The Big Bang Theory

The Transporter Malfunction

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 29, 2012 on CBS

• A Personal Favorite

My opinion of this episode is probably very biased, as I'm also something of a Star Trek fan. I can't help myself - I just love the transporter, the Spock figurine, Sheldon's Gorn-infected dreams and numerous other references - and Leonard Nimoy, guest-starring as the voice of the Spock figurine, makes this one of the most notable episodes of the show in my book.

As fare as the other side of the episode goes - agreed that the subplot revolving around Raj's selective mutism/sexuality is overused, but here it's amusing enough. And I do love it when we get to see a skype conversation between Raj and his parents!
  • Amazing episode!

One of the best episodes ever!

Voice of Leonard Nimoy for the little Spock toy was amazing!

Congrats!
  • A good episode, though definitely not the best this season.

I am all for character centric episodes. Raj is a good character to poke fun at, but the "is he gay thing" is getting very tired. Let him have a date for the wedding ... please? Even let me get to use his Bologna. Though the gay girl friend sub-plot was definitely the best part of the whole episode. The Sheldon plot line was disappointing, but I am not sure why. I did not miss Amy either. The Wiggly Finger Catalyst was a much better Raj Episode.The best episode this season for me remains the Halloween Episode.
  • Hallelujah, a (fairly) good episode, at last!

Finally! Not laugh out loud funny like the best episodes of the first couple of series, but actually amusing, with good interplay with all the characters. I wonder what the mystery factor could be - why this one was so much better than the others? Hmm... 19 episodes with Amy, all flat; 1 episode without Amy, best episode of the series by far. No, can't quite see it, but I'm sure it will come to me.
  • BEST EPISODE, THE OLD DAYS ARE BACK :)

I almost have lost interest in the serie after the second season. Bad writing and lack of imagination!

But this last episode was genius, the two main stories Raj and Mini Spok (with Nimov voice), are perfect in every dialogue.

Just want to know who is the author, well above the rest.

Bravo
  • Pretty funny but much too Raj "centric".

Certainly can't agree with the previous poster and his "10" for this ep.

Yes, pretty funny but how far can you really push the idea that a guy with a supposedly huge IQ wouldn't be actively seeking medical help for his "selective mutism".

To be honest, I'm starting to find the "is he or isn't he gay" situations getting more and more absurd.

However, I have to say the Gay "girlfriend" was classic "Dude on Dude but with girls).

For the rest of the episode, however, I loved Sheldon tying himself in knots when he tried to lie to Leonard but where was Amy in this ep?

Plenty of chuckles but not a patch on last week or the Halloween (still the episode to beat IMHO for ALL of the seasons) episode.
  • BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON!!!

I really love Raj centered episodes and this one was definitely one of the best so far. And definitely the best ep of the season!! MORE PLEASE!!