The Big Bang Theory

The Vegas Renormalization

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 27, 2009 on CBS

Way better than the previous episode. For some reason this show always reminds me of "Friends." They even have a Vegas episode, for Pete's sake. May be because Penny's character is much like Rachel's character on Friends but anyways, this was a great episode of TBBT. I love how the writers are stepping out of their comfort zones in a way. I mean, the group going to Vegas? A bit unexpected. Leonard & Raj getting a hooker for Howard was hilarious.

I'm glad the pointless Leslie & Howard pairing ended though. I don't know if we'll be seeing Leslie again in a better light, but I'm just glad that little story line is over. Of course the Sheldon & Penny interactions for the most part steal the show. Sheldon gets locked out of his apartment which results in Sheldon having to sleep over at Penny's.

The fact that Sheldon couldn't fathom the idea of being friends with benefits was hilarious, and I just loved Penny's reaction times. Also great revival of Penny singing the Cat song to Sheldon. We've got some great interactions here, especially near the end. Sheldon's closing line to Leonard just was hysterical. Great episode overall, looking forward to the next.