The Big C

Divine Intervention

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 25, 2010 on Showtime

• And the wait is over!

The big news in this episode? Cathy FINALLY tells somebody about her cancer. The episode wasn't perfect, but for once, the show started feeling the way I always thought it should've been. There was a lot going on, and there was a wide variety of drama and guest stars here, each one doing some of their best work. After a few weeks of disappointments (at least for me), the show seems to be getting better and better.

Cathy's affair with Lenny is finally discovered by Paul, who doesn't take it very well. He decides to hook up with Tina, the woman who likes the rugby players. Meanwhile, Cathy decides to figure out a little more about Andrea's home life and learns that all the melodramatic B.S that Andrea fed her about her dad being dead and her mom being addicted to drugs was lies. She learns that she's a choir girl at a church and has a pleasant family. This leads to a great scene where Cathy goes to Andrea's church and admits she's lied and cheated on her husband to the entire group of people.. it's funny and heart-breaking all at once.

In a minor plot, Adam apologizes to Andrea for dissing her at the party last week, and as a result, she accepts but makes him work for it. It's pretty great to see the two back together, and while I never really understood their friendship, it's had a few good scenes out of it. Mainly, the episode all lead up to Cathy finally admitting to Paul that she has cancer. The episode wasn't bad before it, but this revelation kickstarts the season that has felt largely idle up until now.

I have high hopes for the show now.. seeing that Liam Neeson will be in the final episode, yet ANOTHER guest-star in this season already filled with guest-stars. All in all, this first season is coming out good, but it could've been great. It started off great and quickly fizzled out. Let's keep our fingers crossed though.