The Big Comfy Couch Forums

YTV (ended 2003)

New Comfy Couch Eps and a New Loonette?

cksmith1973

[1]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 1

Good news and Bad news.

As you know, The Good News is There are 22 more Big Comfy Couch episodes so It hasn't ended or cancelled. The bad news is That Alyson Court who played Loonette for the past 5 seasons was now replaced by Theather actress Ramona Gilmour-Darling. Does anyone agree with me that Alyson should remain as Loonette?

I consider her the Original Loonette the Clown. I missed her. 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sweetpea8420

[2]Aug 7, 2006
    I'm with you. I miss the old Loonette !!! =(  Alyson Court was much better !! I don't even like to watch the new eps. Does anyone know why Alyson isn't Loonette anymore ?

Rachel_11

[3]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 6
    I like the old girl and the new person's voice is soooo.  Different and it is sooo easy to tell that she a new.  And I watched for a second and could tell that some thing was not right.

mandmsmith

[4]Jan 9, 2007
    We LOVE the NEW Loonette!!! When we saw the older episodes they seemed "dark". The new Loonette is full of energy and personality, she makes us happy. The old Loonette seemed snotty and kinda mean to Molly.

Gabbysmom

[5]Jan 11, 2007
    My 2 year old daughter just loves The Big Comfy Couch she walks around the house singing " Get Ready" Her loonette doll is her most treasured toy which she calls "lolly". Good thing for the doll it didn't change when the actress playing loonette changed. Alyson Court was an amazing loonette but this new girl makes loonette look as though she is slow or drunk. It is like she is trying too hard. I dread when it comes on and is a new episode however my 2 year old doesn't seem to mind and I guess that is what matters.

awesomeperson82

[6]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    I haven't seen the new girl, but wasn't Miss Court getting kind of old?

matrix103

[7]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    I grew up with this show I watched this show when it was on every morning their was not one day that I missed out.

Katie_Duong

[8]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 40
    i feel so weird commenting on here. i grew up with this show too. i liked court better too. omg, i love this show! i miss it soooooo much! i tried searching for some eps or parts of the eps but i can't seem to find any does anybody know where i could watch this show on?!?i feel weird asking because i'm 13 and still in love with it... lol...

youpickthename

[10]Mar 4, 2007
    I really miss Alyson as Loonette. My 2 year old adores the show, she actually learned part of her alphabet from the "Doll School" segments, which i've also noted that they've removed from the episodes. As far as drugs and alcohol making these girls happy? I'm thinking you should get a glimpse of their paycheques! They probably get paid enough to make anyone happy all the time!

Desi1973

[11]Jun 19, 2007
    The old Loonette sucked. Plain and simple. She was abbrassive, very mean, and had a face that wasn't welcoming. I have a nine month old daughter who turns away when the older episodes are aired, I sat and watched the older episodes and Ms. Court portraying Loonette was an absolute brat. This new girl has the demnor of a child, she is pleasent, energetic, bubbly, she brightens up the show. She is adorable. I think (as do my girls, I also have a six year old that is fascinated with the show) she is doing a fantastic job. I look forward to watching her for years to come.

olmstead4077

[12]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    I rather dig the new episodes this new chick playin' toonette's a doll pun intended

matrix103

[13]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 14
    I would hate to see this show slowly fade away in the wind.

gigglesweet

[14]Aug 31, 2007
    I grew up watching this show too, and I REALLY dont like the new Loonette. Now that I have a 1 and ahalf year old daughter who enjoyed the show as much as me, we would watch together all the time... Now, I cant stand watching it at all!! Its on right now, and I cant bear to be in the same room... It sounds so immature to me to not like a show, but the new girl just seems kind of fake, and annoying.. Anyways... does anyone know what has happened to the old Loonette? Is she going to be in any other shows now?

Zach_G_bunny

[15]Oct 21, 2007
    what channel or whjat ever can i find the big comfy couch show on??? does any one no cause i miss it so much!

starfloater

[16]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 2

To respond to 'Desi1973' who stated that the old Loonette sucked! That is totally not true. If it wasn't for the old Loonette the show would not have been so popular. In respond to the Old Loonette not being nice to everyone or her doll, well - hello! she was playing a child...and I know how children play for I was a teacher and I still tutor. Children are not always nice to each other and the showportrayed that aspect of a child's life of not always getting along but forgiving each other and being able to talk things out and expressing their feelings. The old Loonette had more personality to her, she and the other actors and actresses seemed to just blend well together.

The minute I turned on the show today and saw the new Lonette(I haven't seen the show in years) I knew it wasn't Alyson. She looked so different and she is sooooo nice it is pathetic, it is like she is trying to hard to play her part and they changed her personality to be so sweet.If I want a sweet, no personality whatsoever,I would have my kids watch 'Barney & Friends.' I don't like her facial expressions either. I don't know why they replaced Alyson Court, the new girl is only two years younger than the old Lonette andthe new girl actually looks her age, which is not a good thing.

Oh and I know a few people are looking for times and channels of the show. I was able to catch the show at 1:30pm Eastern time on the Cable Channel 'WETA'. However, I think if you click on 'Listings', on the top of this page, you can have the site locate and your own TV channels in your area and then be able to search for the show using the Listing.

Edited on 11/07/2007 10:44am

whitwhitn

[17]Feb 9, 2008
    i watched it for the first time in a long time today because i used to love big comfy couch but right away i knew something was wrong. then i noticed loonette was different so i had to google it. lol to find out what was goin on.

ohnomaam

[18]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 3

It's not just the new Loonette, it's everything. They changed the show! The theme song sounds different, they should have left it the same. Loonette can go to Clowntown alone? That's a little strange. What's up with Uncle Chester? It sounds like "Chester the child molester" or something. Too many changes = ruin a classic show.

jeslovslex

[19]Jan 18, 2009
    i totally hated the new loonette. the moment i first saw an episode with her on it, i just knew something was different... i miss the old loonette...and i miss the old setup of the show. now, it totally bores me. that ramona girl just doesn't act so natural with the loonette character and her eyes have no emotions at all...it's like when i'm watching her, it would really show that she's just acting...not like allyson who really seemed like she is loonette the clown...why did they change everything in the show? the couch, the clock rug, loonette's wiggles are gone, she can even go to clowntown alone! it made no sense at all...

carlymartin

[20]Apr 14, 2011

The creator of Big Comfy Couch has a new web based series for preschool children- Bunny Bop!

Bunny Bop! features kids in bunny suits in a wondrous garden-like setting. Accompanied by gentle music, nature sounds and the occasionalcalm commentary of "Gramma Bunny", preschool kids play in groupsand solo, exploring the ups and downs of learning, interacting and having silly fun. It's a reality show for kids–except that when you are under four, realityis anything you imagine it to be. Even being a bunny !

http://bunnybop.com/