The Big Bang Theory

The Vacation Solution

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 09, 2012 on CBS

7.4
  • Again, the writers lack courage!!!

This was a good episode of Big Bang yet again but with the writers still seemingly incapable of getting Sheldon's blatant personality issues into some form of resolution.

Once again, the writers had a perfect opportunity to get some Humanity into Sheldon's persona but dropped the ball, yet again.

***Spoiler zone!***

To be honest, I thought the program intro was pretty much pathetic, Sheldon's helpless laughter at his own "gag"did nothing for me at all and seemed very forced.

However, the episode stepped up brilliantly when Sheldon decided to "vacation" in Amy's lab and for all his assumed brilliance was shown to be very amateurish in a field of science he regarded as "minor", compared to Physics.

Amy's annoyance at Sheldon's disregard was spot on and basically brought him down to Earth big time but here is where the writers dropped the ball.

Jim Parson's pratt fall (as it's called over here) was magnificent and only the 2nd version in the Cheesecake Factory topped the laugh factor.

I have to say, however, that in Howard's place, I too would have told Bernadette where to stick her Pre-Nup. Anything else would be to admit his career/job was of no import".

Completely unacceptable, in my view.

I loved the Amy/Sheldon interaction when he had to show some contrition in her lab but this was where the writers lost it.

A perfect opportunity given that Amy has gradually come out of her shell under the influence of Penny and Bernadette to "count coup" was utterly missed.

As an example, after Sheldon had been forced to make a sincere apology to Amy, I would have loved it if she had simply stepped up to him and said "Kiss Me".

I can imagine Sheldon's head going sideways, unable to process the request but caving as he would be screwed, otherwise.

C'mon writers, the series has to progress!

Get it done!!!

A decent rating because it was pretty funny but it could have been sooooo much more.