The Big Bang Theory

The Wildebeest Implementation

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 05, 2011 on CBS

7.8
  • I'm a Good Girl

This episode felt like it wasn't planned out at all. It wasn't terribly entertaining (though it started out somewhat strong with the girls), it bounced around way too much, and it tried too hard to move toward the season finale. It just didn't flow well.
  • Leonard: Beekeeper to King 12. I capture your pope and release the swarm. Checkmate on Sheldon. Sheldon: I knew I should've given my pope the jet pack.

Girls Plot: Sooo Bernadette & Howard are invted to dinnner WQith LEonard & pria and acocridng to Amy, it's the perfect opportunity for Bernie to spy on how Pria speaks of her. So to counterattack, Penny makes her tell them she is datign an astronaut & making a 3D movie with Jolie. But as her lies start to be noted, she gets more and more nervous to the point of leaving the room.

Raj: Raj gets new pills for his women issues, and goes try 'em out in a coffee shop. Turns out, they turned him into a ocmplete polar opposite of how he was, and he strips down for a lady in the coffee shop.

Sheldon: He tried to invent 3 person chess, adding 2 pieces (at first) and a new space to play, but he went overboard with new quirks for the game.

Title Refernece: Amy says Bernadette is like a wildebeest. Overall: Great episode. Benadeette was hilarious, the Sheldon plot was awesome & the 3D comments had me LOLing. 9/10.
  • Isn't Chinese Checkers essentially Chess with three people?

Well, maybe that does not allow for different pieces (like in chess) to be used, but it's close enough I suppose.

This was just a disaster though. They opened the episode up with the three female castmembers and it was downright horrible. Maybe I could tolerate a scene in the women's bathroom if I'm watching The Charlie's Angels reboot or something, but not a show with these three ladies.

Raj was terrible here, and I guess the only positive to take away from this is that the Leonard appearances were few and far between tonight. That's a step in the right direction.

Sorry Bang, you were acceptable last week, but this episode was downright terrible.

5.5
    A mediocre installment this week, the new format this show has had as of late has been good but tonight, it wasn't so great. Opening the episode with Penny, Bernadette, and Amy? In my opinion, these three have been getting way too much screen time. I think the opening scene is where I draw the line.

I think Amy should have been the "wildebeest." It would have been a lot funnier considering I don't find Bernadette funny at all. Priya is doing nothing for this show, and I don't even know what Leonard's doing anymore.

The whole scene at the coffee shop started out good but ended quite terribly. Raj taking off his clothes in public was just not amusing. Weak installment overall, hopefully the finale will be better.
  • Another hilarious episode!

This entire episode was just one laugh after another! I loved the line where they called Bernadette the strawberry smelling wildebeest! Amy is so funny now that she has loosened up since hanging out with Penny. Of course, the funniest had to be when Raj and Sheldon went out. I loved Sheldon smiling his smug little smile while assuring the guest that he was "just observing." Jim Parsons is a true comic actor. A rare talent we don't see in most television today where the scenes are usually more foul than funny. Another wonderful episode from The Big Bang Theory!!
  • "I knew I should given my Pope a jet-pack!".

First off, this seems like the first time in ages (if ever) an episode where the guys weren't in the opening grab. I thought it may have been a one off thing last episode with fun loving Amy because she looked like she'd had a few to drink last week. But it seems to have stuck, and gun to my head, i'm actually liking it, sure it maybe a little jarring, but i couldn't stand up tight Amy. I'd say for much longer...but that time has come and gone.

Surprisingly, Sheldon had very little to do in this episode, he usually gets all the best stuff, but i like it when him and Raj get solo plots together, they're a strange mix, which makes for some great comedy. Not that Shelly got the short end of the stick, he still had some good one liners, "Tic-tacs!".
    I liked that they started to move Raj forward with his selective mutism, it's not funny anymore, and its past its use by date. I'm not sure if that's the case tho, judging from the ending, but i guess we'll see. Bernadette had some funny stuff here, i like that they utilised her better here, she never is 80 percent of the time. I'm hoping Penny and Leonard get back together soon, it seems inevitable, and Priya was okay the first episode or so she was in, but her presents continues to be a stalling tactic in my mind. The hinting of another engagement (vague, given) but I think this was more for shock value. On the other hand, meeting the Koothrappalis, i'd move to see them out from behind the laptop screen, hope that come into fruition.

Heard some say they felt that they wrote Penny, Bernadette and Amy in a pretty
    stereotypical manner, what with the bathroom stall chit chat and the the purchasing of overly priced shoes, i can see most of that, though it some of it in character for Penny. While i would point out Bernadette didn't seem that interested in the footwear, and i'm fairly certain she was doing it for solidarity with Penny, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense given her demeanour and attitude about such things in past episodes.

I can see some people may not have enjoyed the change of pace with the girl's getting the lime light for once, i for one didn't mind at all. Although, i don't think i'd like to see this too often.