big Bang Theory

The Tangible Affection Proof

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 14, 2013 on CBS

• Kate Micuchi!

I am a hardcore atheist but I will start believing there is a God if Kate Michuchi stays in the show as Raj's girlfriend.

OK, OK, I am too much a hardcore atheist to believe in God no matter what, but Kate Micuchi as Raj's Girlfriend would be the next thing to divinity. Perfection would be that also her partner at Garfunkel and Oates (Riki Lindhome) would be Raj's other girlfriend (what could be more funny that the poor loser suddenly has a permanent threesome).

Please, make her stay.

The episode? Ah, funny as usual (although sometimes I want to enter the screen and punch Sheldon in the face for being so mean with Amy)
  • As Sheldon giveth, so Sheldon taketh away!

Just for a nanosecond or so, I thought we might get some Sheldon/Amy mouth to mouth without involving resuscitation but alas, it was not to be.

Not only did he provide the best "Aaaaaaw" moment with the "call in case of emergency" form he also managed to provide the finest egocentric moment for ages when he took the signed print that Alex had found for Amy as his own. Poor Alex, didn't have a clue about Sheldonian idiosychranisms.

You really have to wonder just how desperate Amy is for some Sheldonian "Lovin' ", that she would stand for this. She gives everything and he just takes it.

This was a fine episode where all the characters interactions were totally true to Valentines day, the fights, the recriminations and the eventual reconciliations.

Leonard was simply brilliant as the "Romance ninja" and losing the plot with Penny put the boot firmly on the other foot when she thought he was breaking up with her.

While I hope the series goes on for a few years yet, the writers have set up a potential finale perfectly with Penny down on one knee proposing to Leonard, hopefully it will indeed be the "Whole Nine Yards" he mentioned.

I'm hoping also that Raj's potential love interest is just that, as I'm getting seriously fed up with his gay/selective mutism schtick. Mind you Raj "piledriving Stuart into oblivion" raised some unfortunate imagery.

Overall, a fine episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Will you be my valentine? nah, maybe next year!

Penny and Leonard's relationship wont last. He is desperate for love and she is too scared of it. (Penny feels entrapped and settled) Alex is more than likely a love interest for Leonard in future, or maybe Raj and Alex (highly unlikely). Raj and his weird gay/metro gags are funny most of the times but he needs some fresh material, he was more of a player in seasons one and two. Sheldon and his ethos just too funny for words. Despite on the friction between the characters it was a hilarious episode.