The Big C Forums

Showtime (ended 2013)

I don't get It (Spolier)

torque4015

[1]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 18

I don't get it Cathy is mad at Paul for what he did yet she did something worse. You think that she would say okay well now were even but no she's got to be aHippocrate I was liking the show up untill then. Anyone else have a problem with this ??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anbis82

[2]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 60

Actually no, because I see her reaction not as a result of his infidelity. Cathy even says she would have been fine with it if he never told her about it. His confession tells her something else which is far more worse: It says that nothing has actually changed, it's still a Paul show with Paul, he doesn't really care about her feelings as long as it makes him feel better. And this happens just when she thought she could tell him about her illness.
    Let's be honest, she needs someone supportive (like Lenny) right now, but Paul is probably that kind of guy that's even more pregnant when his wife is pregnant. And I don't think he would suddenly change and support her when he finds out about her cancer, he would probably run to his therapist and whine that the world is so cruel to him because his wife is dying. He probably would not be able to pick her up after her surgery because he'd be passed out on the couch from all night drinking because of the world's cruelty

torque4015

[3]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 18
    anbis82 wrote:

Actually no, because I see her reaction not as a result of his infidelity. Cathy even says she would have been fine with it if he never told her about it. His confession tells her something else which is far more worse: It says that nothing has actually changed, it's still a Paul show with Paul, he doesn't really care about her feelings as long as it makes him feel better. And this happens just when she thought she could tell him about her illness.
    Let's be honest, she needs someone supportive (like Lenny) right now, but Paul is probably that kind of guy that's even more pregnant when his wife is pregnant. And I don't think he would suddenly change and support her when he finds out about her cancer, he would probably run to his therapist and whine that the world is so cruel to him because his wife is dying. He probably would not be able to pick her up after her surgery because he'd be passed out on the couch from all night drinking because of the world's cruelty

That actually makes alot sense I get It Now TY

Ofuda

[4]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 9

In the first episode, when at her doctor's office, once Cathy tells the doctor she hasn't told her husband.

Doctor: What does your husband feel?

Cathy: I haven't told him yet.

Doctor: Wow.

(...)

Cathy: I was going to tell him but when I got home there were fifteen men in my house playing videogames. Paul was drunk and peeing in the frontyard. I found myself saying I think I need to be alone for a while."

Add that quote to the husband getting hammered after having given the son beer (ep 7) and her behaviour makes sense.

zitzitta

[5]Nov 15, 2010
    • level: 8
    Btw, he's still doing it. He does whatever he wants without taking her wishes into consideration. He honestly believes he's helping her but he's so clueless that he doesn't even get it when she point-blank tells him that he's stepping all over her "territory". I get the feeling that whenever she speaks, he only hears: blablablabla and bla! Sheesh!